Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 20:57   #1
BHPian

Honda Dio tyre change. need some help.

hey guys!!

my 2007 honda dio has just crossed the 10k mark and is well due for a tyre change, mostly due to my rather senseless obsession for burnouts.

i was going to replace it with mrf zappers, like the ones i have now(not sure of the series name), but was wondering if there were any other tyres available for the dio. does any other company manufacture tyres for the dio?? im looking different threads or atleast a wider rear tyre. i have always fancied the rear tyre of the kinetic blaze. can it be retrofitted onto a dio?

any info on the above is welcome.

thank you.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you not to go in for wider tyres. There is not much space available for such modification. Next when you suffer from a puntured rear wheel, it would be difficult to take the wheel out. Infact, installing it first would be difficult also.

Although many people have done this, they end up bending the silencer for better accessibilty. also many people remove the rear mudguard for better access, but this is not a good thing. Those behind you will get a lot of water sprayed on them during rainy season.

Next, go for directional tyres. And dont overinflate. What happens due to overinflation is that the central grove will get used up pretty fast and the side will not be used up.
Old 16th November 2009, 01:38   #3

Welcome to the club. Only in my case, its covered only 4000 KMS. Just replace the OEM ones with exactly the same. They are fantastic.
Old 16th November 2009, 03:49   #4
BHPian

and make sure you buy the "tuffup" tube - this is usually available only at the dealers spare parts counter . When I went to buy a tyre for my dio at the mrf store - they didnt have the tuff-up tube and I had to buy it from the dealer !
Old 16th November 2009, 17:13   #5
BHPian

thank you for the help.
ok, so a wider tyre is out of the question. do any other brands offer tyres for the dio??
Old 17th November 2009, 02:14   #6
BHPian

MRF Zapper

@bivin: Hey Bivin, do not disregard the broader tyres. They are just awesome. I have 4 Honda's at home, 1 Dio and 3 Activa's all are running with the MRF 100/90/10 tyre. It is just awesome and the grip is great. One of my cousin has gone 1step ahead and has both the front and back of the broader tyre. He is very happy.

Installation: There are no issues what so ever with this tyre. When you have a puncture its off easily only by bending the vehicle on the side stand, and once the puncture if fixed, ask the guy to fit the tyre on the bike first and then fill it up with air.

I am talking out of Experience!! But ensure that you fit the Tuff up tube as already advised. My Activa has clocked 76k Kms, and I am pretty sure I haven't suffered more than about 6-7 punctures!!

These tyres cost about 1k with the tube in Bangalore, give the tube back to the retailer and he reduces about 100-150 bucks.

Ride Safe
Old 17th November 2009, 15:07   #7
BHPian

thanks addy,
could you post some pics? i want to see the difference between the tyres.
Thanks once again!!
Old 9th November 2011, 14:42   #8
BHPian

Tyre Replacement for Honda Dio - Which brand?

Hello everyone,

My Honda Dio '07 has completed 30k+, and it is really time for a tyre change. The tyre size is 90/100, and I am considering going for some better tyres rather than the stock MRF. Tubeless, no doubt.

I am really not sure whether to upsize and go for a 100/90 or something similar only for the rear. I mean, is it fine to upsize only the rear? Also, what tyre brands am I looking at? I have heard some people putting Michelin for their Dio, but could not find out any product matching this size.

Any help would be really great. Thank You.

PS. Mods, I tried searching for a thread regarding this, but could not find a suitable one. If one does exist, please merge. Thank You.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:49   #9
BHPian

Re: Tyre Replacement for Honda Dio - Which brand?

I think that the stock Zappers are great!
I advice you against upsizing as you may experience drop in acceleration.
Even i wanted to get fatter tyres for my Dio due to the lack of grip during rains but was advised against it.
Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 18:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
I think that the stock Zappers are great!
I advice you against upsizing as you may experience drop in acceleration.
Even i wanted to get fatter tyres for my Dio due to the lack of grip during rains but was advised against it.
Would an upsize from 90/100 to 100/90 really cause a very prominent drop in acceleration?
And isn't the lack of acceleration far outweighed by the advantage of having better grip, hence better safety, especially in wet conditions?
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 18:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Would an upsize from 90/100 to 100/90 really cause a very prominent drop in acceleration?
And isn't the lack of acceleration far outweighed by the advantage of having better grip, hence better safety, especially in wet conditions?
I am skeptical about it pro's outweighing it's con's significantly!
One of the USP's of Dio is it's acceleration!
Even though the grip of the tyre is absolutely uninspiring when ridden on wet roads I've come around them by reducing speeds even more and relying on instinctual reflexes during panicky situations.
Anyways,it's your call in the end that matters
Old 9th November 2011, 19:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
I am skeptical about it pro's outweighing it's con's significantly!
One of the USP's of Dio is it's acceleration!
Even though the grip of the tyre is absolutely uninspiring when ridden on wet roads I've come around them by reducing speeds even more and relying on instinctual reflexes during panicky situations.
Anyways,it's your call in the end that matters
Okay fine. I understand what you are saying.
Yes, if it is that significant then I don't think I am compromising the acceleration for anything. Stock for me, then!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks