Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 01:53   #166
Senior - BHPian

No changes on the exhaust?? Please note its K&N and not KNN. How much did the boring cost? What is the size of the piston now?
What is the current output in BHP and what top speed can you achieve?
Old 28th April 2006, 12:21   #167

hey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
hey guyz my old bike i m missing it a lot man
hey dude i did see ur bike,looks amazing,where can i get it done the same way, how much will it cost me, i stay at kandivli, any place i can get it done, i gotta do it real quick buddy, want to chng the enntire look of the bike alongwith the entire KIT, handle ,both tyres with mags (wider ones or the widest)and some goood acessories plz help me where can i get all these things ...plz advice me wot brand to get for all tht i want approx hw much will it cost nd plz help me out asap as i would like to start the wrk tomorrow itself...plzzzzz dude
Old 28th April 2006, 13:49   #168
Senior - BHPian

tyres see i have not changed the front onethe rear tyre will cost you around 2200-2500 its a Elimitinators the kit will cost some what like this front kit off karizma 1600 the inside cover around 500head light 1200cowl 1500tail light 700mono shocks 1500mono assembly 2500K&N 2000NGK Platinum Plug 300 (not sure)power cord 250Paint 5000Stickers 500handle 400Silencer 2000 (in my bike i had two)silencer pipe 700Grips 400front Mudguard 500fabrication for everytihng 3000 it comes around 22750 but keep 25000 in your mind Plus MAG wheels and Front Tyer

Last edited by pdev29 : 28th April 2006 at 14:05.
Old 28th April 2006, 14:06   #169

hey dude

thanks for the info dude....but where will i b able to do pick up all these stuff from u know any place nearby, i wud also like to put double silencers and some beatiful mags help me on tht.,,,,,also can i call u nd spk to u.
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:28   #170

To
mail4ajo vbmenu_register("postmenu_217766", true);
BHPian

no i dont have any exhaust mods for everyday use, but i do have a drag prepared custom freeflow end can. it is bored to 1 mm. didnt get a dyno, so cant get the exact figures out, though its quite fast enuf to beat d hell oot of karizmas in evry gear. i mean initial to top-end. still the top end has obvioysly gone down as i have put the new pulsar 180's 44 teeth rear sprocket. with 42 teeth it used to do top speeds of arnd 125-130 accuretly n 135+ on the speedo. no it does 120 accurately but quite quick than before. boring costed me 1500 bucks with the piston and labour.
Old 5th May 2006, 10:52   #171
BHPian

As simple as it gets

Well, my bike not so modified n macho! But its better then simple. I took dis pic from my cell, so not so gud quality.
Wat say?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/29173.jpg
Old 5th May 2006, 11:15   #172
BHPian

Nice bike cowboy. are those indicators in your mirrors? noteed you have painted your exhaust black. an all balck engine will look cool.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfreak
Nice bike cowboy. are those indicators in your mirrors? noteed you have painted your exhaust black. an all balck engine will look cool.
Well, yes buddy those indicators are in rearview mirrors. The mirror indicators have 2 bulbs red and orange. Yes, u rite I painted the silencer with my hands and the rims too!! I remember it took 3 hours to fine paint those rims. And then after 2 days my friend got it done on his bike with red rim stickers!! But, my paint is far durable coz I used good mixture of paint n thinner. And the sticker on my friends rim has started to peeloff.

Well, m still afraid to open the chamber n engine covers for a paint job. My Bike is not even one year old! Anyway, paint on engine wont last long coz of heat. Ive seen many 180s where the original BAL powder coated engines r now peelinoff coz of heat.
Old 5th May 2006, 22:00   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45
Well, yes buddy those indicators are in rearview mirrors. The mirror indicators have 2 bulbs red and orange. Yes, u rite I painted the silencer with my hands and the rims too!! I remember it took 3 hours to fine paint those rims. And then after 2 days my friend got it done on his bike with red rim stickers!! But, my paint is far durable coz I used good mixture of paint n thinner. And the sticker on my friends rim has started to peeloff.

Well, m still afraid to open the chamber n engine covers for a paint job. My Bike is not even one year old! Anyway, paint on engine wont last long coz of heat. Ive seen many 180s where the original BAL powder coated engines r now peelinoff coz of heat.
U should try the powder coat of wht the mech's do. It has to be done two to three times to have a nice finish n look, n also as ur sayin "heat" , the coat has been there in a friends bike, its neraly 1 yr since the coat has been done.
It all depends whethere the person has done it properly.
Old 6th May 2006, 12:31   #175
Senior - BHPian

I have a suggestion, cowboy45. Remove that engine cover and it will look much better. The idea of colour-coded wheels is good.
Old 6th May 2006, 15:04   #176
BHPian

Pardon me for asking a few questions in photo thread but since this thread attracts maximum no. of reponses I think I should clear my few queries here only.
1) Litting two 45watt fog-lamps with AC magneto on stock coil of Pulsar150 ES have any side affetcts on coil, magneto, Regulator etc in long run?
A road side Auto electrician says wont affect much coz stock coil generates 70watt power which is regulated by a Regulator to give 35watt output. So no need of extra coil winding. Also, he says probability that extra coiling comes always accurate are always low. He added that he can remove the regulator and the coil will circulate maximum power but at the risk of fusing all the bulbs.
I dont want DC connection to fog-lamps. it drains battery too much. I myself fully satisfied with the brightness of lamps.
Please clear my query. Is coil being affected? What are the SAFE alternative solutions.

2) Are there any third party magneto-coils avaliable which have 60watt output as standard?

3) Will fitting a sports bike exhaust have any affects on overall performance of bike?

Looking for suggested solutions and answers.
Thanks
Akhil

Last edited by cowboy45 : 6th May 2006 at 15:08.
Old 10th May 2006, 14:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45
Well, my bike not so modified n macho! But its better then simple. I took dis pic from my cell, so not so gud quality.
Wat say?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/29503.jpg
Either that pic taken from a camera is very bad or I don't know what to say, but frankly that bike as on now in that pic is looking like a girlie bike and a sissy too!

Sorry but that's how I feel!

Last edited by ArmourOfGod : 10th May 2006 at 14:09.
Old 13th May 2006, 06:39   #178

Need to know more about Pulsar modification

Hey guys I have a Yezdi D-250 Classic and a Pulsar 150. Can anyone give me information about a good mechanic for pulsar in Pune. I don't want to take my bike to a company service outlet as I don't trust them. The clutch has started to slip and it seems I need to get the clutch plates changed and I also hear clicking sound while engine is running at idle maybe it's from the valve timing chain. I can do all that my self but now that I am in Pune I don't have the tools available with me.Are there any performance air filters available? Does anybody know the difference between the sprokets of pulsar classic and new DTSi model?And guys you must know about turbocharger, once I read in an auto magazine to be precise I read it in Autoindia about a modification on Yamaha RXG in which this mechanic connected a fan at one of the ends of the flywheel shaft and he connected a pipe from one of the side chamber to the carb. hence whenever the engine was running the fan forced air into the carb. which improved the performance of the bike.I do not have a picture of Pulsar taken yet, but it's the same black colour with no modifications. I have a page for my other bike Yezdi. I restored it by myself.http://www.projectjawa.com/sapre.php
Old 15th May 2006, 15:56   #179

hey maverick,

if u can post which area u hav put up in Pune, i can possibly tel u good guy arnd it. cuz u know, how it works with these garage guys. . . so juz let me know wer u r puttin up.
in case u r puttin up near kondhwa, kalyaninagar, camp side, u can try Extreme machines in Kondhwa.owner is Fareez Bathena:98224 27209.
in Kothrud, chandani chowk, bavdhan, nal stop area u can try bike gurus. owner is Amjad.
in deccan, shivajinagar, aundh, pashan,sakalnagar, ganeshkhind Rd. area, u can try Anwar.

K&N Power filters are available at all darshan tyres outlets.

The new pulsar DTSI's front sprocket size is the same, while 2 teeth hav been added to the rear sprocket of the new DTSI Pulsars.
Old 21st May 2006, 14:45   #180

Thats my BLUEY After painting

hope u like the pics>>>>>

Last edited by BLUEY6242 : 21st May 2006 at 14:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks