Old 11th August 2009, 13:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! Can I glow green with envy? Waiting for reports after run-in period
Thanks a lot JK. Run in report may take quite a while though, hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I like this white colour painting scheme.perhaps ,the first time in a India production bike? .Enjoy your bike!
Thanks deepclutch. Very true, somehow white does look striking on the Menace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hey Samarth, congrats on your new bike!
How come the Pulsar didnt figure on your list at all?
Hey Ben, thanks bro. Regarding the Pulsar, though I like the bike there are too many of them around. Exclusivity was the one factor it lost on. The RTR was more of a heart thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats Sammy. White does look great. Happy riding. Cheers.
Thanks for your wishes MJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi sammy!! congrats for the new bike!! looks very very good in white, the helmet and bike combination looks awesome. Would like to repeat what ben asked above. how come no pulsar or FZ ??
If you can give a litte elaborate comparison if you TD those bikes too.
Thank Fordmanchau. Like I posted above, Pulsar is too common and the FZ though an awesome bike has an almost non existent rear seat which was a necessity in my case as my wife would be with me most of the time.
To be frank i didnt even test ride any other bike. It was a classic case of love at first sight
Old 11th August 2009, 13:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sammy! The bike looks great in white! What are the performance figures?
Old 11th August 2009, 13:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sammyboy!! Was a much awaited review and a very neat concise report at that. Bike looks awesome in white and so does the location where you have taken the pics..

Since you had 75k as your budget, the FZ16 would have also been a good city commuter with adequate power for the city. Any reason you did not go for the FZ??

EDIT: Question on FZ answered below! was late in posting i guess!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 11th August 2009 at 13:24.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:18   #19
BHPian

Congrats sammyboy...the bike looks really good in white!

100kms in almost a month eh? you need to take that beast out on a long run and let it free its legs. Maybe after your first service atleast?

I have had my new TBird for 4 days and I have done 240kms already (and my office is only 7kms from home :-s )
Old 11th August 2009, 13:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congrats Sammy! The bike looks great in white! What are the performance figures?
Heyy Sankar, thanks a ton man. Great to hear from you.
As per the mags and reviews they say 4.15 secs for a 0-60 run.
Though I cant really say if it does conform to those figures, I can safely say that its pretty responsive. Begs to be ripped. God knows its hard to keep it under 50-55 cos its there on the speedo before you know it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th August 2009 at 13:35.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:26   #21
BHPian

Sammy: Congrats! I was about to PM you a couple of days ago! (I saw in one of your replies in some thread that you bought a Menace :-) )

So you gave up your wait for Ninja 250 finally! (just like me )

Hope you have lots of fun with your bike!
Old 11th August 2009, 13:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Sammyboy!! Was a much awaited review and a very neat concise report at that. Bike looks awesome in white and so does the location where you have taken the pics..

Since you had 75k as your budget, the FZ16 would have also been a good city commuter with adequate power for the city. Any reason you did not go for the FZ??
heh heh thanks man. The location is my apartment complex in Bangalore.
The FZ16 lost majorly because I couldnt find the rear seat on that thing.
Wouldnt want to ride sitting on the tank with wifey on my seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Congrats sammyboy...the bike looks really good in white!

100kms in almost a month eh? you need to take that beast out on a long run and let it free its legs. Maybe after your first service atleast?

I have had my new TBird for 4 days and I have done 240kms already (and my office is only 7kms from home :-s )
Wow, 240 kms in 4 days is not bad at all man. When I bought my splendor back in 96 I completed 750 kms in 7 days, but those times were different ( younger days hee hee).
I feel strange giving the Menace for its first service with 100 kms on the Odo but what to do. Office travel for me is 25kms (total both ways) but i prefer taking the car as I leave office between 10-11pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Sammy: Congrats! I was about to PM you a couple of days ago! (I saw in one of your replies in some thread that you bought a Menace :-) )

So you gave up your wait for Ninja 250 finally! (just like me )

Hope you have lots of fun with your bike!
Heh heh thanks Sriram. The best thing is you, me and Techno all three of us started planning at the same time and ended up with different bikes with me joining the bandwagon the last.

I did want to wait for the Ninja man, you know how crazy we are, but its taking too long.
Then you never know what happens when it gets launched

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th August 2009 at 13:33.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:07   #23
BHPian

Congrats and good colour selection. Hope the frustrating running - in period gets completed soon, so we can have a full review.

Ride safe bro, happy biking
Old 11th August 2009, 14:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Samarth on your new acquisition. So are you transiting into a Biker now from your "Ikoner" status. I kid, I kid and have a a great ride with your racing throttle response unleashed
Old 11th August 2009, 14:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Congrats and good colour selection. Hope the frustrating running - in period gets completed soon, so we can have a full review.

Ride safe bro, happy biking
Thanks a lot sats. I hope I am able to run in soon too bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Congrats Samarth on your new acquisition. So are you transiting into a Biker now from your "Ikoner" status. I kid, I kid and have a a great ride with your racing throttle response unleashed
Heyy VJ thanks man, where have you been ? True to your location you seem to be lost in oblivion
heh heh the ikoneer will always stay an ikoneer man, just getting to be a "Menace" now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
That sounds real good. Yes, more pictures are welcome.

BTW, how much did it cost?
The helmet cost me Rs 3200. Will take a few pics of it and post.

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th August 2009 at 14:19.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Phew finally the thread is up

Congrats Sammyboy the RTR 180 looks menacing in white, good choice of color

I will be waiting for the post runin review because as I observed in my case that while the low end grunt on the 160 is good for more than just enough commuting, it takes a longer stretch to really tap the true potential of the bike, I am sure it would be much better in case of the 180 thanks to a better Power to weight ratio & new riding dynamics.

Did you observe how much time bike takes to get warmed up on a cold start?
Old 11th August 2009, 14:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Phew finally the thread is up

Congrats Sammyboy the RTR 180 looks menacing in white, good choice of color

I will be waiting for the post runin review because as I observed in my case that while the low end grunt on the 160 is good for more than just enough commuting, it takes a longer stretch to really tap the true potential of the bike, I am sure it would be much better in case of the 180 thanks to a better Power to weight ratio & new riding dynamics.

Did you observe how much time bike takes to get warmed up on a cold start?
heh heh Thanks Techno
The warming up time is a good point as the bike stays put for 2-3 days at a stretch and even when it is taken out, it hardly covers 2-3 kms at a go.
I warm it up for about 30-40 secs using the choke before I start riding it and it seems to work.
I tried to take it out after warming it for 10 secs or so yesterday and could feel the difference. The bike did jerk at low speeds on the 1st gear for a while. Will note down the changes with warming up time and report.

Ideally how long should I warm it up?
Old 11th August 2009, 15:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well I too warm my bike for roughly a 30-40 seconds & sometimes it works. How long would really depend on the actual weather & the duration the bike was not used IMHO.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:18   #29
BHPian

Congratz Sammyboy. The bike looks stunning in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I like this white colour painting scheme.perhaps ,the first time in a India production bike? .Enjoy your bike!
TVS Suzuki Supra came with the white color painting scheme.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wow, 240 kms in 4 days is not bad at all man. When I bought my splendor back in 96 I completed 750 kms in 7 days, but those times were different ( younger days hee hee).
I feel strange giving the Menace for its first service with 100 kms on the Odo but what to do. Office travel for me is 25kms (total both ways) but i prefer taking the car as I leave office between 10-11pm.
younger days indeed sammy, I still remember when I got my KB 4s in 1996, I did 100kms on its first day (which included learning to ride a bike! ) . The TBTS though (my 3rd bike) has made me forget my car and the fact I'm now almost a dinosaur!
I would have thought a bike like the Apache would have the same effect on you, hehe

But I agree with taking the car to work as you commute at those late hours.
I would do the same.

Last edited by Abhay : 11th August 2009 at 15:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks