Team-BHP - RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/71070-re-classic-350-initial-ownership-3.html)

For heavy traffic, treat is more like a car. With respect and Dignity. Patience goes a long way with Bulls.

I remember a review where it said that the single unit double seat was a lot better suited for comfort of just the rider as well, for touring - as compared to the split seats that seem to be coming with these bikes. Any other experiences on this score?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1622666)
I remember a review where it said that the single unit double seat was a lot better suited for comfort of just the rider as well, for touring - as compared to the split seats that seem to be coming with these bikes. Any other experiences on this score?

Hey Sawyer,
Nice to see you also in this thread. Common vehicles and priorities :D
I've heard the same else where about the twin seats but is it true even with these new OEM seats? I tried a lot to get these twin seats which were coming with Machismo but din't succeed. My wife complains a lot about the single long seat on my Electra 4S. For the rider, no doubt, the single long seats are comfortable. I am only concerned about the seat behind.
Would love to hear about this from SUV (OP).
Cheers,
Deepak

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 1622702)
Common vehicles and priorities :D
I've heard the same else where about the twin seats but is it true even with these new OEM seats? I tried a lot to get these twin seats which were coming with Machismo but din't succeed.
Cheers,
Deepak

Both equally crazy is more like it!
I had heard the comment about the split seats with respect to the OEs for the 500 Machismo where they were sold along with the windscreen etc., that the one piece twin seat was more comfortable for both one up and two up riding. In any case, I have read enough about the new bikes to convince me to stick with my fuss free 500 LB that is now running very well indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 1622377)
Congratulations on the Classic, mate!

This might sound stupid but is it possible to have a single seat instead of the split ones?:stupid:

Hehe! It is possible. I can't find the post number but there is a pic posted by Randhawa where a guy is getting the Electra seat for his Classic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1622666)

That was an opinion on the Classic thread. I haven't driven very long distance yet, but for short rides it is an absolute delight. No discomfort at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 1622702)
Hey Sawyer,
Nice to see you also in this thread. Common vehicles and priorities :D
I've heard the same else where about the twin seats but is it true even with these new OEM seats? I tried a lot to get these twin seats which were coming with Machismo but din't succeed. My wife complains a lot about the single long seat on my Electra 4S. For the rider, no doubt, the single long seats are comfortable. I am only concerned about the seat behind.
Would love to hear about this from SUV (OP).
Cheers,
Deepak

According to my mum, a single seat would be more comfortable. However she says that the cushioning of the seat is good and it is not at all uncomfortable.

The thump is good enough to keep me happy for now. Would have loved it if it had a bit more bass. Still its good!

I haven't ridden a bike regularly for more than 2 years and I am riding this more or less like I drive a car. I was anyways never a big fan of cutting in and out of traffic. Which might just be the reason why I start-stop more than other bikers on the road.

I just came back from a 10-15 km ride on a relatively empty road and it feels absolutely at home cruising at 45-50. I have been varying the speed regularly and will continue the treatment for the first 700 kms.

I'll try and get a video tomorrow. Although I just have a camera on my phone, I'll try and see if anything half decent is possible.

Have a few more pics:

Please notice the really comprehensive toolkit. :Frustrati

That toolkit is good enough for:
Removing Spark Plug
Removing both tires
Tightening the rear view mirrors. Sometimes a small diff may occur in size of nut and spanner.
Horn clamps
Battery assembly
Tighten rear brake.

I don't think it is good enough for removing the spark plug.

I believe this is the toolkit that comes along with the Thunderbird. Apparently, the placement of spark plugs for the classic is different from that in the Thunderbird. This is what a friend told me.

The manual does show more tools that should be provided in the kit. If someone goes to the showroom, can the toolkits there be checked? Thanks a lot!

congrats on owning the Classic.

would like to read more about the driving experience and post some more photos as and when you get time!

Quote:

...notice the really comprehensive toolkit. :Frustrati...
RE is trying to highlight reliability aspect of new bikes, hence few tools in the kit & you guys say :Frustrati.
That's not fair :D

Congrats for the new Bike SUV. this is one nice bike surprised to know that you started off to buy a green 500 and ended up with a black 350. anyways for some days i have been started to bleive a bullet is a bullet... hehehe
take care and enjoy the ride.

and this is the first bullet with SUV title lol :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1623744)
Congrats for the new Bike SUV. this is one nice bike surprised to know that you started off to buy a green 500 and ended up with a black 350. anyways for some days i have been started to bleive a bullet is a bullet... hehehe
take care and enjoy the ride.

Thanks paahji!
I remember all those long arguments over the authenticity of the 'Bullet' name on other REs. They really are a marvel and I respect them all...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan2129 (Post 1623984)
and this is the first bullet with SUV title lol :D

Hehe!

Now once I save enough, I'll buy a Gurkha! The Scorpio is a pansy off-road.

Oh and I am leaving for the RTO office to get the number and registration papers. By the way, is that helmet locking contraption worth using? Do I need any more locks on the Bullet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1624019)

Oh and I am leaving for the RTO office to get the number and registration papers. By the way, is that helmet locking contraption worth using? Do I need any more locks on the Bullet?

Yes they come in handy. But strongly advice against locking and leaving the helmet in the sun.
It will deteriorate the helmet protection lining and reduce its life.

These tools should be enough to get the spark plug out.

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-image0269.jpg

@bblost

Randhawa told me that it does not fit. I haven't tried.

Update:

Just got back from a long day of riding. Absolutely in love with it. Desperately need gloves.

I got the number and the number plate done. Took it for a ride to my college and a bit beyond. Clocked 51 kms today. The odo now reads 101.2 kms.

A lot of people would be dismayed to know this: The seat is uncomfortable for long rides. You bum starts cursing you 45 mins into the ride.

Now suddenly the Electra seat has started making sense.

Any suggestions on improving the comfort of the seat?

It also heats up pretty quick when stationary. So, I have made it a habit of going off if the wait > 30-35 secs.

Now, I am having a very weird problem. I always have used the turn indicators before turning and am doing that now as well. The problem is that I always forget to turn it off!
:Frustrati

Had a close shave today when a d00d decided to show me some sweeping cuts around me in a Santro. Seriously! People are mad. :P

Will try and update the video tomorrow. The thump is disappointing, so no high hopes please!

The spanner shown in above picture opens the twin spark plug but not the 2nd(thinner) plug and the spanner provided for that plug is way too long as it's meant for TBTS with the raised tank.