Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:07   #46
BHPian

Guys i am about to embark on a 3500 kms journey from next week. I wanted to ask you guys what would i do if i encountered a flat tyre. Since this is a tubeless tyre, how do i fix it?

will the roadside tyre repair will fix this puncture or is there any puncture repair kit that i can take along. Please reply guys since ia m starting next week.

The showroom guy says i shouldn`t remove the foreine material and continue to ride with filling air periodically unless i reacvh a MRF tyre shop or a Bajaj service station. What do u guys say?
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

3500 kms is a lot, I would suggest putting slime in the tyre to avoid any punctures.

The puncture repair kit is not of much use if you dont have air guy nearby.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
3500 kms is a lot, I would suggest putting slime in the tyre to avoid any punctures.

The puncture repair kit is not of much use if you dont have air guy nearby.
Can you please elaborate on the 'slime' technology please. Off late I have been hearing a lot that the soft compound tyres are prone to punctures when heated up. So if this could reduce the chances then it would be wonderful.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is a liquid which can be put in tire. Please check this website for details Slime Tire Sealant

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd December 2009 at 20:46.
Old 13th December 2009, 21:07   #50
BHPian

Guys i finished my 3000 kms. trip today evening. The ride was excellent with absolutely no problem what so ever. Zero downtime.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:39   #51
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Guys i finished my 3000 kms. trip today evening. The ride was excellent with absolutely no problem what so ever. Zero downtime.
Hi Abbas, firstly congratulations on this 3k amazing ride. Personally I'm really eager to hear about the entire trip, travelogue with pics, things and places you saw on the way, how the bike handled throughout the journey, any niggles etc.

I'm also eager to buy the P220, just have to decide when. Was planning this month and now I'm hearing that Bajaj might launch another version without the complete fairing a.k.a. naked like the other pulsars. If that's true, I'd rather wait for them to release the new variant (although I hope they keep the projector headlamps included, which IMHO are the best headlamps on any Indian bike). Let me know your thoughts.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:13   #52
BHPian

congrats abbas. nice to hear about ur trip getting over without a hitch. do let me know about what u did with the chain! no punctures? wow!
Old 15th December 2009, 09:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Congrats on your successful ride mate! Hope you are already typing out the detailed travelogue in the travelogue section.. Will be waiting for it!!

Good to hear that the bike performed without a hitch!!

Quick update from me.. Finished a 120km round trip over the weekend. Nothing much in terms of destination but the ride and the roads is what made it an amazing trip. Touched 115kmph on the speedo. Though there was some more throttle left, ran out of road.

One thing i noticed was that cruising at speeds of 90-95kmph is the comfort zone for my bike.. Beyond that its good for certain speed bursts but not to cruise on 105-110 on highways... It gets boomy and vibes creep in to the foot pegs and also under the seat..

When I went to book the Splendor+ for the family, I spoke to the salesman about ZMR who said that the bike was tested in cruising speeds of 105-110kmph continuously for 24 hours.. I was amazed at that!!
Old 15th December 2009, 10:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
One thing i noticed was that cruising at speeds of 90-95kmph is the comfort zone for my bike.. Beyond that its good for certain speed bursts but not to cruise on 105-110 on highways... It gets boomy and vibes creep in to the foot pegs and also under the seat..

When I went to book the Splendor+ for the family, I spoke to the salesman about ZMR who said that the bike was tested in cruising speeds of 105-110kmph continuously for 24 hours.. I was amazed at that!!
IMHO, cruising at speeds of 105-110 kmph or even 90-95kmph is just a disaster waiting to happen. Just think of what could happen (tyre burst, a truck ahead having a tyre burst and moving into your lane, a car collision ahead, cattle crossing...) It just needs to happen once...then Finito
Old 15th December 2009, 10:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
IMHO, cruising at speeds of 105-110 kmph or even 90-95kmph is just a disaster waiting to happen. Just think of what could happen (tyre burst, a truck ahead having a tyre burst and moving into your lane, a car collision ahead, cattle crossing...) It just needs to happen once...then Finito
Totally agree.. I was trying out the bikes abilities based on a few reviews read on other forums. I normally ride at 75-80kmph on the highway rides.

And the ZMR one about cruising at 105-110 was from the showroom guy.. So we can take it with a pinch of salt!!
Old 15th December 2009, 10:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abbas. That would have been a great trip. Waiting for the detailed travelogue and bike review.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abbas, Please share the trip log

Cruising at ~110 on a P220 & ZMA is absolutely safe provided you have a clear road ahead, these bikes are performance machines & everything including the tyres are designed to sustain such speeds.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Abbas, Please share the trip log

Cruising at ~110 on a P220 & ZMA is absolutely safe provided you have a clear road ahead, these bikes are performance machines & everything including the tyres are designed to sustain such speeds.
"Cruising" necessarily means that you are staying at approximately that speed for a sustained period. You are unlikely to be blessed with a clear road ahead for more than a few minutes in India.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Depends on what is your understanding of cruising.

On my trip to Hyderabad a few years ago I was comfortably cruising at 110-120 kph, this means I was maintaining this speed for good part of my journey & slowing down as & when the need be.

Atleast in Maharashtra we have many such roads, infact the roads leading to Goa, Karnataka, MP & AP are also in such condition
Old 15th December 2009, 15:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
"Cruising" necessarily means that you are staying at approximately that speed for a sustained period. You are unlikely to be blessed with a clear road ahead for more than a few minutes in India.
That true if ur on a relatively slow bike, on bike like Karizma and 220 its quite easy and safe to cruise at speedo indicated 110 to 120.. again it also depends a lot on the driver skill and reaction time..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks