Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:49   #1

New Mahindra Flyte worth?

Hi Team BHP

Can you please let me know if going for a new Mahindra Flyte is a good option? The guy promises he can deliver in 2d which is now causing some kind of suspision.

1. Is the "NEW" Mahindra Flyte worth. The dealer claims after Nov 2008 i.e after Mahindra took over, most problems that Kinetic was facing are now gone. I took a test ride and is really fantastic.

I also evaluated TVS Scooty Pep+ and Suzuki Access 125. Would drop the later, because of the weight.(Note, that this is for my wife).
Is an investment of 44K a decent one for Flyte?
How is it better when compared to TVS Scooty Pep +?

I live in Bangalore. Any good dealers and experiences Team? Please throw some light

Arun
Old 24th September 2009, 10:52   #2
BHPian

Isnt Mahindra Flyte same as the old Kinetic Nova? It should certainly be better than the Scooty (because of engine capacity) & would matter when you are riding with 2 people. I thought Suzuki Access too is light & hence we went for an Honda Activa recently. Even though slightly heavier, Access would make a better option I believe (and another Rs 7-8k more expensive?).

Dealer & experience (with major dealers) would be pretty much the same in my opinion. Look out for the one closer to your home as you would be going there now & then later (service etc) and that would help.

Ask out for offers for the festival season & try to get those accessories (flaps, mats, covers, safety grille etc) for free atleast (am not sure if they charge for that).
Old 24th September 2009, 13:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Isnt Mahindra Flyte same as the old Kinetic Nova? It should certainly be better than the Scooty (because of engine capacity) & would matter when you are riding with 2 people. I thought Suzuki Access too is light & hence we went for an Honda Activa recently. Even though slightly heavier, Access would make a better option I believe (and another Rs 7-8k more expensive?).

Dealer & experience (with major dealers) would be pretty much the same in my opinion. Look out for the one closer to your home as you would be going there now & then later (service etc) and that would help.

Ask out for offers for the festival season & try to get those accessories (flaps, mats, covers, safety grille etc) for free atleast (am not sure if they charge for that).
You are mistaken, Flyte is a totally different scoot compared to the Nova.
IIRC flyte is a product of a Korean brand called Sym which has/had a tie up with Kinetic.

It has a 125cc engine.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:34   #4
BHPian

Arun!!

If you're looking a Scoot for your Wife, this is the Best.

The Dealer near Windsor Manor - CVS is good, since I bought one from there. You can PM me your Phone No. if you need any other information.

For me NO Vehicle is Perfect, you've to choose as per your requirement and not as per the resale value. And believe me, I Chose Flyte over Suzuki Access as per the advice of my Good Friend who is a Dealer of Suzuki Motor Cycle. His advice was simple - Buy a Scooter which your Wife is comfortable to drive. And don't force on her your decision.

My Wife took test drive of Scooty Pep+, Suzuki Access, Activa, Dio and Aviator and Flyte. She was very happy with Scooty, because she keeps driving one belonging to her cousins. Then the next choice was Flyte. She was not happy with other Scoots because of Weight and height problems.

I chose Flyte over Scooty because of technical reasons like 125 CC (So that we both can ride with a pillion), Telescopic Suspension, Large understorage, Front Fuel Filler etc., Today after 18 months, she's very much happy with my decision. Now she's not comfortable driving Scooty Pep because in her terminology, she says she has to push the Pep, while Flyte takes you forward - meaning the pick up is good.

I thought of selling the Scooter after about 9 months, since it was underutilised, but she insisted not to sell, since she's very much comfortable with the Scoot. I'd a Honda Activa for 4 years, and she just drove twice or thrice, and now she's doing all the chores independently.

Now the negative points of Flyte :- The overall quality of the Flyte is not upto the mark of Honda Activa. But these can be ignored, since you've got an excellant Engine, Excellant Suspension (Now I get back pain if I ride Activa). Ride quality is good.
I'm getting about 35 Kmpl of Milaege, but other users have told that they are getting in between 40-45 kmpl. Still you save a lot compared to travelling in Auto's.

And this product is from Sym Flyte and Kinetic has got nothing to do with this product. They were only marketing and servicing this Vehicle.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
...Buy a Scooter which your Wife is comfortable to drive. And don't force on her your decision.
+1 to that. Did the same thing when we had to buy a scoot for my wife. Let her test the Dio, Activa, Flyte and Scooty. We had ruled out Access from the list as the waiting period was too high at that time. She was comfortable with dio and scooty. Opted for Dio.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:30   #6

Thanks jaaz and Abhinav for your responses. I would probably settle with flyte as it had an excellent pickup and other good features, and no need of "push" unlike the Pep.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

We have like a 100 page thread called 'Gearless Scooter Thread'. There are 100s of scooter reviews there. Go take a look.

CLOSED
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks