Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 14:22   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
I am getting a new classic 350. Is it advisable to fit free flow exhaust(GreaseHouse Thumper) in a brand new bike?
Better to stick to the stock exhaust during the running in or first couple of services is completed and the then change it. It will help the engine in the long run.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 16:03   #272
BHPian

Is the Wild Boar available online? The genuine one, not the rip offs.

Any links anyone ?
Old 5th August 2020, 17:25   #273

Hello bhpians. Where can I find a decent sounding silencer for my CI 350 in Bangalore? Preferring gentle and subtle sounding ones because I'm a guy who likes to go about his business without causing a racket.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:11   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shravan_Sunil View Post
Hello bhpians. Where can I find a decent sounding silencer for my CI 350 in Bangalore? Preferring gentle and subtle sounding ones because I'm a guy who likes to go about his business without causing a racket.
Try Indimotard near Whitefield, they make good quality ones, though designed for the newer models, I think you can install it on the CI.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 21:36   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which year of make model is the Bullet?

I am guessing it is post 2002 and has the short bend pipe. If yes, the best one is a stock short bottle muffler that looks like the one in the picture below. Again, there are different sounding ones that look the same. If I remember right, the stock sounding one is from a company called Standard, Chennai.
JC road would be the best place to check.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets-440dc387d19f43e08e754d109ca4e5f3.jpeg  

Old 5th August 2020, 21:48   #276

@tharian will search for it at JC road thanks. Mine's a 92 model
Old 5th August 2020, 23:13   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it is a 92, then the options are less. The stock system with the long bend pipe and short bottle muffler is the best as it retains the thump.
Old 20th March 2023, 23:15   #278
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the exhaust bend pipe part number for the BS3 Classic 500 EFI? It's the one without the sensor and with the facility to fit the exhaust guard.

The parts catalogue online has the Euro 3 version which has the lambda/oxygen sensor while the domestic BS3 does not. I'm looking for the domestic BS3 part number.
Old 21st March 2023, 08:05   #279
BHPian

Quote:
https://sandhya-automobiles.business.site/

Or Prem Motors which is close to Bharathinagar Police Station.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 08:37   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sunil mate, did you try enquiring with RE genuine spare parts dealer if the original exhaust/muffler/silencer is available? if it is available then that's the best option. If not, then a company called Quality Chennai makes short bottle silencer for Standard CI's.

I own a 1996 STD CI and it is still on the original silencer (have done nickel plating once). My preference is the equipment that comes fitted from factory, as that is the best. There are very few RE riders like you and me who like the smooth mellow thump. All my RE's are using OEM silencer as I prefer it that way. It also helps cut down on fatigue on long rides. I remember a fellow RE rider who had fitted a free flow after market exhaust on his CL350 and believe me while on a long one day ride, he returned half way back home due to ringing in his ears, thanks to the obnoxiously loud and rackety exhaust he had on his motorcycle.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 21st March 2023 at 08:39.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:16   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I remember a fellow RE rider who had fitted a free flow after market exhaust on his CL350 and believe me while on a long one day ride, he returned half way back home due to ringing in his ears, thanks to the obnoxiously loud and rackety exhaust he had on his motorcycle.
I too am using the stock long silencer, even with that my ears started ringing on my recent ride :( as my helmet fitting is now no longer providing noise reduction. It would have been a disaster with even a decible louder !
masterChief007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 11:13   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
It also helps cut down on fatigue on long rides. I remember a fellow RE rider who had fitted a free flow after market exhaust on his CL350 and believe me while on a long one day ride, he returned half way back home due to ringing in his ears, thanks to the obnoxiously loud and rackety exhaust he had on his motorcycle.
It does cut out on fatigue, but a free flow need not be very loud either. Stuff it with ceramic/glass wool and it does have a nice note when you are cruising. Of course, the muffler needs to be a good quality one and not a fat piped one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
I too am using the stock long silencer, even with that my ears started ringing on my recent ride :( as my helmet fitting is now no longer providing noise reduction. It would have been a disaster with even a decible louder !
That is surprising since your bike came with a nicely tuned muffler from RE which was meant to get back that thump, but at the same time met the noise norms. I remember swapping it on my bike for a while and it was quite silent on when on the move. That muffler was fitted only on the CI 350 bikes and was introduced on the 2004 Electra.

Last edited by tharian : 21st March 2023 at 11:14.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:08   #283
Senior - BHPian

On the earlier Machismo, we used to have two silencers - the original long bottle and the upswept Goldstar. For short rides within the city, the Goldstar was good. But when I got tired of it and for long rides, we used to slap on the long bottle and it was perfect for a muffled thump and a sane mind.
Gordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:23   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It does cut out on fatigue, but a free flow need not be very loud either. Stuff it with ceramic/glass wool and it does have a nice note when you are cruising. Of course, the muffler needs to be a good quality one and not a fat piped one.
I have witnessed some people coming back to the garage where had they installed the free flow exhaust and ripping out the glass wool to make the sound even louder.

P.S. The best silencer of all was the AVL Tbird (factory fitted) Bazooka silencer. It was comparatively quieter than the short/long bottle silencers that came factory fitted.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 22nd March 2023 at 10:26.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 15:48   #285
BHPian

Hello everyone

I recently got my hands on a 2017 C350. The motorcycle has run 23k kms and came installed with a "K-Indori" exhaust. However it was louder than other Indori exhausts I've heard (HKK Indori) and that prompted me take it off for inspection. I discovered that it had a single plate welded in the middle with two holes instead of the 2 or 3 plates that other Indori exhausts have. I have attached a photo of the exhaust below.

In order to decrease the sound, I proceeded to fill half of the exhaust with steel wool from the header side. Since then I've installed the exhaust and ridden for a while. The exhaust is almost as quiet as the stock exhaust with a little bit of thump and no longer hurts the ear like it used to.

However I have some concerns:
1. Is it safe to stuff something like steelwool in the exhaust? I have concerns about the steelwool somehow making it's way up the header and into the cylinder.

2. Although I cannot feel any difference in torque or horsepower, the motorcycle is noticeably quieter. Is it due to increased back pressure and if so, what effects will it have on mileage?

I expect this to be a temporary solution till I get my hands on a C350 J-series stock exhaust. They sound sweet on the new REs and I expect similar results on the UCE as well.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets-img20230527150844.jpg  

Most Viewed