Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 10:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well hope to see that the problem is solved.One more thing try and change the plug and see.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:06   #17
RVD
BHPian

@Rajatmakar : I do live close to Hebbal. Between Hebbal and Sanjaynagar. ill leave the bike at Gurunandan's Garage and see how it goes.

@Indrojitsrikar: Thanks for the wishes . I have changed the plugs to no effect.

Regards

Rahul
Old 27th October 2009, 09:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on your Machismo? Is it well and running?
Old 4th November 2009, 23:45   #19
RVD
BHPian

@GORDON :The bike is not doing all that great. The starting problem is gone but the bike now chokes( as if falling into reserve ) while driving. Just not the same as it used to be..
Old 6th November 2009, 10:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Please check the following:
- clean carb
- clean air filter
- check spark plug
- check carb manifold for wear & tear
- check relay
- check with another CDI unit
- check wiring from alternator
- check alternator coils
Old 14th November 2009, 01:21   #21
RVD
BHPian

@GORDON : point numbers 1-6 have already been checked. Will Definitely check the other two options.

The initial problem was that the small hole next to the butterfly valve inside of the carb ( not sure what it is called ) which I think is a part of the main jet was clogged. Since that was cleaned, the starting problem disappeared .

Today, when I started the bike at night when it was quite outside, I realized that there is a sound from the bike similar to how it sounds when a tyre is deflated, each time I kick. Was in a hurry so just put the bike back. Will check the source tomorrow but it looked to be from the carb manifold area. I guess that could be the problem after all.

Ps: Thanks for your help Gordon
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:50   #22
RVD
BHPian

Its been a while since I updates the thread so thought of doing the same. Lots has changed since I last posted. The starting problem has vanished. The problem was identified to faulty Stator coils of the alternator due to which the bike would swith off when an electrical load was applied. Changed the coild and the problem was sorted out.\

Now a new problem has emerged . The gearing has become hard. The upshift is ok but the downshifting is a nightmare. The bike does not fall into neutral unless the engine is turned off. What could be the cause ?

Also, I have now put a single seat on the bike. I quite like it but the ride has become a little harsh. I would like to add 2 inches of spring on the existing set up to give me a more upright riding position and also to dampen the bumps to an extent. Is it possible to add springs to the existing set up ?

I have also added Goldstar ( Replica ) silenser and being free flow, the sound is a little too loud for my liking. The thump is good at idle but I would like to dampen the sound a bit. Is it possible to insert some glass wool into the silenser. If so,where can I get the glass wool from ?

Do I need to upjet now that I have a Goldie ??
Attached Thumbnails
Starting Problem on a Bullet Machismo-bike-1.jpg  

Starting Problem on a Bullet Machismo-bike-2.jpg  

Starting Problem on a Bullet Machismo-bike-3.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 01:21   #23
RVD
BHPian

Guys!! So many RE experts here and no replies. I really need your help especially with the upjetting. I have started to see some light brownish lines appear at the end of the bend pipe ( where the heat shield is). Not sure if this is because of running the bike lean. Please help.

Regards

Rahul
Old 31st March 2010, 10:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Now a new problem has emerged . The gearing has become hard. The upshift is ok but the downshifting is a nightmare. The bike does not fall into neutral unless the engine is turned off. What could be the cause ?

Also, I have now put a single seat on the bike. I quite like it but the ride has become a little harsh. I would like to add 2 inches of spring on the existing set up to give me a more upright riding position and also to dampen the bumps to an extent. Is it possible to add springs to the existing set up ?

I have also added Goldstar ( Replica ) silenser and being free flow, the sound is a little too loud for my liking. The thump is good at idle but I would like to dampen the sound a bit. Is it possible to insert some glass wool into the silenser. If so,where can I get the glass wool from ?

Do I need to upjet now that I have a Goldie ??
@RVD: I am not an expert.. but I have gone through similar issues, so here are my 2 cents.

The problem with the gear being hard may be as simple as adjusting the clutch cable - the clutch may not be engaging correctly. Tighten the clutch adjuster near the left handle and see if the issue improves or goes away. The clutch will be harder to apply, but you need to get used to it. If this does not fix the problem you may want to get the clutch mechanism examined.

I have a seat similar to yours and have thought about putting springs, but not sure where I can get them either. I have also thought about putting rubber bushes to give better dampning effect.

Sorry, I don't know where you can source the glass wool silencer. But, you have to upjet only if you have changed your air filter also along with the goldie exhaust. If there is no increase in air intake your jet may be fine. Do you have any other symptoms of running lean? such as pops when you suddenly release your throttle lever? or your spark plug seems too light? Did you get a goldie only for the sound or do you have plans of getting a better filter to improve your performance?

I too have a CJ3B and an LB500 - maybe we have hook-up sometime since you live close to the Hebbal area!

Last edited by gbanavar : 31st March 2010 at 10:27.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:17   #25
RVD
BHPian

@ganesh: There are no popping sound generally but it does occur on rare occations. The thing is that, I dnt retard the throttle abruptly so have not noticed yet. Will check to see.

Actually, I just added the goldie because my brother in law, who sold his bike had this unused and I just thought of adding it on as a DIY. It sounds pretty neat and the top end has definitely increased ( or at least it reaches the top speed without much fuss). No plans as yet to add a Preformance filter. Definitely at a later date.

BTW, we have met earlier during an OTR, if you remember. It was the sarjapur OTR and I had come with my white CJ500. It would be nice to meet up though.

Regards

Rahul
Old 1st April 2010, 08:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
It sounds pretty neat and the top end has definitely increased ( or at least it reaches the top speed without much fuss). No plans as yet to add a Preformance filter. Definitely at a later date.

BTW, we have met earlier during an OTR, if you remember. It was the sarjapur OTR and I had come with my white CJ500. It would be nice to meet up though.
Hi Rahul,

Shucks, how could I forget! Your handle and profile picture looked familiar - do you have a functional 4X4 now? Are you planning to go to the Bidaraguppe OTR this Sunday? I am planning on being there.

If you had not removed the catalytic converter previously on your stock exhaust pipe, adding the goldie will definitely seem much smoother and you will have more power. This means that the exhaust is no longer restricted and the engine is breathing better.

But, it is not taking in more air since you have retained the stock air filter. So, your jetting is probably fine as you have not altered your "fuel:air" ratio. What size jets do you have currently?

It is known that the factory settings are always lean to meet emission requirements. If you want to get more into DIY stuff, you can check the jet sizes you have and try going up a size to see if it will make a difference in ride quality. You can do a "plug chop" to evaluate the spark plug condition, although I have never followed the proper method for a plug chop.

Once you touch the carb it can get tricky with the settings and the trial and error you have to go through. But it will be a pleasure to ride after you get your setting right.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:20   #27
RVD
BHPian

Hi Ganesh,

No plans to attend the Sunday OTR as unfortunately I am not in station. Also, don't have a fuctional 4*4 yet as the money was deviated to buying a JAWA.Will definitely get it done in the near future.

Actually, I am not sure of the present jet size. My guess is 105 main jet. How can I check the same ? My owner's manual is kinda screwed as it got wet one day and pages are all stuck together.

Also, what is a plug chop ? Heard of this before but have no clue as to what it means.

You know what ? since we live close by, maybe we could meet one of these days. Just bumped into one of your threads of sunday ride. Maybe we could do that some time.

Regards

Rahul
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Stock jet is good for Goldstar, it just needs proper adjustment. If not, go one size larger.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Also, don't have a fuctional 4*4 yet as the money was deviated to buying a JAWA.

Actually, I am not sure of the present jet size. My guess is 105 main jet. How can I check the same ?

Also, what is a plug chop ? Heard of this before but have no clue as to what it means.

Just bumped into one of your threads of sunday ride. Maybe we could do that some time.
Woot!! I would definitely like to check out your JAWA - that is cool!

The manual does not give you any details.. you might as well throw it out the window. It is real easy to check your jet sizes, we will do it when we meet.

Just google plug chop and you get all kinds of info. here is one of the links I found What is a "Plug Chop"?????? - FAQ - All - Hondachopper.com CB750 SOHC Discussion Board - Message Board Yuku. Like I said, I have not done a true plug chop myself, but intend to do one soon.

Would be great if you could join us one of these Sundays. Last Sunday, Rushi, Vimal and I went up to Chikaballapur, had breakfast, rode up Nandi Hills, went to Doddaballapur and back. We left at 7:00 and were back by 11:30 or so. It was good fun.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Stock jet is good for Goldstar, it just needs proper adjustment. If not, go one size larger.
Nope, it isn't good enough if you do high speeds regularly.

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks