Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:47   #16
BHPian

GOOD LORD!!! are there any other air filters out there which dont give me such troubles?? how about the kerala based tuning firm PETES ?? are their air filters any better compared to k&n's ???
Old 4th September 2009, 03:40   #17
BHPian

Bivin: I am sorry I think we forgot one more thing. K&N maybe be really good when compared to our OEMs air filters. I am talking about the quality here, who knows we have haven't compared both as such.

Pete's market Green air filters, I dont think they make their own. K&N is a well known brand.
Old 5th September 2009, 13:13   #18
BHPian

I have a K&N on my 180 V1, Power loss after 7000rpm, it does not run like it did earlier. Makes a lot of noise.
Solution?
Old 5th September 2009, 16:21   #19
BHPian

The noise which you hear is the induction noise/suction through the manifold. A free flowing filter will make the mixture leaner.. which is not good , as a leaner mixture will heat up the engine.For maximum power, the air/fuel ratio should be about 12.8:1 to 12.9:1. If the mixture is richer than this, then power drops off and the cylinders become "washed" with excessive, unburned fuel. With the right mixture some of the heat is absorbed by the fuel in the mixture,but when its a lean mixture all the fuel is burnt up with the surplus amount of oxygen present in the excess air, causing you to run hotter. If anybody has used a free flowing filter without proper jetting may have observed the increased ticking of engine when stopped.

doctorque
get it rejetted if you already have experiment with different jets..the noise your are mentioning about please provide more details to help us understand if it induction noise or ticking of the engine when stopped

regards
motorpsycho
Old 9th December 2011, 02:48   #20
BHPian

K&N Stock replacement for Pulsar (BA-2201) - Has anyone tried it?

Was searching the threads for K&N Filters for pulsar and came across this. K&N has launched stock replacement filters for Pulsars(from 2006 models) some three months back. Surprised to see the bike listed in their official site!.
The cost is around Rs.26xx and seems to be a direct fit for pulsars without any mods (Read cutting the air box).
Has anyone used these? Any initial feedbacks?
Do I need to resize the jets and adjust carb settings?. Would like to know any reliable mechs in Chennai.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:09   #21
SMK
BHPian

Re: K&N Stock replacement for Pulsar (BA-2201) - Has anyone tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Was searching the threads for K&N Filters for pulsar and came across this. K&N has launched stock replacement filters for Pulsars(from 2006 models) some three months back. Surprised to see the bike listed in their official site!.
The cost is around Rs.26xx and seems to be a direct fit for pulsars without any mods (Read cutting the air box).
Has anyone used these? Any initial feedbacks?
Do I need to resize the jets and adjust carb settings?. Would like to know any reliable mechs in Chennai.
I have been blessed with awesome power and pickup after replacing the stock filter(read sponge sheet) with the stock K&N filter (BA-2201) on my Pulsar 180 - 2010 model. Did a DIY yesterday and now the power and pickup has bumped to all new level soo much so that it scared me .

Positives:
1. More power and pickup at the flick of the throttle
2. Smoother sounding engine
3. Effortless overtaking
Negatives:
1. It costs a bomb! - Rs.2990(Got it from the official dealer of K&N filters Methode Automotives, Bangalore)
2. Getting used to that little bit extra power needs some time

I am not sure on the impact of mileage since i have fitted it yesterday. Will keep a check and update the thread accordingly.
SMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 22:01   #22
BHPian

Re: K&N Filter on Pulsar 180 - few doubts

Guys, my friend got a P220 and is looking forward to K&N Filter. The bike has done 3K KMS. Is it safe to upgrade the filter at this mileage or should he wait until he clocks some more on the odo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks