Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 15:53   #46
BHPian

Bottle Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I just enquired for the stock company short bottle silencer at the RE spares shop in Bangalore, and they quoted Rs.1500 with the bent pipe.. strange!!!
Can you please let me know where in Bangalore. I am interested in changing mine to the bottle one !
Old 14th December 2009, 16:16   #47
BHPian

Sandhya Motors, JC Road. ( Right behind the SBI ATM )
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:26   #48
BHPian

Alright, another update to the TB saga..got the 3rd servicing done today at Dhone.
They called up during the day and the adviser told me that the brake liners need to be replaced. For some reason I said no to immediate replacement and after checking out it does seem thaht the brakes are squealing a lot more than earlier (also don't bite much). No other problems right now.
Also got a bigger horn (did not want something very loud, but louder than the OEM squeaky one- got a used one, not sure if it was worth it - Rs 600 )

Current odo reading is 4900 kms.
Bike has been running smoothly and with no problems. But I am now fed up of going for service/parts all the way to Dhone at Market Yard.

So anybody knows any good, reliable RE mechanics close to where I live?
(anything in Deccan, Kothrud, Aundh, Baner, Pashan etc is fine)
Also will have to get the liner checked and/or replaced soon.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:13   #49
BHPian

leak from petrol tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Its a brilliant bike. Rode one all the way to Leh Ladakh and back. The only grouch i found was a leak from the fuel filler cap.
Hi balenopower,

there is a simple solution for this. Ask your local mechanic to fix an ambassador bush on the lid of the petrol tank. this stops the leak permanently!
have done this on my bike. this is a common problem with the bullets especially on a full tank.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:36   #50
BHPian

While talking to advait, remembered that my bike is 1 year old today.
1 year has flown by - the odo reads about 7,500 kms.
Still have to get the 4th service done from a local mechanic (not going to bother with the dealer now - its too far and they don't really do much anyways)

Planning a longer ride on the beast once I get the oil change/checkup done.
Old 19th June 2012, 10:31   #51
BHPian

Re: The Bird has landed! (Royal Enfield TBTS new ownership review)

Haven't updated this one, so thought might bump it...Its been almost 3 yrs and my odo is at 17k (I know not much but the riding has been limited by other matters). Have had a few longish rides (Harihareshwar, Murud, Dandeli/Karwar/Goa) but might be doing a longer one after the monsoons.

No major problems to report, bike is being serviced by Chinmay (in Akurdi, PCMC) who was recc'd by fellow tbhp members. Does a good job, and I ride the bike pretty nicely as well.

Spare parts cost a lot, have already gone through 3/4 clutch cables, 2 mirrors (1 mirror just cracked in front of my eyes for no reason! same must have happened to other) and sundry wear and tear items (especially rear brake).

Still enjoy riding the bird though I feel a lack of grip under sudden braking. Might going for larger rear alleviate that problem?

Most Viewed