Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2005, 23:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
if i remember correctly, it's a one-up three-down pattern (talkin' about the 250 classic)....
Yes it is. Did someone say all down?

PS: This is a bike that doesnt need a battery either. Electrics are bare basics so its quite easy to fool around with.
Old 15th September 2005, 00:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
BTW, how is your RD doing? Yamaha is planning to open up another arm to service vehicles other than those sold by YMIL. Any idea if RDs will be covered?
My RD is doing fine. I was planning to post some pics and stuff during this visit but I didnt carry my digital cam and more importantly I didnt get the digital ignition that Chinoy promised me before I left. I was quite pissed off and didnt quite feel inclined towards the RD, especially since I paid upfront for the ignition kit like everyone else.

I dont know if Yamaha will open another arm to service RDs, but my trusted mechanic in Trichur is the only one I will take the bike to - Yamaha or no Yamaha. The guy does a thorough job and knows his stuff - his garage is full of old Sunbeams, Nortons, Matchlesses, BSAs, BMWs, Triumphs, Indians, Bullets and RDs. He loves the old bikes which make do without all of today's technical wizardary and every one of the bikes that are done at his garage look like brand new...
Old 15th September 2005, 03:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey is this Ron Chinoy of RD Dreams fame?
Old 15th September 2005, 08:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey is this Ron Chinoy of RD Dreams fame?
Yeah. Same dude - met him personally on my last visit to B'lore. Doesnt seem to have helped, though.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey Steeroid u are a lucky man.

I was strictly asked to stay away from the enfields, yezdis and the rd350.

but I have driven them all. Rd is a rocket. Yezdi is a lambo compared to the rocket and enfields are like rolls-royce.

I like the rocket the most because the day I test rode it I felt like being lifted from the seat by the excellent pickup.

yezdis I know have the same front and rear tyre too.
remember the movie kabhi haan kabhi naa" where shahrukh khan drives a yezdi which also has a spare tyre?
Old 12th October 2005, 02:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

I last heard there is a court case going on in the mysore court on Yezdi. What is the final result. Will the company ever be back. I asked this question as the website is still functional.

How about sending an email?????

I think Yezdi would be the first Indian motorcycle manufacturer to have a website.

Most Viewed