Team-BHP - Planning to BUY RE Electra 5s in Pondicherry & Use in Bangalore Need Advice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Planning to BUY RE Electra 5s in Pondicherry & Use in Bangalore Need Advice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/64161-planning-buy-re-electra-5s-pondicherry-use-bangalore-need-advice.html)

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Royal enfield Electra 5s in Pondicherry and use it in Bangalore. what are the documents should i have and what are the pros and cons for the same ?
My close collegue is from Pondicherry i can get the bike in his name and get it transferd to my name .
Bhpians who have experience in such regards are requested to advice.

thanks
MSVG

None of my business but.. WHY?

You do realize that this will effectively reduce the resale value of the bike. As you are the second owner.
So any Money you may save by via of lesser taxation is going to be lost.

Also, where will you get it registered in your Name.
Pondicherry: then why buy in your friends name.
Bangalore: since you will need to pay the tax when you do this, why would you do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1448746)
None of my business but.. WHY?

You do realize that this will effectively reduce the resale value of the bike. As you are the second owner.
So any Money you may save by via of lesser taxation is going to be lost.

Also, where will you get it registered in your Name.
Pondicherry: then why buy in your friends name.
Bangalore: since you will need to pay the tax when you do this, why would you do this.

Sometime back, I read in news paper that paying the road tax again is not necessary if you have already paid in another state.
Has this rule not been implemented yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive (Post 1448777)
Sometime back, I read in news paper that paying the road tax again is not necessary if you have already paid in another state.

Its not road tax but entry tax. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ide-state.html

You still have to pay Road tax to use the vehicle within karnataka, if you are planning to use it for long term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive (Post 1448777)

Not the best of my knowledge.

However the new Top Cop in Bangalore has given instructions to the Police to not harass private vehicles.
So a cop can stop you only if some rule is broken.

But knowing the way things work in our country.
I will not count on it for long.

I have seen bikes from various states on Bangalore roads but it depends on your luck more than the rules about the duration of being to be able to avoid the cops. Also in my opinion, it is safe to by a Bangalore registered vehicle at Bangalore unless you have some very compelling reasons against it.

no point wasting your time. first you need to have a valid address for registration - unless of course you have a home in Pondy.
then, you will ride the bike in Bangalore if you are working and living here. you can keep bluffing to the cops about transfer etc for a year. this is in the first place, inconvenient and irritating if you have to do it on a regular basis.
once your 1 year grace period is up, you will be a sitting target for all cops etc.
For peace of mind, just pay the premium and buy it in Bangalore, register it here and enjoy the bike.
All these short-cuts are a waste of time - the so called gain in terms of taxes is more than obviated by the pain one has to go through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1449547)
... All these short-cuts are a waste of time - the so called gain in terms of taxes is more than obviated by the pain one has to go through!

Absolutely! And this is the only reason why I paid 1.88 laks as road tax and brought the vehicle in Bangalore itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1449886)
Absolutely! And this is the only reason why I paid 1.88 laks as road tax and brought the vehicle in Bangalore itself.

Please correct me if I am wrong , but you paid 1.88 lakhs as road tax for a Bullet.?:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP_812 (Post 1496226)
Please correct me if I am wrong , but you paid 1.88 lakhs as road tax for a Bullet.?:Shockked:

Yeah he bought it from a Sheikh. Its made of solid gold and the ex showroom price was about a million odd rupees.

PS: He is talking about his Safari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1496245)
... PS: He is talking about his Safari.

Thanks SpitFire!

Yes, the Safari it is.