Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 15:11   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhemn View Post
Your seat does look wide and comfy...I was under the impression that a good quality set of springs under the seat, combined with the regular shocks, would provide a comfortable ride. Perhaps this is not the case.

What sort of handlebar do you have on yours?
Some Wide - Deluxe Handle bar for Std with bar-end weights
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dsc00641.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 17:39   #212
BHPian

Nice one.

I reckon the stock handlebars of the C350/500 aren't the best when it comes to long journeys. I've been reading about how it does induce strain near the shoulders and upper arm.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 24th March 2010, 19:02   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Below is seat I have been riding with & it provides a beautiful support to the lower back ensuring no lower/upper back pains at all, irrespective of the distance or quality of ride. FYI - I have not used springs but regular 3 Inch Stays as I did not really trust the quality & durability of the springs available around.

But, I would also give the credit to the high handle position which also plays a major role in upright sitting position which is perpendicular to the road.
The seat looks awesome. It should be like sitting on a sofa and riding

I have the vintage spring loaded seats in my bull, it's too stiff for long rides. I'm dying to get my hands on one like yours, where did you manage to get them?
Old 24th March 2010, 19:15   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhemn View Post
Nice one.

I reckon the stock handlebars of the C350/500 aren't the best when it comes to long journeys. I've been reading about how it does induce strain near the shoulders and upper arm.

Any thoughts on this?
I agree with you here, thats the reason why changing to little higher handle bar would help reduce the stress on shoulders, hence giving a comfortable ride.

The concern here is - what about the cables that would be needed to be changed? Would switching to the Machismo cable for Disk Brake along with other cables which might otherwise be shorter on CL350 by default make a good fit?

We can seek some help from our bullet gurus on board here.

@jingaboysr - It indeed is like a sofa. Great comfort and support are the highlights of this seat.

We have a guy in mumbai who does a great job with these seats. If you are planning a trip down or have someone travelling back you can get one made. He can deliver within 48 hours and you have wide range you can choose from considering your preferences.

PM if you need more details or plan to get it done.

Last edited by mantrig : 24th March 2010 at 19:19.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:19   #215
BHPian

And how about the handlebar , where did you source it from ? Is it same as that of RD350 ?
Old 24th March 2010, 21:38   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECL350 View Post
And how about the handlebar , where did you source it from ? Is it same as that of RD350 ?
Yes it is the same handle bar as that of RD but it has been customized to accomodate the bar-end weights too.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:46   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

I heard the note without a helmet on for the first time.

It sounds like someone's having a fight in the kitchen. Stupid clanking sound. I am now so jealous of the CI's note and its ability to putter around.

Still not giving up hope.

The upper revs (right before one shifts) are getting visibly smoother. It takes forever to warm up though. I idle for 5 minutes before leaving home and it still passes out at at least the next 2-3 signals.

Thankfully no oil leaks yet.

Lesson of the day: Never go riding at night without gloves.

I got my bike two days back and seem to be having the same problem. The clanking/rattling (like a ticker), sometimes is from the start and sometimes around 35-40kmph (basically now and then),but mostly while accelerating. Should i be worried or let it be?
Btw is that noise from your bike gone?
Old 25th March 2010, 06:07   #218
Senior - BHPian

I usually used to have it with a warmed up engine at idling. If you are feeling the same while accelerating, I would firstly recommend that you reduce your acceleration. Sudden spurts in speed aren't good for the engine during the run-in.

Keep varying the speeds gradually.

Well, it has reduced a bit in my Bull.

Just run-in it in nice and smooth and most of your problems will be solved.

Cheers!
Old 25th March 2010, 15:46   #219
BHPian

I barely even touched 50 till now, and not hard on the throttle too. Checked it again today its like a continuous clicking sound, but not only while accelerating, and seems out of place, or is that how it sounds.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:55   #220
Senior - BHPian

Can you post a video by any chance?

The best course of action would be to check out another's Classic. If you feel its an engine related sound, you can even compare it with the TBTS.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2010, 13:29   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
In that case if I put a sleeve on Electra fron forks, it will look the same as the Classic and other RE?
You cannot put the sleeve on the Electra Front forks for the mudguards on the front wheel are different - they are attached to the forks in the electra - So, adding a sleeve is not possible as the sleeve will hit the mudguard when the vehicle goes over a bump - will damage both the sleeve and the mudguard.

You may consider going for the the rubber sleeve that you get on the machismos - it is very difficult to get the original one though.

Cheers
Old 26th March 2010, 16:56   #222
BHPian

Classic 500 Thump.

Quote:

The best course of action would be to check out another's Classic. If you feel its an engine related sound, you can even compare it with the TBTS.

Cheers!
Guys,seek a little help.
I have been following this thread also as I too own a Classic 500 with an up swept.Like you,I have also experienced a clatter in the sound produced specially when the engine is cold,something annoying other than the exhaust sound.
I am posting the link of my uploaded video for the same,kindly check & see if that is normal:

P.S:This is relatively on warm engine,bike has covered 2000 on ODO.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:50   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
You cannot put the sleeve on the Electra Front forks for the mudguards on the front wheel are different - they are attached to the forks in the electra - So, adding a sleeve is not possible as the sleeve will hit the mudguard when the vehicle goes over a bump - will damage both the sleeve and the mudguard.

You may consider going for the the rubber sleeve that you get on the machismos - it is very difficult to get the original one though.

Cheers
Thanks for the info. I didnt notice that.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:14   #224
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
I took a video and made a voice recording, but its very difficult to notice the clatter so didnt mind posting it, btw its almost like the sound as in the above C500's, only thing is that it persists throughout (tak.tak.tak.tak.tak...). Went down to the service center and one of the mechanics told me the engine sounds normal. But i doubt if he understood what sound i was talking about or maybe thats how it should be and im just breaking my head!
Will wait and see how it turns out after the first service.

Cheers!
Old 27th March 2010, 00:42   #225
Senior - BHPian

@Terminator

Your bull sounds fine to me. But then I am not an expert nor do I think any expert would be able to help you with it through a sound clip.
What I was hearing was more of a bell tolling sound. That hasn't caused much of an issue. I have attributed it to the lower sound deadening ability of these alloy engines as compared to the CI ones.

@Dhruva

Your best bet would be to compare it with another CL owner. Take someone's contact from your dealer and check out their Bull.
Plus, you should wait till the first service. Things change after that.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 27th March 2010 at 00:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks