Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 15:38   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
As it is the yamaha has depreciated 40% in a matter of 6months which Is pretty decent price off the onroad price of a new bike. Am not sure on the resale point of a duke so cannot comment much on that. However I have not closed this deal yet as am still contemplating buying this bike as I might no do even 20kms a week on this bike
Well lets see if this of any help, while searching for the Duke, I saw many brand new R15s listed for around 90K, I am not sure about the price difference between R15 and FZ26, but thought would be more helpful for you.

Do let us know how things unfold
Old 27th March 2018, 13:46   #722
BHPian

I want to buy a motorcycle in the 200-400 cc range since long. What would be a good buy? I have short listed the following-

1. Yamaha Fazer 25
2. Yamaha FZ 25
3. Bajaj Pulsar 220
4. Bajaj Dominar
4. Thunderbird 350 (used, 2015 model available at 82000/-)

I prefer a relaxed (tall gearing) ride, and drive on a slower side (up to 80 kph). What should I buy? Please guide.
Old 27th March 2018, 15:02   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I want to buy a motorcycle in the 200-400 cc range since long. What would be a good buy? I have short listed the following-

1. Yamaha Fazer 25
2. Yamaha FZ 25
3. Bajaj Pulsar 220
4. Bajaj Dominar
4. Thunderbird 350 (used, 2015 model available at 82000/-)

I prefer a relaxed (tall gearing) ride, and drive on a slower side (up to 80 kph). What should I buy? Please guide.
Yamaha Fazer or FZ 25 appear to be your best bets. You will get a decently priced FZ25 in the used market for sure. Fazer 25 came in more recently and hence you may not get too many options or the price difference might not be considerable between the new and the used. Bajaj siblings can be ignored in the used market due to known quality issues with Bajaj products after initial 2 years of purchase. Moreover Dominar I believe will be a waste of money and/or capabilities given your style of riding. Thunderbird 350 - completely different riding position than the rest. Would recommend to test ride it for a longer duration. You can either get it from a friend (if one has it) or rent it for a day to see if you are comfortable with the riding position and the weight of the bike. REs are also known to give maintenance issues after a few years of ownership so try to pick one that is a recent one and get it evaluated properly before buying.

But according to me, your best bet is the FZ 25 (from the given list). You could check out a used CBR 250 ABS as that would give you great quality and a very comfortable bike for long distance riding under 100 kmph. That is my personal favorite but since it wasn't listed in your list, I assume you are not happy with the riding posture.
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 11:45   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Bajaj siblings can be ignored in the used market due to known quality issues with Bajaj products after initial 2 years of purchase.Thunderbird 350 - completely different riding position than the rest.
But according to me, your best bet is the FZ 25 (from the given list). You could check out a used CBR 250 ABS as that would give you great quality and a very comfortable bike for long distance riding under 100 kmph.
I own an XCD since 11 years. Didn't have to face any major or untoward problem. But then again, I had purchased it anew, and it has been maintained and driven one hand. Given the way the Pulsars are driven around, it won't be prudence to buy a used Pulsar (or Bajaj). I agree with your opinion therefore, on used Bajaj. What about a new Bajaj?

I have driven a Thunderbird 350 for 2 days or 650 kilometres. The seating posture was exceptionally good, the torque was addictive, etc. But as you say, they're not reliable. Plus they're not value for money too. A used Thunderbird for a five figure price means an addition of works on it costing at five figure price. So no RE too.

Problem with FZ 25 is they are simply not seen on our roads. In the < 500 cc category, the roads here are filled with Pulsars, Apache & Co., the younger Yamahas, Bullets, etc. As with CBR, I love that bike too. In fact that was my first choice about an year back. But sadly it was discontinued at the time I step foot in the market. I would definitely search for one.
Old 1st April 2018, 12:45   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
.....What about a new Bajaj?

Problem with FZ 25 is they are simply not seen on our roads ....... As with CBR, I love that bike too. In fact that was my first choice about an year back. But sadly it was discontinued at the time I step foot in the market. I would definitely search for one.
Well the query was posted in a 'Used Bikes' thread and so I thought you are looking for a used one only. However, a new Bajaj would be fine if you will take care of it well. Plus a local mechanic can easily repair it I believe. But I do not like Pulsars for their lack of refinement. They are rough and vibrate a lot. Regarding a Dominar, it will be a waste of the capabilities of the bike in your case.

I see many FZ 25s listed on OLX is Mumbai/Thane/Pune areas and so if you could pick one from there, nothing like it. I agree they might be rare in your area. You should be able to pick one around 90-95K easily. Same holds for a well maintained CBR250. Look for bikes from these locations as there sales numbers in these areas are higher. Moreover, CBR has been relaunched again and so not need to worry about the model being discontinued. Look for one with ABS sure sure as I missed the ABS while I had my STD.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 17:26   #726
BANNED

I recently bought a Mahindra Mojo. It was a pre-loved machine, a year old with 3700 km on the clock.
I find the bike to be very stable, has excellent suspension, the road grip is good and the feel is of a large displacement motorcycle.
The riding posture is great too.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 13:54   #727
Senior - BHPian

Hello members,

What would be a good asking price for my August 2016 Yamaha R15 v2? It has done around 10k kms and is in excellent condition (stock sprockets, tyres, chain everything).

The bike has been used on open roads in Delhi NCR region and mileage has hovered around 45 kmpl mostly. There is no problem in the bike except that it is very impractical to use except for leisure rides.

Plan A is to put it up on online classifieds and wait for a good deal. Currently, I have offers of 75k in hand which I believe is too less as the bike costed me Rs. 1.32 lakhs. I am right in expecting anywhere around 80-85k?

Plan B. If plan A doesn't work out, I might go in for a new scooter (costs around 55k) by giving the bike in exchange to the dealer. It might fetch 10k less than market value but is sort of an instant solution. Is this a good idea or shall I stick to plan A?

Also, has anyone performed such a downgrade (from a higher priced bike to a lower priced scooter)? If yes, how is the excess price dealt with by the dealer? I am not sure if dealers carry out such exchange offers where price of old vehicle is higher than new one. Please help.
Old 4th August 2018, 20:36   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Hello members,

. I am right in expecting anywhere around 80-85k?

Plan B. It might fetch 10k less than market value but is sort of an instant solution. Is this a good idea or shall I stick to plan A?

e:
Yes you can get ₹85K. Try OLX. You'll be able to sell in a month. Be patient. Explain in full the positives in your Ad.

Plan B is not as good as A. You'll have to pay commission for both buy and sell.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:08   #729
BHPian

I am having an itch to get myself a RE or a Jawa , as a weekend ride. Have come across a 2014 Classic Chrome 500cc ridden only 2500km. I have yet to inspect the bike. The owner is quoting 1.5 lacs on phone and negotiable. What shall be a good price for this one.Since I am not sure how useful the bike I purchase will be, hence also looking at used options to curtail the outflow of money.

Last edited by inder : 25th March 2019 at 10:09.
Old 14th April 2019, 15:56   #730
BHPian

In the last 3 to 4 days, I notice that there is a flurry of Harley Davidson for sale in olx, Kerala.About 10 bikes for sale,all variants. What could be the reason? Is it because he RTO is getting strict on modified vehicles or some other reason.
Old 14th April 2019, 19:48   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am having an itch to get myself a RE or a Jawa , as a weekend ride. Have come across a 2014 Classic Chrome 500cc ridden only 2500km. I have yet to inspect the bike. The owner is quoting 1.5 lacs on phone and negotiable. What shall be a good price for this one.Since I am not sure how useful the bike I purchase will be, hence also looking at used options to curtail the outflow of money.
Guess it would be better to get the latest ABS model for additional money, instead of a 5 year old bike. If you still want to go for this one, start with 1.2L as there are a lot of Classic 500s on sale. And you might get a good deal if you're patient enough.
Old 14th April 2019, 20:58   #732
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Threads"

Quote:
IMO Jawa would be a better choice vis-a-vis a RE 500 . With the Jawa you get
  • A classic, retro motorcycle.(same as RE)
  • A newer, better put together package with seemingly better QC.
  • Liquid cooled, fuel injected engine which is an iteration of the reliable 300cc mill from Mojo which can do unstressed speeds north of 100 kmph all day.
  • Lower seat height, lower weight and a decent power/torque to weight ratio. Decent handling too, going by the initial reviews.
  • Dual channel ABS in the later models.
  • Better FE.
So, for a few thousand more, I feel you'd get a better, more modern, fairly sorted and niggle free retro classic motorcycle.

Cheers !
Old 14th April 2019, 22:31   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Used RE's are quite expensive - I've never been able to understand why. However, if you're alright with owning and maintaining a C500, the said example is worth a look. Do note that the Classic 500 Chrome is the most expensive RE (excepting the 650's) - retailing at around 2.7 lac OTR.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 14th April 2019 at 22:33.
Old 18th April 2019, 15:51   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I recently bought a Mahindra Mojo. It was a pre-loved machine, a year old with 3700 km on the clock.

May I know how much did you pay for the bike. I assume its XT.

Sorry missed the date. Please ignore the query.

Last edited by girishv : 18th April 2019 at 15:53.
Old 19th April 2019, 09:16   #735
BHPian

I don't know where should i post this but i will soon be starting my hunt for a used superbike. I have a budget of 5.2L-5.5L (can strech to 6L MAX after waiting 3-4 months)

1. What's the reasonable price for a 2016-17 under 10,000KMs run CBR650F?

2. What's the reasonable price for a 2017-18 Z900 and 2016+ ninja 1000? attainable in 6L?

3. Any liter class options in my budget? (2009-12 busa? 2007-08 R1 or 2008-12 fireblade?)

Not interested in Parallel twins, triumph street/speed and Z800, benellis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks