Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 23:44   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@Rollin

Refer to Randhawa's thread for his figures. If my memory serves me well... I think it was 35 kmpl when he bought the bike, but it dropped down to 25 kmpl in the cold winters.

My 350 continues to give me figures in the mid 40s.
Good! Now I am happy I booked 350.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:46   #182
Senior - BHPian

@Essyouwe-

1.There is no way your caliper will touch the rotor. Probably your front disc pads are rubbing against the rotor. Actually mine has been doing the same for quite a while but I never bothered till now.

Cause-Either wrapped rotor or jammed caliper pins or piston.

2.Fork sleeve scrapping- Just get the sleeve aligned properly and thats all to it.

3.Thump should increase rather then decreasing as more your ride, more carbon deposit and the thump gets rich. Check for exhaust leak between the bend and the exhaust.

4. Check out the audio(not the video one) file in my CL review, if you have the same then I'll explain you the reason behind it.

Is it only on acceleration and under 60km/hr?

@rollin- Mine never gave more then 32km/l and now its hovering around 25-30km/L.

Last edited by Randhawa : 16th February 2010 at 00:03.
Old 16th February 2010, 08:14   #183
BHPian

Quote:
@Rollin

Refer to Randhawa's thread for his figures. If my memory serves me well... I think it was 35 kmpl when he bought the bike, but it dropped down to 25 kmpl in the cold winters.

My 350 continues to give me figures in the mid 40s.
Randhawa has now clarified that he never got more than 32 kmpl.

In fact, I think stnair's figures are possibly the 350's, not the 500's.

By the way, your bike looks FANTASTIC!!

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 16th February 2010 at 08:18.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there is slight rustling sound and it stops rotating
Try cleaning and lubricating the caliper pin for free movement as other have already suggested. Also, ensure wheel bearings are not the culprit for "jammed" rotation.

If the resistance is not "serious", do not loose sleep over it. Try this- run the bike for 5-6 KMs with moderate speed, do NOT use front brakes. Stop the bike and try to touch the brake rotor (disc). If it is not warm/hot- means friction due to brake pads touching it is not high enough- you can ignore and ride on. It should go away on its own after sometime. However, if the disc feel "hot" (even without using front brake)- means the resistance (friction) is severe and you should get it attended- yours must be in warranty?

-BJ
Old 16th February 2010, 13:54   #185
BHPian

if ii am not wrong the CL350 does come with a fuel level.indicator
now this will obviously be due to the float built in the tank or something similar. can anyone post the electrical diagram from the manual for the same
Old 16th February 2010, 19:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys...

Went to the RE workshop and got things fixed.

The pads were removed, scrubbed and put back. The revolutions are much better now.

The front mudguard was bent back into shape.

I requested the guy to tune the carb to slightly rich. He did it quite quickly, I hope he didn't screw it up.

I completed 1000 kms today. Yay!

@Iron

No it does not.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:01   #187
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th February 2010 at 13:31.
mustang89 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th February 2010, 20:32   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I think stnair's figures are possibly the 350's, not the 500's.
I also dont believe it but The review is of 500. See the 3rd page of review posted below

Royal-Enfield-Bullet-Classic-500-Spunky-Thumper,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

@EssYouWee, Congrats on the 1000!. Keep going
Old 16th February 2010, 20:41   #189
BHPian

Question on Front Forks

RE Experts Pl clear a small doubt of mine- Sorry if my query is dumb.

Electra (and TBTS) are having Telescopic front Shock absorbers while Classic and others are having the traditional sleeved type. How does it compare with each other? Is the Telescopic forks better than the other in terms of riding comfort, durability etc or vice versa?
Old 16th February 2010, 21:08   #190
BHPian

Im pretty sure the sleeve is just a dust cover, and underneath, it is the same telescopic as the other bikes. Although I have heard that they have changed the spring/damping variables of the Classic's suspension. Have not confirmed this though.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Im pretty sure the sleeve is just a dust cover, and underneath, it is the same telescopic as the other bikes. Although I have heard that they have changed the spring/damping variables of the Classic's suspension. Have not confirmed this though.
In that case if I put a sleeve on Electra fron forks, it will look the same as the Classic and other RE?

By the way, Here is the link for that review where RS CL500 claims a Fuel efficiency of 40.78. Royal-Enfield-Bullet-Classic-500-Spunky-Thumper,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

I posted this link in another post but cant find it now. Mods- Have you deleted it? If its not ok to paste links, then you may delete it again.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:39   #192
BHPian

atlast you are at the 1000 mark , too good to see your problem got fixed.. so when you are coming ? lol
Old 17th February 2010, 00:38   #193
Senior - BHPian

@Stnair and Shan

Hehe! Thanks.

I am still looking for a nice helmet. Will surely try and get to Doon on the bike without telling my folks.

The engine and exhaust note has not improved. I am guessing it'll take another 20-30 kms for the new carb settings to impact it.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:27   #194
BHPian

@EssYouWee, @Randhawa

Why are you people so quiet? Have you stopped riding your Bulls? For people like me who booked it and are waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting to get the bike, reading your experiences is the only relief.

So please update !
Old 24th February 2010, 16:10   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
@EssYouWee, @Randhawa

Why are you people so quiet? Have you stopped riding your Bulls? For people like me who booked it and are waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting to get the bike, reading your experiences is the only relief.

So please update !
I was doing same 2 months back . Let me update, my wife has been complaining about pillion not being wide enough which is one of the root causes for leg and back pain on long rides. All bullets' pillion seats are narrow unlike rider seats, no one complains . I have given it for modifications and will be receiving it in the evening today. I have asked him to make it a bit wide at rear end, will post pics soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks