Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 20:07   #766
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Hello friends,
I am getting a less ridden RE standard 500 cc. It is mid 2017 EFI model, 13000 kms done.

I test rode it today, excellent pick up, vibrations also negligible, almost nil from RE standards, could ride till 60kmph as was in city traffic.

Fit n finish is emaculate condition, no undesirable sound, or loose things etc, reason may be its personal vehicle of a RE garage owner, he has another std 350 CI model too, maintained in top condition.

Reason for selling is, he is replacing 500 with interceptor 650.

Handlebar is changed to RD 350, seat is original, exhaust is changed, but he told, if you want, I will change the handle bar to standard one, and exhaust too will change.

I liked handlebar as its almost like standard with additional connecting bar between two ends.

Exhaust i asked to change, as i want normal stock exhaust which he will do. Besides, will change rear drum brake's pads in front of me as I said rear brake lacks bite.

What i liked most was that it didn't feel like riding a used vehicle, its so well maintained and less ridden. I liked it very much.

He quoted 1.45 lakhs, finally came to 1.35.

I wish to own 500 cc Standard, maintain it and cruise for years at moderate speeds like 80-90 on highways and 50-60 in city max. Want to enjoy relaxed riding of long stroke engine. Want to have that additional bhp and that enormous torque of 500cc.

No, pl don't suggest to go for Interceptor 650. No matter how much refined and powerful the engine may be, riding position and ergonomics (foot pags, seating, etc) are not to my liking. I want traditional standard position, neither Thunderbird nor interceptor.

I am turning 49 next month and have a sensitive lower back, as suffered lower back pain during last 3 yrs.
I know all the negatives of RE.

Kindly give your view on it.

Thanks

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 18th August 2020 at 20:16. Reason: Corrected spelling errors
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 22:17   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Exhaust i asked to change, as i want normal stock exhaust which he will do. Besides, will change rear drum brake's pads in front of me as I said rear brake lacks bite.

What i liked most was that it didn't feel like riding a used vehicle, its so well maintained and less ridden. I liked it very much.

He quoted 1.45 lakhs, finally came to 1.35.

I know all the negatives of RE.

Kindly give your view on it.

Thanks
The Standard 500 was a low volume model as everyone fell for the Classic 500. He's expecting a bit on the higher side, your final offer should be 1.25 max (Well I'll leave this to the buyer and seller)

Few more checks for peace of mind, nothing to worry as everything can be fixed on an Enfield at affordable prices.

Electricals + Fi
- Battery health: check for sulphation. Not sure if you cold started the bike!
- Starter motor: no unusual noise on self starting
- Fuel pump: any issues faced by the owner (this is tricky)

Mechanical/Drive
- Chain+sprockets: Teeth and chain tension, rotate the wheels & check
- Rear swing arm: Try to move the rear wheel sideways & check play
- Wheel bushes: Same as above
- Inspect the chassis, if you can remove the seat and see
- Front steering play

You didn't mention tyre status, check for cracks as tread is normally good at 13k kms.

It's very simple to live with an Enfield if you do routine maintenance on time.

I feel you're convinced and don't want to let go a clean bike. I owned a Classic 350 for 5.5 years, 45k kms and upgraded to the Interceptor this year!

/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 18th August 2020 at 22:18.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 22:08   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
The Standard 500 was a low volume model as everyone fell for the Classic 500. He's expecting a bit on the higher side, your final offer should be 1.25 max (Well I'll leave this to the buyer and seller)

I feel you're convinced and don't want to let go a clean bike. I owned a Classic 350 for 5.5 years, 45k kms and upgraded to the Interceptor this year!

/surjaonwheelz
Thanks for your detailed inputs. I agree.

BTW, have you done any modifications in your Interceptor?

I took its test drive. As was heard/read, power delivery from the engine is awesome and vibrations are also not there. Handlebar can be changed or risers used, but seat and footpags are uncomfortable!
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 00:54   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Thanks for your detailed inputs. I agree.

BTW, have you done any modifications in your Interceptor?

I took its test drive. As was heard/read, power delivery from the engine is awesome and vibrations are also not there. Handlebar can be changed or risers used, but seat and footpags are uncomfortable!
Yes, the ergonomics are not perfect out of the box. You can check my mods here (Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review)
I've added handlebar risers after the windshield. Seat padding and coverage of the stock seat can be modified at any seat maker's market of any city! I've not ventured out for it yet due to the current situation.

Footpegs is a concern for many, I'm 5'8" and I've put it behind me literally. In stop and go traffic, I ride with the legs ahead of the pegs and it solves the problem for me. It took me some time coming from the upright seating position of the Classic.
Still if you want there are products available to lower and move the pegs forward for both rider and pillion.

The thing with Enfields is that you can customize it as per your needs or wish!

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 20th August 2020 at 00:55.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 01:24   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
He also seems to have an extra switch on the left handlebar that I can't figure out the purpose of. The headlight does seem to have some weirdness going on in the bottom section, but I've never seen an aux light mounted inside the main headlight.
Hi RiderZone,

RE seems to have come a long way from here

That's a hazard indicator switch on the left handle bar mostly for SIMTAC product.
You press the small round button to change the blinking pattern!

And that's the parking light inside the headlight which is LED hence white. It's the same as in the Himalayan headlight.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 12:06   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hi RiderZone,

RE seems to have come a long way from here

That's a hazard indicator switch on the left handle bar mostly for SIMTAC product.
You press the small round button to change the blinking pattern!

And that's the parking light inside the headlight which is LED hence white. It's the same as in the Himalayan headlight.
Haha, yeah I'm just trying to eat my words and see how they taste

Thanks! That looks simple plug and play, so perhaps no messing around with the wires. Didn't realise there was a separate parking light even though the headlight stays always on. I'll try sending him a message and see what comes.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 15:38   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
That looks simple plug and play, so perhaps no messing around with the wires.
Yes, absolutely no cutting or splicing wires to add the SIMTAC hazard module.

I've been using it on my STD 500 for little over a year now. They have different models with bike specific connectors so that you don't have to cut any wires.

The switch stopped working after a few months of installation (wouldn't change the pattern), and it was promptly replaced under warranty after I emailed the company a video of the issue.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 12:02   #773
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Please help with the correct price to go for a CBR 250R ABS. I'm particularly looking for a BS4 model i.e, the ones manufactured in 2018 - 2020 as I'll be keeping it for another 4-5 years. On looking for vehicles within Tamilnadu, I find most of the asking prices are upwards 1.85L, with one ridiculously asking 2.2L. I find the prices to be way too high for a bike which isn't currently in sale. Please help me with the right price range for a ~2yr old CBR250R ABS Version.
Old 13th December 2020, 15:49   #774
S15
BANNED

https://www.olx.in/item/kawasaki-nin...iid-1610223780

Is this a good price?
Assuming I trade in my 2016 Pulsar NS 200 and get 75-ish thousand for it.

PS: The exhaust is chinese Ali-Express crap.
Old 13th December 2020, 19:30   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_freakky View Post
Please help with the correct price to go for a CBR 250R ABS.
As per OBV, the max you should offer is 1.5lacs if the bike has run less and is in excellent condition. It's a discontinued bike and not particularly a hot seller to demand a premium. Keep looking, you'll find one in the correct price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Is this a good price?
Seems like a dealer to me and feels overpriced. 7 year old bike with less running and outdated tech. This model didn't come with ABS, the brakes weren't that great and it's a lot heavier than the current gen model. Around 2.4 lacs is okay, anything more I'd pass. If you are still keen on the same model then look out for individual sellers and bargain hard.

Last edited by Funny : 13th December 2020 at 19:36.
Old 14th December 2020, 01:23   #776
BHPian

I am interested in buying a stock (preferably 1st owner) Rx 135 5 speed MH registered (MH12).
What should be the asking price for a fairly well-maintained bike with all paperwork (RC, FC, IC, PUC).
I am curious as I have seen posts asking for absurd prices of 1L+
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:03   #777
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a September 2019 make Honda CBR250R ABS, Sports Red Colour with 21k kms on ODO. The owner initially quoted 1.38 Lakhs and we brought down to 1.27 Lakhs after negotiating. The bike had a few scratches and the paint peel off at the handlebar, silencer guard etc. Mechanically, the bike was in good condition. I test drove the bike, and I was satisfied with the bike. Looking forward for your views, whether can I close this deal for 1.27 or negotiate further?

Thanks in advance,

Rajkumar K
Old 12th January 2021, 14:23   #778

Hi BHPians, I am looking to buy a Honda XBlade Dec 2018 registered bike.
Bike is in good condition with 4-5 negligible scratches around fuel tank.
Bike has ran less than 4500 kms and I know the owner personally.

My purpose of buying is just for city commutes and I m looking to upgrade from my 110cc scooter.

OBV is valuating bike around 55-60k, would it be wise to purchase this bike at 70k INR or is it better to go for a new BS6 Honda XBlade?

Also, as per some local dealers in my neighbourhood XBlade is not a successful model and carries a low resale value as compared to Unicorn or Hornet, is this true?
Old 12th January 2021, 15:06   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam117 View Post
OBV is valuating bike around 55-60k, would it be wise to purchase this bike at 70k INR or is it better to go for a new BS6 Honda XBlade?

Also, as per some local dealers in my neighbourhood XBlade is not a successful model and carries a low resale value as compared to Unicorn or Hornet, is this true?
Hi,
From what I know 2018 model repurchase should be around 50k, may be 5k more If its pristine and history of usage and service is well known. If you are really in need you can go a bit higher but 70k is quite high for a 3 year old xblade.
Forget about the dealers opinion, resale depends on how long you are going to own the bike. If it's for a short term look for hornet or unicorn. If it's for a bit longer none of it matters. Plus at these prices the depreciation will be low compared to when you purchase new. Good luck with your hunting. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 19:04   #780
BHPian

Hello all!
Here's the deal I'm getting :
Bajaj Pulsar NS200 ABS
16,000 kms on the odometer
2018 model
Asking Price: 78,000.
Single Owner, Showroom/dealer maintained.
How much should I negotiate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks