Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 11:53   #796
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
I was actually considering seeing Other Yamaha Bikes as well. Pulsars are a fad for me and I've long been a Pulsar Boy - I owned an NS from 2014-19 and It was bar none the best Bike I ever owned. I went for an X-blade because it was a Honda and it gave better FE than My NS for office commute. But in the long run, it was extremely flimsy and was not comfortable for pillions. Surprisingly, the NS had better Pillion comfort.

Any suggestions on Japense bikes I can go for apart from an FZ? I've also been looking at Yamaha SZ's and Honda Unicorns. I also saw a few P180's from 2012-13 going for about 16-19,000. I also was looking into the "Beast" version Apache RTR's.
You can look for Suzuki Gixxer 150, Suzuki GS150R, HH CBZ Xtreme, HH Hunk. SZ is too commuterish, won't be fun like FZ and the likes. If you are confident about owing an old pulsar, go for it
Mach_1590 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 17:21   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
You can look for Suzuki Gixxer 150, Suzuki GS150R, HH CBZ Xtreme, HH Hunk. SZ is too commuterish, won't be fun like FZ and the likes. If you are confident about owing an old pulsar, go for it

So, In a major turn of events - I decided to go in for a 2011 TVS Wego. I decided to go for it due to rising fuel costs.
Old 3rd January 2023, 23:13   #798

Recently purchased a 2015 Suzuki Gixxer that's run 40k for 38k. Paid off the pending challans, changed the lockset because my paranoid butt won't let me be in peace with the fact that owner lost one of the two keys, and got back the original RVMs as owner was using crappy ones that only look good and don't work, and did the usual service (oil change, brake fluid flush, brake pads, electricals inspection). Also got a NightEye LED bulb installed.
Barring the occasional minor niggles from being a 7.5 year old bike, it has been purring along quite well since the service now. I'll probably get the carb cleaned next service and will get a new rear tyre too. Have spent 5k up until now, 2k of which could've been avoided with the lockset, and will probably have to spend 5k more for it to be in a condition I can be proud of. Can anyone tell me if I got a good deal?
techsupportcat9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:34   #799
BANNED

Is this 2020 Interceptor 650 worth it at 2.55 lakhs(Kochi, Kerala). It's a single owner bike with 15.75k km odometer reading. The dealer was initially asking for 2.75 lakhs but I was able to bargain and bring it down to 2.55 lakhs. The thing that bothers me is that when I checked the vehicle's status online I found that the first owner got the bike through finance( would that cause any headache for me in the future when transfering the ownership to my name)?
The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0834.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0835.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0836.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0837.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0838.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0839.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0840.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0841.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0842.png

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img_0843.png
Old 4th January 2023, 16:09   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1290zx View Post
Is this 2020 Interceptor 650 worth it at 2.55 lakhs(Kochi, Kerala). It's a single owner bike with 15.75k km odometer reading. The dealer was initially asking for 2.75 lakhs but I was able to bargain and bring it down to 2.55 lakhs. The thing that bothers me is that when I checked the vehicle's status online I found that the first owner got the bike through finance( would that cause any headache for me in the future when transfering the ownership to my name)?
As a 2019 INT650 current owner, I would consider that price high (2.2L - 2.4L would be more ideal based on condition of the bike); but that finally will depend on demand & supply.

A few additional aspects to remember
- see if the bike has 5 year extended warranty (good to have). If not that's an additional expense
- the front tire is nearly worn out. I'm assuming the rear would be same or worse so that's an expense coming up within a year
- the battery would be konking off by end of year 3 so that's another cost to keep in consideration

As for your loan query, if he's already paid off the loan and can produce the bank NOC, it should not be an issue during the transfer process. Make that demand upfront.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:24   #801
BHPian

Am looking to buy a Harley street 750 which has clocked 3000kms and is a 2018 model single owner. The owner is looking to give at 4L which is negotiable. Am getting this bike just for heck of buying a Harley and will be used only on weekends for a 20km casual ride. After riding an activa 125 for the last 6-7 years will this bike be ok for some quick grocery runs?

Apart from service records what other things that I need to watch out for in this 4 year sparingly used bike? Am sure tyres would need a replacement as the rubber would have become hard due to non usage. Some reviews on TBhp say the gears don’t slot in properly.

Request HD street owners to suggest if I should go ahead with this purchase or look for something else.
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:06   #802
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking at a used Jawa 42 in Delhi with the following details:

- Jawa 42, BS6, single-channel ABS
- September 2020
- Single owner
- 6000 kms with a clean service history

Seller's purchase price was around 1.8 lakhs (ex-showroom 1.6 lakhs) in 2020. A new one now costs just under 2 lakhs.

Present insurance value is 1.22 lakhs. The seller is willing to let go at 1.15 lakhs including transfer.

Is it a good deal?
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:47   #803
BHPian

I purchased an E20 Bajaj Dominar 250cc, the latest version for 2.15L on-road in Delhi ~20 days back. It has 600 km on the Odometer and has been through its first service just two days back.

I feel the need to upgrade to Dominar 400 and was wondering how much would I lose if I were to sell the Dominar 250. Any idea how much it would fetch? If it's not a huge loss then I might get the Dominar 400.

Would it be lesser than 2.0 Lakh? If yes, then I might discard the thought else if it's 2.0L that can be fetched then I could go for it.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Typo, spacing
rishi.roger is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:56   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t see anyone buying it for 2 lacs, 15000 discount is. It worth becoming the second owner. Bike will loose anything between 20-30% of its value the day you get it out of showroom on basis of various permutations combinations.

I will suggest to enjoy riding the bike for a year and then upgrade, you will probably still get the same price a year down the lane as what you will get today.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:25   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I don’t see anyone buying it for 2 lacs, 15000 discount is. It worth becoming the second owner. Bike will loose anything between 20-30% of its value the day you get it out of showroom on basis of various permutations combinations.

I will suggest to enjoy riding the bike for a year and then upgrade, you will probably still get the same price a year down the lane as what you will get today.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I am not into used vehicle market so had no idea what might be the depreciation.
I might as well buy a trusted and used Dominar 400 down the line after selling D250 a year or so later. The difference might not be as huge as it's new, plus the accessories would be compatible.
Old 14th July 2023, 17:16   #806
BHPian

I always dreamed about owning a medium/rel. big capacity bike. During casual browsing, I stumbled upon this Versys 650 (2018, 2nd owner, 59k) on Olx from an individual seller based in the same city.

The main reason I am going via preowned is, firstly, to test if I would be able to devote enough time for riding and next, there are no new launch of medium capacity bikes so I don't know if there will be something within my budget in the next 6 months or so. Finally, I don't plan on putting down a whole lot of dough on this small adventure of mine . I previously owned TBTS350 and Duke but sold when I moved abroad for work.

Given absolutely nil experience in used bikes, I am hoping the members would help me figure out some of the aspects so I don't make a fool of myself.

1. What should be the right price for this bike?
2. Let's say if the price is negotiated and is reasonable, then is it a good/decent buy?

Thanks,
A

P.S. By any chance, does it belong to any BHPian out here.

Last edited by minzanurag : 14th July 2023 at 17:17. Reason: Typos
Old 19th July 2023, 19:14   #807
BHPian

How much can I pay for 2015 KTM Duke 390 run only 20000 kms in Bengaluru ? I was thinking Rs 60,000/- .
Also this model bike has very high pick up , how to reduce that so that it’s a decent city bike.
Old 19th July 2023, 20:37   #808
BHPian

What should one pay for 2017 Dominar 400 with ABS/Slipper clutch. 18000 Km's on odo. My friend is looking for one with multiple options in MH.
Old 21st July 2023, 09:53   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx2 View Post
What should one pay for 2017 Dominar 400 with ABS/Slipper clutch. 18000 Km's on odo. My friend is looking for one with multiple options in MH.
Difficult to comment as there aren't too many Dominars on the roads. Depending on the condition, one can guesstimate around 1L.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 15:23   #810

Hi fellow BHPians,
I have very recently moved to Bangalore fresh out of college to work for a tech company. Looking to buy a used bike under the budget of 35,000 INR. My daily running will be around 10Kms (to and fro from office). Have been wondering if the Yamaha FZ would be a good choice? What are your thoughts? Would appreciate any suggestions on what bike to purchase and what platforms do I start my search from.
Thanks,
Hani
hani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed