Team-BHP - CB Twister - Honda's 110 cc offering spied EDIT - Now Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   CB Twister - Honda's 110 cc offering spied EDIT - Now Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/70559-cb-twister-hondas-110-cc-offering-spied-edit-now-launched.html)

Spy pics of Honda's 110 cc bike from BSMotoring. The bike looks stunning, creating entirely a new segment. The engine looks tiny for the size of the bike. It is more or less a scaled down version of CB300.

Looks weird to me but I guess it will sell anyways. Its a HONDA.

Thanks for sharing.

for sure the pics are not in india

To me it looks rather boring and pretty much on the same lines as a lot of other bikes in the market. Bring on something a bit more of a looker,and that would work.

Hmm...looks like they are going after the Passion market and not the Dawn market. Remains to be seen if its going to move the tech bar up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1609109)
for sure the pics are not in india

the vegetation kind of looks like its in india. :)
Looks okay. Not sure if so much jazz really works on a 110cc commuter. Bajaj has already tried most tricks in the books but HH continues to sell by droves. Their bikes continue to remain sticker jobs of the good old CD100 but sales charts refuse to turn downwards.

I feel that the bike is looking weird and disproportional. Look at the motor and silencer. They are too small for the bike. Next, what are they tragetting ? Passion ? Or Glamor ?

110cc segment was once explored by Bajaj and TVS. They were both initially successful, but later on 100cc ruled. Currently 100cc bajaj and HH offerings are ruling. This bike has very limited scope of success. The only bike its going to affect is CBFstunner.

It would make more sense if they plonk in the Uni engine in this and sell it as new Uni.

Also IMHO, the bike has close resemblance to CBZ Xtreme and hunk.

Yawn X 10 ! Wake up Honda!

This could be the new 100 cc bike than Honda is planning to launch next year. Looks like they have learned a trick or two from HH. Same engine from the new Activa doing duty here !

Looks like a mosquito on wheels. Boring!

a smaller shine on offering!! nothing exciting :(

interesting colour!! but what is up with al these bike makers!! first bajaj makes a 135cc pulsar and now this!! please gives us some more performance oriented bikes!!

Hmm Unless this bike gives excellent mileage or the engine is much cheaper than the existing 125cc engine I fail to understand why would they introduce a new engine & not use the existing 125cc engine from Shine & Stunner?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1612485)
Hmm Unless this bike gives excellent mileage or the engine is much cheaper than the existing 125cc engine I fail to understand why would they introduce a new engine & not use the existing 125cc engine from Shine & Stunner?

HMSI had said long ago that their next offering would be a 100cc bike. They want to be present in all 3 segements 100cc, 125cc and 150cc. That said it is a surprise that they are going with the 110cc engine from the Activa. I was expecting an a new 100cc unit from the Honda stable. The 110cc unit is probably to keep costs down.(cheaper to use an existing engine line than to bring in a new engine altogether) But Honda is defifnitely going to charge a premium for their offering so they might have thought - at least let's give him 10 more cc for the premium we are charging.:D But this thing needs to be fuel efficient (at least 60-65 kmpl in actual riding conditions) otherwise it's going to be Hero Honda who'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Good catch there, it didnt strike me that they already have a mass production 110 cc motor with them making the cost of investment low.

I hope they dont get too carried away in their pricing.