Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 20:41   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I got the upswept exhaust.

The exhaust note does not even remotely match my expectations. However, it does make the Classic sound more like a Bullet.
Its actually louder than I expected. :(
I wanted a quite but a bassy one. I guess I knew going in that it won't work out.

Anyways, I might revert back to the OE one.

Will be getting my second service done tomorrow. The Bull has done around 2000 kms.

Cheers!
More Bass = Indore or Chennai bottle silencer.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 14th April 2010, 20:43   #257
Senior - BHPian

It is quite difficult to get one that fits the Classic bend pipe.

Are these custom made?

Does a rubber baffle help?
Old 14th April 2010, 20:53   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Jay,

Any idea where can I buy OKS spray in Pune?

tia,

-BJ
The Probiker folks in the MG road-camp area have it and so do a few shops in Nanapeth. Don't remember the names though. In PCMC, the Poona scooter house(who also owns probiker) in Chinchwad has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
Thanks Jay, guess he said that cause he washes his bike every week, so the need to lube it often.Btw what do you use to clean the chain?
Regards.
Honestly, I don't the clean the chain. The chap at the pressure wash place blasts the chain with water. He is an oldie and try as I might, he doesn't stop doing it and I have given up. I ride back home which is under 2 Kms and spray it with OKS. However, the right way to do(remove grime/dirt) it is with a toothbrush and a rag with some kerosene/diesel at hand. This will work if you wash your Bull yourself but the pressure wash guys invariably end up washing your chain as well.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 14th April 2010, 21:04   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
It is quite difficult to get one that fits the Classic bend pipe.

Are these custom made?

Does a rubber baffle help?
Not custom made. They are generic mufflers. Down south, Paramount and Classic makes it. I'm not sure about the Indore ones. Saurabh(Sans) might be able to help you sourcing one that will suit your bend pipe's outer dia. Try talking to him. The rubber baffle won't help much but the huger rubber "tiger" mudguard will. Obviously you won't like the latter. For my part, I will talk to the distributor here in BLR tomorrow and see if the short bottle for the CL350 is available.

About the bass, the bass the UCE produces even with the Indore/Chennai bottle muffler will be something that is more racy than relaxed. I just had the opportunity of riding a 4S Electra all day yesterday and imho there is nothing more relaxing than the STD350/Electra's steady thump.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 15th April 2010, 19:36   #260

All,

The new picture of the classic 350 has a short silencer and also no Kick start. Does any one have some more information on it?

Royal Enfield Classic 350 India | Classic 350 Motorcycles
Old 15th April 2010, 21:38   #261
BHPian

by the way why have they changed the silencer only for the 350? is there any reason for this
Old 15th April 2010, 21:52   #262
Senior - BHPian

And just a day after I get an upswept, I find out that they have brought out a short bottle!

Wow. I wonder how I always get so lucky.

2nd service done today. Composing a post summarizing the experience till now.

Cheers. (Actually I am pretty pissed off right now)

PS: They have also changed the Classic font. The image looks weird, sort of like it isn't authentic.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 15th April 2010 at 21:54.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:35   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
by the way why have they changed the silencer only for the 350? is there any reason for this
Market positioning. Now Upswept is marketed with C500 only- to have that exclusivity.
Old 15th April 2010, 23:09   #264
BHPian

@essyouwee : Dont worry man, if you dont like the upswept, change it to short bottle , any special things done at service ?
Old 15th April 2010, 23:20   #265
Senior - BHPian

@Shantanu

My folks are flipping at me already! I don't think they'll let me change the exhaust anytime soon.

Did you find anyone willing to?

I got the oil and the filter changed. Changed the handlebar's angle. Re-tuned the bike. All in all not much.

I am really not very happy with the RE service. I haven't had many problems but at times the mechanics seem to be applying guesswork rather than any real expertise.

They did create a lot of issue about the month long delay in the 2nd service.
Old 16th April 2010, 20:38   #266
BHPian

Petrol leaking from tap

One day I had filled 10ltr petrol and after a week when i removed the body cover noticed lot of petrol spilled all over the engine, petrol tap was leaking. Its happening from day one but I never noticed. My office is nearby and I use a bicycle for daily commuting, it is taken out only on weekends or on occasional long rides. It was first time I had filled more than 10ltr and parked it covered for a week. Without the body cover it evaporates and goes unnoticed. Initially thought it could be loose bolt and tightened it; forgot it for some days. Then noticed drop in mileage. More petrol more leakage. I started filling full tank only on the high ways on long rides; it is always in reserve otherwise. Recent mileage figure dropped to an all time low of 31kmpl. I took the tap off the tank today and noticed petrol is leaking from one of the body-nuts[tap is held by 2 bolts which are screwed to 2 body-nuts]; there must be a hole in the body-nut joint inside tank. Amount of leakage is may be around 10-20ml per day with the bolts fully screwed. I am planning to complain about this in the 3rd service which is after 1000km more. I don't think it can be fixed easily, it would be better if I could get the tank replaced under warranty. Has anybody faced this issue, hope its not the case with your bikes, check once.
Old 16th April 2010, 21:07   #267
Senior - BHPian

Nope, thankfully nothing of this sort at my end.

Why are you waiting? This is a potentially dangerous situation! Go and get it rectified at the earliest! And make sure you raise a stink about it with RE.

PS: Couldn't you smell the petrol generally?
Old 16th April 2010, 21:56   #268
Senior - BHPian

@RECL350- As per RE official unofficially told me that every 10 fuel tank made, one turns out faulty. I have the same problem and waiting for a new tank. Usually dealer will tell you that they will change it with a new one but in reality they fix it with m-seal and spray paint over the joint. I have seen one tank been done like that of a C5 whose owner was a German and totally unaware of repairs carried out.

Tank is around 6K and your dealer will try every excuse to repair it rather then get you a new one. Make sure you don't get it repaired. Do get in touch with your local RE engineer and Regional Service Manager and e-mail RE as well. It will take three weeks for the tank to arrive unless you can take up this matter with RE and request them to take it as urgent and then you can expect it within a week.
Old 16th April 2010, 23:27   #269

@RECL350. Even I have noticed a drop in mileage when I filled fuel for Rs 500. Also I see fuel marks on the fuel tank cap. I'am not sure if the tap is leaking on its from the cap.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:52   #270
BHPian

Petrol doesn't spill[Unless bike is covered], once it comes out gets evaporated, it goes unnoticed. If the tap is dirty sure there is leak, clean tap,bolts,washers with a cotton; smell and check. 10-20ml per day may not be a significant leak, but is a natural resource wastage. Could some one please pm me Bangalore RE Regional Manager's email id if you have ? I will go speak to RE mechanic.

Most Viewed