Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 00:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Hey, thanks dude! That would be great... but is it available in small bottles? Also, where are you located? However, the cost of couriering might exceed the cost of buying a bigger bottle here... :(
Old 18th December 2009, 01:03   #17
BANNED

A bottle of TVS Girling DOT4 brake fluid MSRPs for Rs.144. The store sold it to me for Rs.120. You found a store that sells 250 ml. You want to replace flush/replace existing fluid system. You need to fill/bleed thoroughly to replace a fluid system. Might even need to change the brake hose lines for the desired performance difference. You are serious about environmentally safe disposal of remainder of 250 ml of brake fluid in India? (Donate to a friendly mechanic?)

Pardon my ignorance, I dont understand the meaning of this thread. I thought you didnt know of the existence of a product, like I didnt when I went to the store, and shared that info.

Best of luck with your hunt for 100 ml.

Gthang.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Change the brake hose lines?? No way... what for?

I have a CBZ-X, and both DOT 3 and 4 can be used (without mixing). But I'm told the factory fill is DOT 4, hence I would like to replace it with DOT 4.

Quote:
You are serious about environmentally safe disposal of remainder of 250 ml of brake fluid in India? (Donate to a friendly mechanic?)
No idea how to dispose the reminder, if I have to buy a bigger bottle. Only thing I can think of is to leave the remaining fluid with the mechanic in the hope that it will be used in some other bike asap. But I dunno how they dispose the used fluid, in the end.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

for the extreme we use the DOT3. go with it though i dont kow the technicality. but the dot3 also does amazing job. check my signature. even i have one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks