Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2022, 17:35   #196

Re: Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread

Hi all,
I am planning to fit a self on my std bullet BS3 in near future.
can someone highlight the correct procedure and the parts to be replaced and added, a rough estimate for the mod? Also some light on the pros and cons of the mod are awaited.
Old 1st November 2022, 23:03   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senguptamitava View Post
Hi all,
can someone highlight the correct procedure and the parts to be replaced and added, a rough estimate for the mod? Also some light on the pros and cons of the mod are awaited.
You will have to buy the starter motor assembly, sprag clutch assembly, right side switch assembly and for the whole thing to work properly you will have to upgrade to a higher AH battery (which will demand a larger battery cage). The whole thing with labor charges must cost around 8K to 10K.

Unless you have a medical condition making it difficult to kick start the bullet, I would say to stay away from the mod as you will only be adding more repair demanding parts (especially the sprag clutch assembly) to your motorcycle. I also ride a 2011 Standard UCE and I never face any difficulty kick starting the motorcycle even in the morning. Again, it is just my opinion.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 00:58   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
You will have to buy the starter motor assembly, sprag clutch assembly, right side switch assembly and for the whole thing to work properly you will have to upgrade to a higher AH battery (which will demand a larger battery cage). The whole thing with labor charges must cost around 8K to 10K.

Unless you have a medical condition making it difficult to kick start the bullet, I would say to stay away from the mod as you will only be adding more repair demanding parts (especially the sprag clutch assembly) to your motorcycle. I also ride a 2011 Standard UCE and I never face any difficulty kick starting the motorcycle even in the morning. Again, it is just my opinion.
regards adrian
Thanks Adrian for your reply. No I dont have any medical issues or problem in kickstarting my bullet, rather I love and enjoy doing that. The main reason for this mod is to have a headlight connection directly from the battery and that will facilitate me to use a higher wattage bulb for more light intensity. As I have stated earlier I am not interested in LED lights as I myself feel very blinding with those from my opposite and dont want to trouble others for the same reason. I do plan to use a 100/90 w bulb after the mod using a regulator.
Thanks once again
senguptamitava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 11:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senguptamitava View Post
Hi all,
Is that even possible with the existing crank case?. Mounting a starter on the case needs a provisions for a mounting bracket and a starter clutch on the shaft. Some models use the same center case for both Starter and Non Starter versions just to reduce inventory.

Not to forget that as @adrian had mentioned a higher size battery with a higher CCA rating. AH in such cases may not be the limiting factor but CCA certainly is.

PS: I am no Bullet guy, so i may be wrong too. So better check.
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 14:27   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Is that even possible with the existing crank case?. Mounting a starter on the case needs a provisions for a mounting bracket and a starter clutch on the shaft. Some models use the same center case for both Starter and Non Starter versions just to reduce inventory.

Not to forget that as @adrian had mentioned a higher size battery with a higher CCA rating. AH in such cases may not be the limiting factor but CCA certainly is.

PS: I am no Bullet guy, so i may be wrong too. So better check.
yes it is possible in Bullet. sharing a link of you tube where it shows it can be done
Old 29th November 2022, 20:31   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a 2017 RE Electra that has done ~14,000 Km till date. The motorcycle has done very well in my work commutes, leisure trips and school runs - except for its weak braking. In emergencies at speeds of 60 - 70 Kmph (the maximum speed I have dared to ride at is 70 kmph), I find myself scrambling to brake without locking the brakes and the bike just can't be safely handled in those moments.

Is there a way to improve its braking performance appreciably? Has anyone tried any aftermarket upgrades of brakes on BS 4 or older non-ABS models?
Old 29th November 2022, 20:51   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I have a 2017 RE Electra that has done ~14,000 Km till date. The motorcycle has done very well in my work commutes, leisure trips and school runs - except for its weak braking. In emergencies at speeds of 60 - 70 Kmph (the maximum speed I have dared to ride at is 70 kmph), I find myself scrambling to brake without locking the brakes and the bike just can't be safely handled in those moments.

Is there a way to improve its braking performance appreciably? Has anyone tried any aftermarket upgrades of brakes on BS 4 or older non-ABS models?
I have heard that the Vesrah Ceramic Brake Pads pads help a lot. Link below:

Vesrah: https://htrzmodz.com/products/357
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 23:06   #203
BHPian

I have a Thunderbird 350 2014 model. The rubber inside the fuel tank cap is breaking apart. Any recommendation on where a spare can be bought in Bangalore will be helpful. The solution from RE so far seems to be to replace the entire fuel lid and bike lock system which feels expensive just for a damaged gasket
Old 9th April 2023, 17:22   #204

My bullet was not starting due to carb and inlet manifold got disconnected due to the manifold rubber was loose. I aligned it and tightened the screw. Voila, bullet 500 roared to life with a single kick; thanks for the guidance team BHPians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks