Team-BHP - Overhaulin' my RD350
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Overhaulin' my RD350 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/68540-overhaulin-my-rd350.html)

Hi All,

Was looking out for some advice on overhaulin' my Rd350.
She was my first bike....and love her to bits!

I am looking to completely overhaul the bike, can anyone help me out with issues like what parts would make sense importing and what can be found in Bangalore itself.

Thanks!

Hi Aroon, what's the current condition of your RD350?

hi,

Please be clear on whats need to be done, will you? whats that you intend to do withe bike ?

i know many guys who can help with the spares in bangalore.

bye

everything can be found in b'lore. RDD is based out of b;lore, so make a few calls, it wont be difficult to find Ron. Ensure, that he doesnt take ages to do it up :)

Thanks for the response Guys.....appreciate it!
My bike is in good running condition, with no major issues. She is running on a CDI kit (Which i want to restore to points). Bore is a 0.5, one fork tube is kinda worn out.
I want to completely redo the engine, fit discs for the front, chrome the required parts......probably jus strip everything down and rebuild her.

Aroon why do you want to restore it back to the points? i am not able to get this part and what CDI is it running?

from personal experience, i ll tell you.
if it aint broke, dont fix it.
fork tubes you can change if you find a good setup. you can expect an antire setup starting from 7-8k up to 20k depending on the seller.
if the cdi is running the bike, let it run. its pretty hassle free.
first collect ALL parts needed for your conversion to points. then do it.
if you remove cdi, you have a bike which cannot fire.
loads of things are there to add.
you ll get a lot of answers here as well as other rd specific websites if you can post specific areas of work needed on your bike. :)
most rd owners are happy to see another rd back on the road including me
rega-RD-s
nitro

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1575980)
Aroon why do you want to restore it back to the points? i am not able to get this part and what CDI is it running?

She is running on a Shogun CDI.....with points you could really tune her well isnt it?

Yeah Sure! i've heard that a lot of times!
will take your advice on the points, coz yeah it is a task to get all the parts to convert it!
Infact, she is running just fine....its just that the engine has become weak and the the unwanted noises have increased....finding a trustworthy contact who could take a look at the bike and let me know how best to go about it is my concern!

Yeah Ive hear that a lot of times!
Will take your advice in the points conversion, coz it is a task to get all the parts to assemble it.
Infact she is running fine, its just that the engine has become weak and the unwanted noises have increased. Im looking out for a trustworthy guy who can have a look at the bike and suggest how best to go about getting the engine done.

Dude,

Get yourself an RDD CDI man.

Cheers,

Jay

^^ I think the same, RDD CDI is the best choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aroon Sequeira (Post 1579363)
Yeah Ive hear that a lot of times!
Will take your advice in the points conversion, coz it is a task to get all the parts to assemble it.
Infact she is running fine, its just that the engine has become weak and the unwanted noises have increased. Im looking out for a trustworthy guy who can have a look at the bike and suggest how best to go about getting the engine done.

Having a Shogun CDi is better than having the points, cause with the points all that you keep on doing is TUNING. you seem to be from Banglore. contact RON chinoy. he is bit snobby when it comes to take jobs and he is charges a lot but surely would do a good job. but if you want you may just try to get a normal service done and try to chang the piston rings that may be able to sort out the sounds if they are of the piston slap.

RDD CDI is a good choice but it is expensive i think last i checked the price it was 12K. just see what you want to do. get your cycle parts and the bike running fine and then go for the visuals.