Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 14:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
At 57k do test the Honda Stunner &/or the Shine(amazing torque)
+1 to that. Since you are going to decide by today, try and have a test ride of the stunner/shine as well!!
Old 16th September 2009, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+1 to that. Since you are going to decide by today, try and have a test ride of the stunner/shine as well!!
I abhinav, I shall test drive both the honda bikes and provide the feedback by today.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Ride control switch (for better fuel economy). Again I do not know if this would be a real +ve, but Bajaj claims it would stretch the bike by a sizable few KMs. Arun
It is only a gimmick, IMHO - I have used CT100 which was fitted with this switch for over 20000 kms. It is a sort of control which will make the accelerator slightly harder to turn - upto a point, after which it will function normally. The idea is to make the rider aware that as long as he is smooth on twisting the accelerator and limits it to this range, the economy will improve. I didn't see much of an improvement in economy with the switch either on or off. May be my driving style does not suit the switch!
Old 16th September 2009, 16:36   #34
BHPian

prabhu, my guess is also the same. It should some sort of a gimmick to lure the buyers to think that they can get xtra miles out of the bike.

I will test drive the other bikes (stunner/shine). But all Honda bikes have a minimum waiting period of 1 month. This puts be in the backfoot since I do not have a vehicle to drive right now.

I have already sold my bike just because I was getting a better offer (16k as against the 14k quoted by others).

Let me try to push things and decide on which Bike I would buy.
Old 16th September 2009, 18:54   #35

Today I checked out Yamaha FZ, HH CBZX, & P180.

HH is ruled out. Noone to entertain enquiries. Kept waiting for 15-20 minutes after asking for assistance at the reception. Seems no body bothered about it. So left immediately. Cost price: ~68-69k On road.

FZ looks solid though. Apart from fine aesthetics & looks, it delivers good grip on road as well as acceleration. I could easily slice through traffic & gear down as needed. Few cons as well: Horn is hilarious. With such a macho built, the default horn is a pity. Also, the pillion rider seat is not too comfy. FZ has side bars on both the sides & on my second trip at the back, these kept me off from sitting normally. Plus, the seat certainly is small for anyone sitting behind, be it one in sari or denims. Certainly for bachelors as the target audience, who have their girls vying to have an interesting ride! A quick brake & your girl is on you.
Cost: ~75k On Road.

Next, meeting with P180. Though this was on the last of my list, it surely made its way up by now. Smooth driving, broad seating both for the driver & the pillion rider. Horn matches the tempo of the strong P180. One new thing I noticed is the driving handle bar of 2009 Edition. It's different from other previous models as it has been built streamlined to your shoulder & grip. I mean unlike previous one, it looked more aligned to your gripping dynamics & didn't seem to tire the arms. P200 is off now. The current P180 engine is coming with the model of P200 as they informed me. Infact, I saw a P200 & P180 & there wasn't any noticeable difference in the model/style of the machine. Cost: ~72k On Road.
There's still a waiting period for P180, around a week or so. Heard that one customer has been waiting for 15-20 days after making full payment. So unless the stock is replenished, I am going to watch & get more reviews to see if P180 / FZ is worth it.

Looking at MutantX's comment & desperation to sell off his P180, I am getting a little skeptical though.

Best Regards.
Old 16th September 2009, 20:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

The P180 now sports clip-on handle bars which are the same ones from the P220

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th November 2009 at 12:15.
Old 11th November 2009, 21:53   #37
BHPian

Any updates on this thread? I am also looking to replace my March 2003 Caliber 115 which has done >85k kms. The bike returns 50+ mileage. The only thing that bothers me is the pinhole leaks in the tank which have been fixed with Mseal.

My daily travel is about 65kms (40 on highway, 25 in city). Durability and Comfort are of utmost importance to me.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have checked out all the bikes in this thread and then some. My vote goes to the Suzuki GS 150-R. Test ride it and you will agree.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:15   #39
BHPian

I would like to suggest Unicorn for the following reasons:

1. Very smooth engine.
2. The best suspension so far on any Indian motorcycle.
3. Riding position - pure commuting stance.
4. Honda Service.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Do you wanta 150 cc segment bike or below (for more mileage as your riding is more)?

In 150 CC, following options

- Hunk
- Unicorn
- GS150R

Below 150 cc

- Honda Shine
- TVS Flame (not sure how good or bad it is)
- Discover 135 DTSi
- XCD 125 DTS-Si

I wont suggest Stunner as it essentially a shine with extra gear & lots o f extra money. So unless you want both style & sub 150cc features it makes no sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks