Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 15:06   #1
TDC
BHPian

Cam Dial Gauge in Mumbai?

Hi guys. Does anyone know a workshop, garage or individual in Mumbai who has a cam dial gauge who can map the cams on my Enfield Bullet?

I'd got a set of cams made by Anthony in Juhu and would like the details of whats it doing in order for port and exhaust tuning. If anyone has been down this road before some heads up will be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC View Post
Hi guys. Does anyone know a workshop, garage or individual in Mumbai who has a cam dial gauge who can map the cams on my Enfield Bullet?

I'd got a set of cams made by Anthony in Juhu and would like the details of whats it doing in order for port and exhaust tuning. If anyone has been down this road before some heads up will be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance.
TDC,

You can't really port an Enfield. Already, you are running on oversize ports which have an opposite taper that will slow the flow if try porting it. All you can do is polish the head to smooth out the flow and even out the burrs. IIRC, Anthony made the cams. He should be able to map them too. Am I missing something here. Indianchief, a member at RDD must be having a cam dial.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 25th November 2009 at 18:03.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:47   #3
TDC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
TDC,

You can't really port an Enfield. Already, you are running on oversize ports which have an opposite taper that will slow the flow if try porting it. All you can do is polish the head to smooth out the flow and even out the burrs. IIRC, Anthony made the cams. He should be able to map them too. Am I missing something here. Indianchief, a member at RDD must be having a cam dial.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Jay. I wish to tune the inlet and exhaust tract length for a higher RPM. Anthony doesn't have one. What is this "RDD" and how do i get in touch with Indianchief? Mahesh at Shivaji Park has a dial, but I didn't get to speak to him to see if he'll do it. Going there today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks