Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi there,

Congratulations man, that's a nice ride you got there.

Wanted to know, if you did anything to handle the extra heat that will be generated by the setup? Are you still running the stock 535 oil pumps?

Take care.

Thanks & regards,
Prakhar
Old 10th November 2009, 22:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sweet looking!! IMO, black or steel grey would have given the bike a meaner look.
None-the-less,great job done!
Old 10th November 2009, 22:07   #18
BHPian

hard work shows man, neat job. Just need to do something to the engine, it should look shining new for such a bike.

Last edited by Shashank.A : 10th November 2009 at 22:10.
Old 11th November 2009, 08:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Though I'm not much of a bike guy, this is a really impressive custom job. I generally see these kind of choppers on the Travel & Living Channel but a mod job like this on a desi Bullet is very commendable indeed. Any more interesting projects in the pipeline?
Old 11th November 2009, 09:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff. Courtesy xbhp and teambhp you are now #1 by far. you gotto throw us all a party and atleast acknowledge our efforts at RiderMania.

Its only with support from Non-Bulleteer forums that you've gone to #1 - deserves acknowledging
Old 11th November 2009, 10:56   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think a bunch of mallu college kids beat him to it
You need to know a bit more about Bullets. Thats a diesel and if it can run half as well the bike above, then we can say the above was beat. At best the mallu kids effort was an amateurish one. Someone made a turbo for a diesel autorickshaw for the same Lombards engine. And he was not even educated beyond 2nd standard. In Nanded, Maharashtra if I remember correctly.

And to be more precise that diesel engined bike is not a "Bullet" by any stretch of imagination and I am not even a Bulleter. Wait till the Bullet guys hear you calling a diesel engine in a Bullet frame a Bullet. LOL. Thats a Taurus.

Respect where its due. Awesome job man. Not a very big fan of cosmetics but a turboed pushrod engine is an effort worth reckoning.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great custom job. The pics dont do justice to the colour scheme. What i strongly find missing is a good chrome job on the engine!!! Go all the way mate. Get the engine, gearbox and all other nuts/bolts made of cast iron chromed and your bike is probably complete cosmetically. But where it stands today, its still an awsome job.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:29   #23
BHPian

And if you read the Taurus thread, you will see a comment that says its not technically possible to turbo anything less than 700 CC. I have no clue about technicalities, but if what he said is correct, then I seriously doubt how good that Taurus was.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Great job mate truly commendable and I seriously think its the only one of its kind atleast in India, one querry though:
From the pics it seems to have a twin-seat arrangement whereas there is only one footrest in front and none for the pillion (any specific reason) or Is it that its a single-seater with an extended seat.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

The job certainly looks well executed. It would be nice to hear the riding experience.

Btw what was the reason for chossing the 535 engine over the 500? I am asking becasue the last I heard the 535 was a troublesome engine while the 500 has almost none.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

came with a bang. coolest bullet with some matching punch!. liked the headlight and twin discs. great..enjoy.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:40   #27
BHPian

neat.

looks great. hope you have captured enough pics and videos of the build. it would be worth making in to a interesting custom build episode on tv.
few WIP pics here will make it real interesting.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Thanks for the compliments and feedback

Team-BHP,

Many thanks for the compliments. Yes, the RR700 Prostreet Turbo has been a labour of love, and a lot of effort and thought. All the credit for that goes totally to my friend Ranjit Randhawa (hence the moniker RR700) who designed, built and executed the bike single handedly in its entirety. I saw the chasis of the bike at his farm in Kharar last year and volunteered to buy whatever he made provided it was a force induction bike. So, honestly, my role has been limited to giving my two cents on the ergonomics, getting the headlight and some imported parts and sitting patiently after paying up, waiting for Ranjit to find the time to complete the bike.

This project is still not complete. The turbo setup is not working the way we want it to, too much turbo lag. So we will supercharge the RR700 and I have already procured the Aisin AMR 500 unit, which we think is appropriate for this application. I plan to ride the bike this winter in its current setup as it still kicks *** while Ranjit experiments with the Aisin unit and a spare engine on the bench. That way, next summer, it will be a simple bolt on job on the RR700.

I do not have any performance figures to share ride now, for lack of measuring accurate equipment. We estimate BHP to be about 40bhp, torque is awesome-it does wheels spins in 2nd when throttle is yanked. Everything else that I say will be conjecture as I have no objective measure. Relatively speaking, its got better pick up than my old RD350, and that's before the Turbo kicks in.

The colour scheme is entirely Ranjit's idea. Initially I was skeptical when he said orange and pearl white, but now am glad I went ahead with it. Black is just too common in my view. The pics posted are a bit old, bike now has some nice decals. Plan is to get the tank and fenders airbrushed with some tribal art in Mumbai later.

The bike is presently in transit, I hope to get it in Mumbai this weekend! Will post some updated pics after that. No video's as of now, am afraid. Am checking this website through my BB, so apologies for any typo's or delays in responding.

Lastly, a big thanks to all those who voted for my bike at the Rider Mania Custom Bike Competition. Its leading the board now, thanks to ur support. Now alli need to do is figure out a way to take 3 days off from work and ride it to Goa for Rider Mania.

Cheers

Ride Hard, Ride Safe
ForcedInduction is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 18:47   #29
BHPian

535 vs 500 for donor bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The job certainly looks well executed. It would be nice to hear the riding experience.

Btw what was the reason for chossing the 535 engine over the 500? I am asking becasue the last I heard the 535 was a troublesome engine while the 500 has almost none.
Thanks Technocrat. No particular reason other than that a 535 donor bike happenned to be available on the cheap in CHD. The 535 was troublesome coz it's combustion chamber was not designed properly...its piston were high compression dome piston (I think), but the head and squish was way off...leading to a lot of knocking problems. Essentially the head was not mated properly to the new piston. In the RR700, we have changed everything-pistons, rings, connecting rod, crankshaft, head and port profile, cam profile, rockers, valve clearance etc. So no such problems in the RR700
Old 11th November 2009, 18:58   #30
BHPian

rear footrests missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Great job mate truly commendable and I seriously think its the only one of its kind atleast in India, one querry though:
From the pics it seems to have a twin-seat arrangement whereas there is only one footrest in front and none for the pillion (any specific reason) or Is it that its a single-seater with an extended seat.
Thanks Altohoncho, its a twin seater, needed to have a small pillion pad so that my girl can hold on to me

The pics are old, rear footrests have since been added. Plan to post updated pics soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks