Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 20:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
.. Fiamm windtones (used in Skoda) are good. Fiamm costs Rs 400.
you have model details ? is that Rs 400 a pair.

IMO this suits the STD better.
Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-royal394.jpg

Last edited by Rennjit : 18th November 2009 at 20:09.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Cool, then you can add the Electra/Machismo speedo. Also when you buy the pilot lamps, PLEASE DO NOT buy the plastic ones. Try getting the glass ones.

Switches: Old switches. The ones with the yellow horn button. The ones shown in the pic above.

Stock taillight unit: Get a stock taillight unit.

Try to retain the footpegs and kick lever. If you can replace them, get the same ones.
Wow Gordon,
is it a telepathy or what........this is exactly what my plan was from starting. this is going to be exacly same. except the backlight where i would be using Phantom light in smaller version .

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Old 19th November 2009, 17:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
you have model details ? is that Rs 400 a pair.

IMO this suits the STD better.
Attachment 230355
I have bought same leg guards (two pieces) yesterday for my Rover and Wanderer.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 19th November 2009, 17:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Noooo don't, Shubhendra. Please don't do that. Don't put a phantom light. Instead get a small BSA light. I persist that you either go ahead with:

- the stock taillight unit box (that houses the taillight, indicators and has the registration plate)with stock taillight or a BSA lamp
OR
- if you dont want the stock tailligh unit box, make some simple brackets to mount the smaller BSA lamp and a registration plate

This is the ONLY thing that will make the rear look good and match with the overall looks. The Phantom light does not look good at all for a stock Enfield.
Old 19th November 2009, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Noooo don't, Shubhendra. Please don't do that. Don't put a phantom light. Instead get a small BSA light. I persist that you either go ahead with:

- the stock taillight unit box (that houses the taillight, indicators and has the registration plate)with stock taillight or a BSA lamp
OR
- if you dont want the stock tailligh unit box, make some simple brackets to mount the smaller BSA lamp and a registration plate

This is the ONLY thing that will make the rear look good and match with the overall looks. The Phantom light does not look good at all for a stock Enfield.
Ok Sir, As your wish. As i have already boughtPhantom lights and clamps. So i would use it for sometime and then i would revert to original.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 19th November 2009, 20:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Update of Wednesday

Woke up at sharp 8 AM and called mechanic to discuss today's plan. So my Day started like this.
09:15 AM: Met mechanic and then we both proceeded to get Nickel parts from Nickelwallah. The Uncle who owns this shop in Okhla is a true gentleman. On Monday when i explanied him about my new project and urgency, he assured me and he really kept his words. we got all parts by 09:45 . At that time i was so overconfident that i thought Yes i would achieve atleast 80% today, but i was not aware what is there in stock.

10:30 AM: Reached mechanic's place with all goods. Then the plan was that Mechanic will take all things to his home and on the way to his home he would collect Chasis and other parts who were painted in black to start assembling. And i will go to Karol Bagh to get Seats, bags, Tyres,spares, horns, spares etc. i gave Rim, drum and spokes to spokewallah to assemble them.

12:10 PM : I reached Karol bagh. First went to my spare wallah to get remaining spares from him, gave him list and told him to keep everything ready, i will come and pick them. Then went to SeatWallah (Khajanchi) i gave him time of almost 5 days and metal sheet to make front and rear seats, Side bags and front tool pouch. He told me to wait for sometime and everythign is ready just he had to call the guy. O.K. I then went to tyrewallah and bought two MRF 3.50x19 for both my bikes. I went again to Khajanchi and to my shock he wanted one more hour, it was close to 01:30 after some argument he told me to come at 02:30 he will keep everything ready.
i took this time to search good seat covers for my New Safari
I again reached seat wallah's place and this time i was . I came to know bags are not ready it would take him 20 mins to complete bags and then one and half hours to get then from his factory. Moreover he didnt have chromed springs and he would not be able to provide the same. I thought enough is enough now, but when i thought calmly i didnt have any other option. so told him to get everything done bu Thursday.
Purchased Horns and kegguards for both bikes collected spares from my sparewallah and started from Karol Bagh at 03:45 PM.

04:30 PM; Reached to my spkewallah and he was ready with two sets. gave him three tyres and my wanderer to fit new tyres on them.

05:15 PM - Reached to painters place to see the progress on other parts which were to be on two colors. One more shock he was about to finish the one colour. and once the first colour will settle then only he would be able to spray second colour. and this whole process would take minimum two days. And finally mother nature defied all my plan and PROJECT MANAGEMENT knowledge. i could not do anything else but started my Carrier (Yes Its TVS Scooty) and proceeded to mechanic's home.

05:30 PM - Mechanic was almost completed the engine and was waiting for some small but critical parts which we could not bought previously. And again returned back to Spokewallah.

06:15 PM: Spokewallah was ready with both tyres and my bike. took them and returned to Mechanic's home. Now me and Mechanic both had a long discussion. And we finally decided to slow the pace as we had no other option. And my Wanderer was also not 100% ready. so we thought that on Thursday first half we would start Engine of Rover. And then complete Wanderer on second half so that i can take atleast one bike with me. Friday onwards he would start work on Rover and by Sunday Rover would be ready. Monday he would complete Stickers and polish.
Then i have told him to run bike minimum for 300 kms before sending to my hometown.

All pics below are in story sequence.
Star of my Wednesday was Scooty. Who is giving me service from last few years but during my last both projects she had worked effortlessly, i carried engine, parts sometime three people and run her to 70-80 kms per day. Buty she really served me well. I am really planning to start a review thread on her .

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0002.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0001.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0003.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0004.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0010.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0013.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 20th November 2009 at 09:32. Reason: Please avoid the use of excessive smiles in your posts. We would advise you to go through the Rules before proceeding further
Old 19th November 2009, 22:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Green is great. lets see how it turns out to be
Old 20th November 2009, 00:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys went for a picnic to a garden and are assembling a bike in your past-time as if its a jigsaw puzzle for you'll

Amazing that you're getting such bikes done up and that too quite well. Awaiting its completion.

Isn't wiring the most annoying aspect in rebuilding?!
Old 21st November 2009, 19:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you guys went for a picnic to a garden and are assembling a bike in your past-time as if its a jigsaw puzzle for you'll

Amazing that you're getting such bikes done up and that too quite well. Awaiting its completion.

Isn't wiring the most annoying aspect in rebuilding?!
Yes it has become a extended picnic for us. We got one good place to build our bike .

I think wiring is one of the easiest thing in rebuilding if done carefully, because it readymade and you just need to connect all fittings. But it's my perception.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 22nd November 2009, 07:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Update of Thursday

Reached mechanic's place at morning 08:00 AM. We both started assembling remained pieces of engine. After two hours engine was ready, poured Engine oil, connected it to Tata Sumo's battery and yes it is time to start her. Gave a kick, two kicks...............Seventeen kicks nothing happened. rechecked wiring, spark plug again same story, again rechecked everything found bottle coil was generating less then required current but it was generating atleast some current.
Thought of giving a last try and yes it roared. What melodious sound this beast has. what a feeling it is to do everything by yourself and after one week of work atleast we got to hear something........but what the heck is this oil was not going up . But my mechanic told me not to worry this problem would be taken care.

We could not fit front tyre because we lost front shockup's bolt somewhere while solving this puzzle.
It was time to leave this beauty for some rest so that we can finalize other beast (Wanderer).

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0016.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0017.jpg  

Last edited by Shubhendra : 22nd November 2009 at 07:07.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Update of Friday

Hi All,
Just returned from my marriage. Could not update you all from long time. Infact bike is ready and being tested by my mechanic in delhi for 300 kms. But the sad news is i could not see the finished product as the day bike reached to my hometown i reached delhi. But i will get pictures of the bike in two days time. i got to know from my brother that bike is running well and some damage has hppened to it while transporting to MP.

Meanwhile i am attaching some WIP pictures of bike. Bike is being painted in two tone shades Dark Green and cream White. I have also put a stand sort of thing on petrol tank to cover it from scratches. Enjoy.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0025.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0028.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0029.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0030.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-dsci0031.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 20:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Are wah this paint scheme is looking amazing
Old 12th December 2009, 01:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Desideep,
I am planning to put two side saddle bags infact i have already orederd. Let's see how overall package looks.

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Are wah this paint scheme is looking amazing
Old 12th December 2009, 12:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Janab how much did this paint Jb cost... and from where if you would not mind sharing.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Painter took 4000 rs for paint work excludes labor charges for opening and assembling. I got it done from my old painter which worked on my previous bike @ GovindPuri.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks