Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 11:29   #1066
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Still no response on my below query, somebody please suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Is it possible to fit a Classic Chrome tank on a CL350?

My friend really likes the looks of a Classic Chrome and is planning to convert his black CL350 to Classic Chrome, so please suggest guys.
Also does anybody know the cost of a new classic chrome tank, read mud guard and front mud guards?

Vijay
Old 11th May 2014, 17:02   #1067
BHPian

Classic series receives new colors -
350 gets Lagoon(Royal Blue) and Ash(Light Greyish), Maroon production stopped.[list] 500 gets Tan, again maroon & the exclusive blue color withdrawn

Logos, stripes, key design changed. IMHO earlier ones look much more authentic, RE should have consulted enthusiasts before implementing such works of art.
Old 25th May 2014, 03:10   #1068
BHPian

Since various miscellaneous questions have been asked on this thread, I too would like to clear a few doubts.

1.I have a Classic 350 UCE. The owner manual says that electric start should be used in the morning or during a cold start. Why kick start is not recommended?
Afterall there was time when Enfields came only with kick start.Can kick start substitute for an electric start.

2.Please suggest the easiest way to lube the chain. Is engine oil a good lubricant for chain. How often should it be lubed.

Mods are requested kindly not to move this post.
Old 25th June 2014, 12:05   #1069

Initial Ownership review - Classic 350

It was a long cherished dream of owning a Royal Enfield. Finally, I got to own the Classic 350 on June 23rd, 2014.

Dealership Experience:

Dealer: Royal Enfield Brand Store, Jayanagar, Bangalore.

Booking and Delivery Experience: I had booked the bull in November last year. Like all others, the wait was really agonizing. I was longing to own one, but the wait just getting longer. After booking the vehicle, its almost like you have to forget that you have booked a vehicle until they call. It was sometime in May when my wife approached the dealer for the status of the booking and he updated that he would deliver in about a month’s time. She wanted us to have the bike delivered on our anniversary, which did not work out for the reasons that is known to all owners of the bull.

Finally I got a call on June 2nd that my bike is allotted. Felt so excited that i wanted to finish up all the formalities as soon as possible. When everything looked in place, my dad made a point. The point was to sell my existing bike (pulsar) before i get the bike delivered (coz of parking constraints). Logically, practically, what he said was right, i had no other go other than accepting. So now, the hunt for the person to buy the existing pulsar started. Finally after 10 days, I got a guy who was interested in the bike. He gave the token advance on June 12th late in the night (one more day lost). But since the purchase was confirmed, i decided to make the payment the next day for the long awaited beast.

I went to the dealer on June 13th evening and made the payment through cheque, signed up all RTO docs and returned home. The wait just got longer. The dealer updated me that he would require 10 working days to deliver the vehicle (God knows why so much time is required when every other dealer of every other brand can give the vehicle on the same day). I kept quite for 3-4 days and started following up on the status of the delivery. Mom had clearly instructed to take the delivery on 23rd June else i had to wait until July 27th for the aashada to get over. (This was getting on my nerves)

Finally, after all the follow-ups, got a call on saturday that vehicle has reached the dealer and i could go for a pre-registration inspection. I visited the showroom on 21st June evening and inspected the vehicle for any visible scratches, dents, any visible oil leaks. Nothing major was visible. all looked good. i did not start the vehicle, just a brief inspection is what i did.

Now the D-Day, left office at 3pm (Had no mood to work anyways ), reached the showroom at about 4:00pm, signed the delivery note, got the demo done, inspected the vehicle with a test ride for brakes and idling levels, checked the oil level, tool kit, medical kit, mirror adjustments and other minute details. After coming out, got a crash guard installed. Wife was lil adamant on having a back rest.

Dealer Rating: 3/5 (Chalta Hai attitude and no updates until 8th day after making the payment. Also, there is no quantifiable reason why they need 10 days after making the payment, at least they did not tell me, they kept telling thats their standard operating procedure ).

A minor hiccup started when that guy removed the seat to put the back rest. The issue was, there are 4 holes in the seat where the screws of the back rest has to be fastened. Out the four, one hole’s thread was jammed and the accessories guy could not tighten the screw. After a lil bit of circus ( redrilled the hole), got the back rest installed. It almost took 1 hour for this and i was getting restless to ride the vehicle .

The First ride: All over, pics taken, the drive started. Home is about 8kms from the showroom. Dad and mom in car, me and wife on the bull. Initially the handling was tough, but with time and distance i felt comfortable. Did not find any major issues. took the vehicle to temple and got the pooja done. took it for a ride and clocked about 35kms on odo on the first day .

3rd day ownership review:

Ride is comfortable so far, i have clocked about 130kms on the odo.
No oil leaks.
Drove for 85 odd km yesterday in peak traffic (EC to ITPL to Silk Board) and understood the reason why people talk about uncomfortable seating, managed it anyways, but need to think about this in the long term.
Handle vibrations persists evidently.
I am little unhappy over idling, I need to visit the service center to see if this can be reduced to a greater level (after telling this during delivery time, I am not sure if that guy reduced the idling or increased it!)
Mirrors vibrate horribly, but I guess this is due to handle bar vibrations.

Changes in 2014 model:

Logo
Odometer design (features remains the same).
Engine feels a lot better (compared to other classics i have driven and even the TD vehicle)
Ammeter design, new logo is in there too.
Key design

Overall:

I am very excited and happy about the vehicle. The issues that i have pointed above are minor and i am sure it can be rectified.

As all know and agree, every enfield is unique to itself and above all, no matter what, we all love this bull

PS: Will post further about ownership after I clock few hundreds km.

Cheers!
Pramod
118pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:19   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape velocity View Post
Since various miscellaneous questions have been asked on this thread, I too would like to clear a few doubts.

1.I have a Classic 350 UCE. The owner manual says that electric start should be used in the morning or during a cold start. Why kick start is not recommended?
Afterall there was time when Enfields came only with kick start.Can kick start substitute for an electric start.

2.Please suggest the easiest way to lube the chain. Is engine oil a good lubricant for chain. How often should it be lubed.

Mods are requested kindly not to move this post.

I spoke to the dealer about this, and he recommends kick start in the morning later followed to any number of the self starts.
Also, the owner manual i have says to use the choke wile kick starting in the cold season.
Old 27th September 2015, 16:16   #1071
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Classic 350 and am having the best time of my life. I have a little favor to ask you all here if you don't mind. The bike is as good as it can be though there is a little problem with the headlight focus. The low beam is bit too high and I am afraid that this is causing inconvenience to traffic from the other direction. As we have scarcity of good mechanics where I stay, I would like to request you all to please share your ideas to rectify the same. DIY's with pictures would be perfect.
Thank you much in advance.
Old 1st October 2015, 20:48   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato710 View Post
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Classic 350 pictures would be perfect.
Thank you much in advance.
Sad that RE still errs with their headlight focus

First of all try a new bulb and see if the problem goes away. If not try the following based on your comfort level

01. Loosen the screw on the top, Pull the outer ring outwards a bit and tighten the screw. The head light will tilt a bit towards the ground. The negative side is that an ugly gap will show between through which water will seep into the nacelle.

02. Remove the headlight assembly, disassemble the clips that holds the reflector to the outer ring and place a small wire between the outer ring and the glass at the lower part and reassemble the whole thing. The negative side is a gap in the lower portion of the head light assembly through which water enters.

03.Take out the mounting ring and grind the mating edge (of the mounting ring) so that it slightly tapers from the top end to the bottom (Do this if you are absolutely sure of what you are doing). On reassembling the ring, you will find that the whole thing tilts downwards and assembling the outer ring with the headlight assembly on this will cause your headlight to point downwards.

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-untitled1.jpg

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-headlight-ring.jpg

regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 1st October 2015 at 21:01.
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 07:50   #1073
BHPian

Hi all. I came across some reads that suggests that Honda Tuff-Up tubes on some of their bikes can almost eliminate the puncture problem. Can those tubes be used for C3? It says that the tubes are 18 inches and they fit the front (19) and rear of C3. Has anyone tried it in this forum? Could you please write on your experience. Thank you very much.
Nagato710 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks