Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, this bike comes with dual heallamp set up. Both are dual filament HS1 35/35W. Now can you answer my following questions :

1) At low beam which bulb lights up ?
a) Right low beam filament.
b) Left bulb low beam filament.
c) Both, right and left low beam filament light up.

2) In case of high beam :
a) Right high beam filament lights up.
b) Left high beam filament lights up.
c) Both.

Or is it that one is for low beam and other is for high beam ? Do both work together, for eg., you switch on low beam, one bulb turns up, next when you switch high beam bulb one remains on with low beam and along with it, another bulb turns up for high beam ?
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or is it that one is for low beam and other is for high beam ?
Yes That's how it has been set up. They work together only if you are on low beam & you pull pass switch.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes That's how it has been set up. They work together only if you are on low beam & you pull pass switch.
I am still not clear, I am sorry for that, but doubt remains.

In low beam, one bulb operates. In high beam, the other bulb starts, but the bulb that started with low beam remains ON or OFF ?
So my question in other words is :
When high beam is ON, only one bulb is operational or both the bulbs are operational ?
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

In low beam, one bulb operates. In high beam, the other bulb starts, but the bulb that started with low beam remains ON or OFF ?
When high beam is ON, only one bulb is operational or both the bulbs are operational ?
As per what I have understood :-

1. Only one bulb operates at one time, i.e. One bulb is dedicated to the Low Beam & the other is dedicated to the High Beam.

2. Only under the situation where you are riding on Low beam and you happen to pull the pass switch both the lights will be working. (If you are riding on high beam already and use the pass switch both bulbs wont light up)

Hope I was clear and also hoping I am correct. As I am just trying to explain what I have understood as per Technocrat's post.

Regards,
Mantri G.

Last edited by mantrig : 22nd September 2009 at 20:04. Reason: Minor corrections
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
No No its still a metal plate, I meant having a sticker stuck on the glass
Quote:
Why would that be, if its on the mud guard then they might object but no where does the law mandates having a separate plate for the number plate. There are so many Activa's plying with such number stickers.

My ZMA had sticker on mud guard & I was not questioned even once.
Sir, let me be on the right side of the law atleast by having a plate. as Gansan had mentioned, ideally, it should be painted as per prevailing rules, but most of us opt for stickers since we can have choice of various fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@Mysticeyes:

The red Fazer looks stunning. Congrats and happy riding. BTW I can see that your partly uncovered car is red too! So you wanted to match the colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
@Mysticeyes:

That is one real cool looking bike. Your patience has paid off and how!!

Enjoy driving and update us with your experiences. Some more pics would be welcome.

PS: Are you a Ferrari fan? Insistence on Red Colour and the keychain?

Thank you Gansan & Raj. the car under the wrap is not red, but its a tangerine orange fabia I would upload more pics along with an initial report, tho I'm not an expert

Personally, i liked red the most on fazer. black & blue felt bit subdued, orange was too much flashy for a bike a. plus, my car being orange in color, i wanted a difference and opted for red.

Bit OT - ofcourse, I'm a ferrari fan. but when mika was around in mclaren, the mclaren-ferrari was 51%-49% in my mind. then with kimi in mclaren, it was 40-60, and when kimi moved to ferrari, it turned 100% for ferrari. but deep inside, i love the mika-schumi battles. the keychain was gifted to me by a friend who is a die-hard ferrari fan

Quote:
IIRC, this bike comes with dual heallamp set up. Both are dual filament HS1 35/35W. Now can you answer my following questions :

1) At low beam which bulb lights up ?
a) Right low beam filament.
b) Left bulb low beam filament.
c) Both, right and left low beam filament light up.

2) In case of high beam :
a) Right high beam filament lights up.
b) Left high beam filament lights up.
c) Both.

Or is it that one is for low beam and other is for high beam ? Do both work together, for eg., you switch on low beam, one bulb turns up, next when you switch high beam bulb one remains on with low beam and along with it, another bulb turns up for high beam ?
Quote:

in low beam, only the left bulb operate. in high beam, only the right bulb operate. however, if you keep the hi/lo switch in mid-position, both bulbs would work simultaneously. in low beam, you can operate the right bulb by using the pass/flash button. but the left bulb won't operate if you use the pass button while in "high" mode.
Old 23rd September 2009, 02:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Hows the wind protection at high speed. Is it really a good touring bike?

Careful with the metal keychain as it tends to stratch the paint on the triple clamp. I swiched to leather.
Old 23rd September 2009, 02:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cool Bike.Yamaha has also brought out a Limited edition in Fazer which is white and bluein colour.Its looks really nice.
Old 23rd September 2009, 02:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fazer is one haute looker

wish it had more horses
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Fazer look hot in red! congrats man. I do not understand one thing, I have seen only one fazer on Bangalore roads till today. Is there any production related issues in Yamaha?

and that Ferrari key chain looks cool!!!
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

With great patience come great machines. He he. The number plate is an eye sore.
When I saw the Fazer review on one of the channels, the dude had only one headlamp on. I thought of it as a niggle, but both lamps do have a purpose as I read.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Imo this is the best looking bike made and sold in the country. I wish it had a few more CCs and horses.

Congrats Mysticeyes.

As for the registration number plate, opt for the highsecurity number plates in lieu of the current set. It will look good and it's legal.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:23   #27
BHPian

Welcome to the Club,

The fazer is a looker in any colour and RED does complete justice to the Bike. Great choice my friend. But for me the BLACKS always Beautiful. Will surely post picks of my bike this weekend.

Bit OT - ofcourse, I'm a ferrari fan. but when mika was around in mclaren, the mclaren-ferrari was 51%-49% in my mind. then with kimi in mclaren, it was 40-60, and when kimi moved to ferrari, it turned 100% for ferrari. but deep inside, i love the mika-schumi battles. the keychain was gifted to me by a friend who is a die-hard ferrari fan

Nice to know you to are a Ferrari Fan, the only diference with me is that Ferrari rules and the drivers come n go. (From Schumi to Mika to Massa to Nico & Sutil)

in low beam, only the left bulb operate. in high beam, only the right bulb operate. however, if you keep the hi/lo switch in mid-position, both bulbs would work simultaneously. in low beam, you can operate the right bulb by using the pass/flash button. but the left bulb won't operate if you use the pass button while in "high" mode.[/quote]

Hey i agree that one bulb works at one time only when we use Pass/Flash button does both work together. I tried keeping the hi/lo switch in mid-position but it doesnt work. Check it out dude.
but i have seen a frazer in bangalore which has been modified to both the bulps to work together on Low beam and only the right one works on high Beam.

Last edited by rajchetan : 23rd September 2009 at 17:24. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 24th September 2009, 17:24   #28
BHPian

The distance covered is still low thanks to various conditions but still, i felt that a few more horses could've made the bike more enjoyable. however the engine is very refined and the power delivery is very smooth even while picking up from a slow moving traffic.

I'm planning to change the number plates soon. its a very tricky method to keep the hi-lo switch in mid position. I've mastered the same and both the bulbs work But I'm bit worried about the load it can take and hence don't ride with the switch in mid.

As for the delay, I heard that the waiting is more than 60 days in Chennai. Red seems to've the most waiting
Old 24th September 2009, 18:37   #29
BHPian

@Mysticeyes : Congrats on your ride! The fazer looks real good in red.

My friend has bought a fazer and he has installed a relay for the headlights so that they work simultaneously. He said that the relay used was actually meant for a car.

OT: The house and the garden looks real cool. Can we have more pictures of tha same .
Old 25th September 2009, 13:45   #30
BHPian

thank you fast elegance. from the rides so far, i feel that the suspension is bit on the hard side, especially when you are in front. at times, we can feel the bad stretches, which can be quite uncomfortable. guess its the same case from the RX 100 days onwards..yamaha won't be yamaha if the suspension character changes

fazer is turning out to be a very good city bike rather than a tourer. the lack of horses is felt clearly in long rides. but its negated by the ease of drive in the tight city rides. the bike would go where we want and feels really in our control. its the "feedback" as in the case of the steering feedback from fabia or punto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks