Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 10:55   #16
BHPian

Open Secret

! Rant Warning !

Have we Indians come down to this. What happened to the time when being a show off was frowned upon, people had more money then they show cased and bikes had more power then what they pretended to have.

This is what companies like HH , HMSI etc particularly HH think about Indian men.

' I want a bike that looks powerful & looks expensive. I would like some power as well but the bike should look 10 X the power. I don't mind if I lose some of the performance for the sake of looks by adding pseudo scoops and fairings and cheap alloys., etc which add a lot of weight but nil performance benefit.
And did I mention , I will blindly buy what most of the others are purchasing and will not do any real homework or have a good understanding of the product and do comparison shopping.
All you will have to do to release a new bike is matte black the chrome bits or chrome the matte black bits, ( HH bent this rule by painting the black bits bight RED ) and increase the surface area of stickering and I will believe true to my heart that its an entirely new vehicle.

And one more thing, I will go about asking for mileage of any new bike on the road, even for the PS - BS versions and if they say anything less than 60 kmpl, I will look at him like a loser even if the guy is riding a Busa.'

What happen to the times when manufacturers upgraded the bikes by really upgrading ( Samurai,Shaolin, Shogun - Yam 100 ,135 , 135 five speed etc) or released pure no nonsense ( read no stupid weight increasing addons ) sleeper bike like the RD350. I am sure if the companies could do these then , they can do it now when the industry , design and manufacturing technologies have grown leaps and bounds.

There are products which are slight aberrations to the above like the recent Yamaha launches ( but got back to Indian formula with the Frazer) and the soon to be launched TVS Jive .
I am sure most of the most of you reading this will not agree with the biker mentality I described above, thats because you are not Indian men you are T Bhpmen . The astronomical prices used RDs command show that there is a small ( 0.0001%) auto enthusiast community who are in it for reasons other then showing off.

! End rant!
Old 4th December 2009, 22:34   #17
BHPian

@GreenMachine, at least spare the TVS Jive from that list. It is a genuine no nonsense new bike we have seen off late.

And guys, do you really think that the tiny 110cc vario-matic gear, centrifugal clutch, belt drive forced air cooled Activa engine that moves 10" wheels would make it on to a bike? Even if it has to, it would undergo major design changes to the gears, clutch, drive-train (effectively most of the crank case is changed)?

err, unless this bike is coming up as a gear less one or even clutch less one like the TVS Jive?
Old 5th December 2009, 09:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
It is a genuine no nonsense new bike we have seen off late.
Exactly my thoughts , Jive is one of the truly innovative products by an Indian bike maker. Hope it it does not fail due to our obsession with mileage.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB Twister launched

CB Twister

As you read it, Honda is launching the CB Twister in Delhi.CB Twister powered by a 110cc engine. The engine develops 9bhp of maximum power at 8000rpm and 9Nm of maximum torque at 6000rpm. Honda claims CB Twister returns a mileage of 70kmpl. CB Twister 110cc comes with tubeless tyres and the styling is based on CB1000RR.

CB Twister will be available in three variants – CB Twister kick start,alloy wheels and drum brake, CB Twister Electric start,alloy wheels and drum brake, CB Twister Electric start,alloy wheels and disc brake. CB Twister uses 240mm disc brake at the front. Suspension at the front is telescopic fork and at the rear is coil spring. Tyre at the front 70/100 -17 and at the rear is 100/80 -17. Like other Honda products, instrumentation is analogue. It also lacks tachometer, LED tail lamps and gas charged suspension. An analogue speedo and fuel gauge forms instrumentation. CB Twister base variant is priced very competitively Rs42,000 (ex-showroom Delhi). CB Twister will be available in five colours – pearl night star black,pearl fujy blue, pearl amble yellow,candy comic green and pearly siena red.

CB Twister 110cc will be available only from February 2010.

The headlamp assembly looks exactly like Pulsar 135. Were they cloned?

I think the engine is same as in activa. Has sharp styling. I quite like it.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:48   #20
BHPian

I will be purchasing a commuter coming March. This would be one more option to explore
Old 16th December 2009, 23:10   #21
BHPian

Regarding headlamp assembly honda having the own design, pulsay 135 got it from honda.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:34   #22
BHPian

there is a difference between the headlamps of the twister and the P135- bajaj calls theirs "bikini styled headlamps" and Honda are sensible enough not to.
Old 27th December 2009, 21:25   #23
BHPian

Flaky

Sorry guys...have you seen the pics...the plastic tank cowls on the side look flaky...and hope the inspiration for the design was not based on the VFR.
Old 27th December 2009, 21:54   #24
BHPian

Going by Honda's engine quality, this should be a joy to ride
Old 27th December 2009, 22:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

check out the air filter
Old 19th January 2010, 20:53   #26
BHPian

The pricing details are up on their website, it's priced onpar with Shine, wonder why. They should have priced the Twister a couple of thousand below the shine according to me.
Old 20th January 2010, 04:09   #27
BHPian

The base price is 42K. I think it is lower than shine. But this version will not have any disc brake and no auto start options.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:46   #28
BHPian

Just called up Om Sai Honda and they said the bike will be on display in a day or two.
I asked them about Unicorn and they said the waiting period is 60 to 75 days! Isn't that too long for a bike in production for the 5th year?
Old 9th February 2010, 19:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Just called up Om Sai Honda and they said the bike will be on display in a day or two.
I asked them about Unicorn and they said the waiting period is 60 to 75 days! Isn't that too long for a bike in production for the 5th year?
It has become a standard 'mantra' for them for years and it is not easy for them to go away from that standard. They will not produce/deliver bikes without waiting period.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:56   #30

Well the engine is not same as Activa. Its completely different and what I have heard is that it is specially made for Indian conditions.

The Activa engine completely different from this one in every component.

The pricing is high because I think Hero Honda must have bullied them not to come in same bracket as their bread N butter Splendor.

The dealer says that the mileage is around 80kmpl in std conditions and we will get at least 70kmpl on road.

Waiting eagerly for same.

Most Viewed