Old 26th August 2009, 16:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dude

That was U turn decision

Please keep us posted.
Old 26th August 2009, 17:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

lol, when i thought you were all set for the Pulsar ..BOOM
Congratulations bro, nice to see another "Menace" on the Forum.

Do keep us posted on the developments.
Old 26th August 2009, 17:08   #33
BHPian

+1 to Apache 180. Have done a TD on Apache and this one's got power and pickup. Comfort is good for city driving. Anytime, go for an Apache.

Inside news, TVS would be coming up with Apache 220 by mid 2010 in competition with Ninja 250 (to be launched this Diwali). Source: CPL TVS (Lajpat Ngr).
Old 26th August 2009, 17:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

the test ride changed my Decision .Will Share the Black RTR pics Once I receive it.tbhp and another "bhp" helped me choosing this Bike.

thanks to all for helping me reconsider my decision for Apache.

PS:BTW ,Pulsar 180 UGIV too is a Good Bike!I liked it too.

Last edited by deepclutch : 26th August 2009 at 17:18.
Old 26th August 2009, 17:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Btw The current Pulsar is V4 & UG3 & not UG4
Old 26th August 2009, 17:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Technocrat:Just saw that the title is edited to UG3.Please Explain why it is not UG4 ?
Bajaj Dealer representatives even call it UG4.if you know ,then please decrypt these UG numbers
Old 26th August 2009, 17:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !! Does it come with TVS Srichakra tires?
If so please change to imported tires or R15 MRFs to really enjoy the handling of the bike.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th August 2009 at 01:15.
Old 26th August 2009, 17:47   #38
BHPian

Congrats deepclutch! waiting for the pics. Have a safe ride.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@Technocrat:Just saw that the title is edited to UG3.Please Explain why it is not UG4 ?
Bajaj Dealer representatives even call it UG4.if you know ,then please decrypt these UG numbers
UG stands for Upgrade. Technocrat is right, the current Pulsar is the V4 (version 4) and the UG3 (the first DTSi was called the UG1, this is the third upgrade).

Waiting for the pics. Also if possible narrate a few technological/riding advantages that made you choose the RTR over the 180.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, deepclutch! You certainly made an U-turn with your choice

Please share the Test Ride impressions of the RTR.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Here is what I posted in another thread recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Pervez here is how they are called

Classic - Original Pulsar with round Headlamp
DTSi V1 - The first DTSi model
V2 or UG1 - Pulsars with 17inch alloys & Gas Shocks
V3 or UG2 - Pulsars with Phantom fairing & digi Speedo & new electricals
V4 or UG3 - The current Pulsars

UG stands for Upgrade & that's Official BAL classification for Service centers.

I hope this clears
Old 27th August 2009, 00:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Congratulations, deepclutch! You certainly made an U-turn with your choice

Please share the Test Ride impressions of the RTR.
Yes.A U-Turn of Decision.But When you Test Ride Pulsar 180 and Apache Bikes and compare ,there will be changes in Opinion!

Got the Bike Test Ride for a km and back and the Response to Slightest turn of throttle is Brilliant.The Bike is a good performer(the Change is much more felt when you compare it with Pulsar 180).I liked the power delivery of RTR more than Pulsar.Few other things which I liked in RTR which influenced My Decision includes Front and Rear Disc Brakes for Good Stopping Power.

I will share some sore points I have with Apache 180 too for a Neutral Observation(I am not a bike reviewer BTW!):
Tyres ,given a chance shall be replaced for Better Options.Vibration is not that much of an issue according to: Me,but still ,TVS can make it a little more refined.Then , the lacking of DC Lighting is something I miss in Apache 180 ,Since I will be Riding at Nights as well.

I will post My Feed backs after few weeks or months of ownership.I hope this will serve fine for a City Bike as well as Once in a while Long Trips(all alone!).

Last edited by deepclutch : 27th August 2009 at 00:19.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

@ deepclutch what tires are on the bike ? if they are not tvs sichkara then go for mrf zapper-S (R15) immediately . trust me you will enjoy the bike . i think the size is 17/100/80 so they wont hamper anything .
Old 27th August 2009, 15:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Salaam Guys,
Today Morning 11AM I took the delivery of My BLACK Apache RTR 180 Bike from Cochin Motors and Enjoyed a 37kms Ride to My Home.Bike Sure got Vibrations.But what a Handling and Performance!Took The Route NH49 Kochi-Muvattupuzha and the Cornering Jobs are great and Precise compared to Other Bikes.I agree with their Ad "Racing DNA".Brakes are Excellent!I felt this Bike will sure go places with a 6th Cog.

Regarding the dealer ,I think these people likes People to Buy Bikes in Shocking Flat rate(22% plus "effective" interest) Interest.This Sales Guy seems Disinterested when I am Buying it for Ready Cash.
The Bike Costs Rs64,990 Ex-Showroom Kochi.On The Road it costed Me Rs71800/- including insurance,road tax(lifetime),CESS etc.Only Freebies I got are Buzzer and a Side Handle(Which I will Remove).

I found 2 small problems with the bike:
1)Disc Pads Squealing
2)Front fork producing a "Thud" Sound when goes through Humps etc.
Asked a Road Side Mechanic to Check and He Said These are not serious Issues and show it to the Local TVS service centre to look after.Front Fork needs to be adjusted or Tightened ,I think.I am having a slight doubt whether it happened due to Number Plate fixed on the Fork,topping onto it.Guys ,Any Hope of Fixing Number Plate like those FZ-16/FZ-S Guys Does in the Top of the Dome ?

Anyways ,the Ride is great.I tried hard to keep the bike below 55kmph.As of Now ,Gear Changes are Smooth.Bikes Engine gets Real Hot and I think it is common for new bikes.The Idle Rpm shows around 2000rpm when hot,but when switches on the Lights ,it settles around 1300rpm(IIRC).
Will Post The Photos Today Evening or Tomorrow Morning.A180 RTR is hard to Distinguish from RTR 160(even the rear sticker job is confusing to read 160 or 180).
I will be changing the Engine Oil after finishing 100kms.Any Recommendation for the Oil for RTR 180?

Again ,thanks to All for helping me decide the Bike(I had 90% made up My Mind for Pulsar 180!and then the sudden U-turn!)

@YC.BALENO.CHD:It got TVS Tyres(ATT 825).Bike was Manufactured on 18/8/2009.

Last edited by deepclutch : 27th August 2009 at 15:36.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. I have also been facing this squeaking sound from the rear disc. Did get it checked in the 1st service but though it has reduced, the sound is still there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks