Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:45   #1
BHPian

changing the seat on re avl500 lb

hello friends,
i want to change the seat on my re 500avl lb to the one which they have on latest thunderbird, now i know this will involve a lot of mods like changing the rear mudguard and rear mudguard stays and buying a new seat and a new rear mudguard and new stays or the clamps which they use on the latest tbts as a substitute for rear mudguard stays( kamanis), all i want to know that whether its possible to do such a mod or not and has anyone tried it till now, my reason for doing this is lowerig the bike height a bit, i strictly do not want to change the tyres or rims or anything, just the seat as right now im falling about 2 inches short i guess,anyway please help fellow bulleteers because bach here i will have to buy stuff before i can actually mount it on the bike and once i buy there is no coming back from there, so i dont want to waste my hard earned money and have turned up to u guys for help.
regards makanaka
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:00   #2
BHPian

Go to post # 299 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...please-20.html and you will find the mods you are talking about.

But are you sure you want to do something like that on a 500lb? Because it might just kill the looks completely.

Last edited by mantrig : 2nd September 2009 at 22:03. Reason: Hyperlink Issues
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
hello friends,
i want to change the seat on my re 500avl lb to the one which they have on latest thunderbird, now i know this will involve a lot of mods like changing the rear mudguard and rear mudguard stays and buying a new seat and a new rear mudguard and new stays or the clamps which they use on the latest tbts as a substitute for rear mudguard stays( kamanis), all i want to know that whether its possible to do such a mod or not and has anyone tried it till now, my reason for doing this is lowerig the bike height a bit, i strictly do not want to change the tyres or rims or anything, just the seat as right now im falling about 2 inches short i guess,anyway please help fellow bulleteers because bach here i will have to buy stuff before i can actually mount it on the bike and once i buy there is no coming back from there, so i dont want to waste my hard earned money and have turned up to u guys for help.
regards makanaka
Get yourself lower saddle seats man. Easiest way.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 9th September 2009, 22:53   #4
BHPian

Jay - where in Bangalore?
Old 9th September 2009, 23:27   #5
BHPian

makanaka : From Dehradun ? Cool. Hey have you tried Salim on Haridwar road, My friend just got his 500CI seats chaged to TB's . I will try to get his contact for that.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Jay - where in Bangalore?
You have a PM.

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks