Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 11:46   #811
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hey guys, it was raining heavily yesterday and i think the bike got overflowed because i kicked a lot and still it didn't start. So i left the bike in office and left for home. Today when i came to office i tried starting it again but it seems it is getting the spark but not getting started. Please tell me how to solve this overflow issue?
Same issue here in the Electra that I use. Although the bike starts after few kicks, there are lot of jerks and misfiring.
Not sure what went wrong due to the rain.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:30   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Same issue here in the Electra that I use. Although the bike starts after few kicks, there are lot of jerks and misfiring.
I got it solved. Called my mechanic he told me on phone to clean the spark plug (it must be wet). So i borrowed the toolkit from a colleague, opened the spark plug and cleaned and voila! it started in one kick.
ricky_1605 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 11:28   #813
BHPian

Guyes please help....My classic 350 is catching rust all over its crome parts... I get to ride it only on weekends that too for abt 4-5 km and i was my her once in two weeks without fail.. I am not all the keen to applying anti rust on my bike coz it just ruins bikes look..So is onyone aware of any substitute for antirust which wont look bad and at the same time do the job.. If i dont get any suggestions i dont have any option but to apply antirust by next weekend..pls help
Old 10th July 2011, 12:54   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Spark plugs might need cleaning. If that doesn't solve things, check if you have water in your fuel tank and float.
Old 10th July 2011, 13:51   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Guyes please help....My classic 350 is catching rust all over its crome parts... I get to ride it only on weekends that too for abt 4-5 km and i was my her once in two weeks without fail.. I am not all the keen to applying anti rust on my bike coz it just ruins bikes look..So is onyone aware of any substitute for antirust which wont look bad and at the same time do the job.. If i dont get any suggestions i dont have any option but to apply antirust by next weekend..pls help
Get 3M Finnet rubbing cream. Apply wherever rust is and rub it till you see no sign of rust then use nickel powder and rub it on chromed parts where you have applied 3M. Your chrome will be as good as new. Avoid water and park it in a garage whenever possible, never let water sit on it for more then a day. Wipe it dry whenever possible.
Old 10th July 2011, 17:33   #816
BHPian

I think it is 3M Finesse-it rubbing compound.....could not find anything by the name of 3M Finnet rubbing cream.....pls check and advise....!!
Old 10th July 2011, 21:17   #817
Senior - BHPian

Correctomundo, indeed it is 3M Finesse-It.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:58   #818
BHPian

Hey Guys, some one from another forum who has not got access to team-bhp has a question regarding his brad new C3; His name is Hardik and following is his query:

"i have a little problem down here my new c350 the petrol tank neck area the paint just got ripped of while tanking up on the first day! :( please help me out and please do ask about it on c3 thread on teambhp if you could about it it will be great help man!
thanks.
hardik"

For any answers on what further steps to take, I thank you guys in advance in his behalf.
Old 11th July 2011, 15:28   #819
BHPian

To give you guys an update on the post above, Hardik got a after -sales call from RE and he mentioned the paint job problem. He was assured that Re would take care of it.

That's great news ... seems RE has a taken on the policy of taking customer satisfaction seriously.
Old 18th July 2011, 01:00   #820
BHPian

Hi Everyone
I thought I would share my experience of a new Classic 350.
Date of Purchase: 4th July 2011
Kms done till date: 650 (1st servicing pending coz of renovation work at the service station, will go tomorrow)
Problems faced till date:
1. Out of focus headlight (facing skywards)
2. tendency of the bike to stall during heavy rains or after going through a pool of water.
3. Abnormal sound of the drive chain (IMO its a bit tight)

Will pay a visit to the SS tomorrow. Hope to sort out the issues. Will update later
Old 21st July 2011, 14:08   #821
BHPian

Hello friends and experts, My bike has gone past the 2500 km mark and during the second service, the idle rpm of my bike was set a bit high from the service station. Back home I adjusted the idle rpm to a comfortable level by turning the screw with the spring on the bottom of the carb. Is there any problem, if by chance the engine idle speed is set lower than specified ? Things like lack of efficient lubrication and the like. Pardon my ignorance.
Regard Adrian
Old 21st July 2011, 16:02   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Hey Guys, some one from another forum who has not got access to team-bhp has a question regarding his brad new C3; His name is Hardik and following is his query:

"i have a little problem down here my new c350 the petrol tank neck area the paint just got ripped of while tanking up on the first day! :( please help me out and please do ask about it on c3 thread on teambhp if you could about it it will be great help man!
thanks.
hardik"

For any answers on what further steps to take, I thank you guys in advance in his behalf.
This is a frequent problem. Just take care to ensure that the flakes don't end up in the fuel. Keep the depressed area dry and clean it after you are done washing.
Also, don't pressure wash the tank. The insulation isn't that great and you will end up with water in the tank.

EDIT: Bring it to the service center's notice. They will touch up the paint at no extra cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Hi Everyone
I thought I would share my experience of a new Classic 350.
Date of Purchase: 4th July 2011
Kms done till date: 650 (1st servicing pending coz of renovation work at the service station, will go tomorrow)
Problems faced till date:
1. Out of focus headlight (facing skywards)
2. tendency of the bike to stall during heavy rains or after going through a pool of water.
3. Abnormal sound of the drive chain (IMO its a bit tight)

Will pay a visit to the SS tomorrow. Hope to sort out the issues. Will update later
Check the tension in your chain. Refer to the manual to see the correct amount of slack required. Also, check if the chain is lubricated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hello friends and experts, My bike has gone past the 2500 km mark and during the second service, the idle rpm of my bike was set a bit high from the service station. Back home I adjusted the idle rpm to a comfortable level by turning the screw with the spring on the bottom of the carb. Is there any problem, if by chance the engine idle speed is set lower than specified ? Things like lack of efficient lubrication and the like. Pardon my ignorance.
Regard Adrian
Arrey sir! You have been a Classic owner for so long. Stop worrying about it. Till the time your bike is idling normally and not dying out on you, its fine. Read up on carb tuning and on a mad day just try to tune the carb yourself. Loads of fun the first time!

Last edited by EssYouWe : 21st July 2011 at 16:06.
Old 21st July 2011, 19:19   #823
BHPian

Hi Everyone

Done the first servicing of the bike. Total expenses were @750 bucks.
Regarding the issues i had mentioned, the drive chain tightness was adjusted, the headlight still points towards the heaven (could not check it out while leaving the SS in the daylight) and haven't ridden in heavy rains either, so cant confirm if the stalling issue is rectified.
Can anyone help with this headlight focus issue. I cant see any adjustment provision nor is it mentioned in the Manual.
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:10   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
the headlight still points towards the heaven (could not check it out while leaving the SS in the daylight) and haven't ridden in heavy rains either, so cant confirm if the stalling issue is rectified.
Can anyone help with this headlight focus issue. I cant see any adjustment provision nor is it mentioned in the Manual.
Its not possible to adjust the focus, I suspect that your bike's reflector or glass might be inverted, i.e., upside down.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:37   #825
BHPian

Hello Friends , here a query , one of my colleague went for first service of his CL 350 the mechanic advised not to use kick start often as this might damage the "second gear box". I didn’t have any clue on this so posting here to get some thoughts on this. What I thought was mechanic is bluffing and there cant be anything like this, on the other side the real fun of Bull is in kick starting and driving.

Cheers !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks