Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 12:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
I doubt that, A person having a living room like that can afford an official busa or can easily pay the duty to the dri

cheers..
Alot of people having living rooms like this used to and still do buy super bikes from the Grey market to save cost. Infact bikes bought from Legitamte showrooms also are under the DRI scanner too as the paper work is not clean. I know three such owners and i am sure there must be our own Tbhpians who must be knowing people who after buying a legitimate bike are still suffering.
For some it is a statement and for others it is the love of their life so they want to keep it close. Frankly if i owned a bike i would not turn it into a showpiece but use it, if i needed to make a showpiece i would buy a shell with no engine and put it up. Each to their own and someone said India had no money, they ought to have a look at this .

My cousin in UK, had his harley in his bedroom will ask him for pictures.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

A friends has a low rider, Harley parked in his Bedroom. I wonder who's going to have what next. A ducati maybe. And none of these bikes ever see the Tarmac.

Here are a few pics.

If you cant Ride it, then just Flaunt it, AT HOME!!-image007.jpg

If you cant Ride it, then just Flaunt it, AT HOME!!-image008.jpg

If you cant Ride it, then just Flaunt it, AT HOME!!-image010.jpg

Last edited by danlalan : 18th December 2009 at 13:14.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
A growing Trend in india now a days is showcasing your ride, not in your garage but in a place more closer to you. Your Living room or perhaps your Bedroom or your Store.
Ive come across quite a few of this kind of display of affection towards a persons ride. In the cannon store at the atria mall they've got a enfield standing on display, At a clients house, hes got a Harley parked in his bedroom, Another one has a busa parked in his Living room.

Heres a pic of the busa. If you spot a similar display please share it with us.

Attachment 243744
Are you sure thats a living room/bedroom since the blue sign board near the hyabusa reads something like "Dr. khosla, Dental clinic" or something. But still what a weird thing to do.
Old 21st December 2009, 21:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Are you sure thats a living room/bedroom since the blue sign board near the hyabusa reads something like "Dr. khosla, Dental clinic" or something. But still what a weird thing to do.
Thats the next door building i guess. The person who owns this bike is known by many a bhpians too. Hes a regular on the supercars in delhi thread too.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

i saw one guy in automobile business having a BUSA and another suzuki cruiser bike in his office right next to the small temple he has there in gurgaon.

clearly looks like he worships his bikes too.

will get pics next time i go there.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:28   #36
BHPian

i used to do the same! used to keep my cycle in my hall. every visitor would enquire about as it was uncommon to have 18 gears on a cycle back then. actually did that because of the thief infestation in the area. luck ran out eventually though. was stolen 13 months after i got it. my poor cycle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks