Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 15:14   #1
BHPian

The Primeval Crash

My glorious zma experienced a set down when it crashed yesterday . I bought my zma in 05 on which i have done about 40000 kms and has managed to run it successfully without a scratch but much to my disappointment just yesterday I was riding my zma at 40 -50 in city when out of where a cow jumps off the BRTS divider n runs across the road crashing into my bike n sliding it along with me on the road . My zma has suffered many damages including damage to rear left cowl , front left fairing , front visor and the meter console has also sustained a lot amount of damage along with the handle bar. I myself came out completely intact except for few minor scratches on my hand and knee . Well all I can do right now is thank to the dear lord for saving my life .

Anyhow I am attaching the pics of my zma to know whether anyone can tell me the estimate repairing cost. Any help would be appreciated .
Thanx.
Attached Thumbnails
The Primeval Crash-dsc02812.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02813.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02814.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02815.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02816.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02817.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02818.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02819.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02821.jpg  

The Primeval Crash-dsc02825.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 15:36   #2
BHPian

ouchhh ... Not sure about your repair cost.
Bike - If you intend to change all the cracked panels it should cost you 5k + for just the pannels.
I cant judge from the pics for any structural damages.

Else you can "fiber-weld" the cracks and do a paint job for around 2-3 k total.

Since i had crashed my ZMA 2 years back, its just an estimate based 2 years back.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:37   #3
BHPian

thts pretty bad. Replacing both the sides of the fairing with the visor and the rear cowl shld cost you less than 5k. However getting the panels for the old zma will be a pain. Although you will get the R panels easily.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its sad to know that you and your bike ended up in a crash without any fault of yours. One feels it to heart to see a scratch as he has taken so much care to prevent it. And you did it in A'bad, a city where no vehicle, simply no vehicle can avoid that.

My friend working in A'bad had similar accident, only thing is that he ended in front of wheels of a private bus.
The bus was standing taking some passengers and one of the passengers climbing into the bus observed him near the front wheel.

The front end has suffered more damage than expected, but nevertheless, HH will fix the bike well.

I hope a quick recovery to you and your bike.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 15th December 2009 at 15:49.
Old 16th December 2009, 20:51   #5
BHPian

ouch!! that's a nasty hit!

The prices are as follows:
Front cowls(L & R) Rs 1165 each.
Rear cowl Rs 760 approx
Speedo mount Rs 121
Speedo casing Rs 156
Handlebar Rs 160

You might have to get your forks aligned which will cost around 600..

Get well soon..
Old 17th December 2009, 01:29   #6
BHPian

Thanx manoj. will check it up with HH.
@aago. u know the traffic sense in ahmedabad.
Old 17th December 2009, 07:21   #7
BHPian

ohh.. Get well soon bro.
Old 17th December 2009, 07:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

oye dude,

get well soon rahega. tension mat le. bloody cows always do this!!

.... but some riders manage to hit cows at 90 kph and get away without even falling .... maybe its the bike!
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:44   #9
BHPian

Nisarg mann! that IS some serious damage..why dont you give it for insurance? will save money as well. Thank God that you are safe..

wishing you a speedy recovery mate!
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:11   #10
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Hope you have recovered completely by now. This reminded me of my Splendor crash almost 10 years back. Ended up replacing the front visor, headlight assembly, front fork assembly, front-shocks, tank & the chasis. The bill was ~15K INR and insurance reimbursed around 12K. Getting new chassis number from RTO was as painful (if not more) than recuperating from the broken left hand.
One incidence like this teaches you a lot. All the best!
Old 4th February 2010, 00:17   #11
BHPian

Thanx mehul and SDP.
HHSC guy quote me 6200 including new meter console, front fairing and visor. last Sunday i have fixed the meter console with fevi quick. meter holding up nicely. not bother to replace the fairing for now.
Daily commuting now shifted to Activa. Throttle Gumao aur Bhago.

Last edited by nisarg86 : 4th February 2010 at 00:18.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

HH parts have become a tad costlier now. Be careful. Do the replacements/fixes quickly. My mechanic was surprised to see a HH OEM part jump from INR 130 to INR 181 recently.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

In todays scenerio the parks of bikes have increased so much that you cannot imagine.The brake disc once costed 550/- when I changed at 45k kms. But now it is 1100/- +. So take care of your health and bike. All the best.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:27   #14
BHPian

OH that was a Sad Crash. Even i came across similar type of accident when a small Kid ran from middle of the road
Good part is that , you escaped with minor injuries. Get well soon. All my Best Wishes with you

Now for your Bike. Are you willing to keep the bike at least for the next 3 then u might just go in for a complete make over. have your bike repainted with new White color or any one which you like. because if you put any new pre-painted OEM part it wont match the old parts, and that would more worst. i suggest try to get hold or some scrap person pick up the parts of your bike which are damaged and get the whole bike panted in a single shade. That would make your bike look new and more stunning. it would cost you approx 10K max,

And dude forgot to tell you one more thing. Always have a Leg guard , the bike and your leg would have left un-hurt if u had installed the leg guard. after your make over don't forget to get the leg guard.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:28   #15
Team-BHP Support

Ouch!
Everyone knows what is the condition of our roads, from the Holy Cows to the bad Mutha 'busa have a free run on these very roads and however careful we are, sometimes we can't help,
'zma parts might be a wee bit hard to source(due to this problem, sold her off)

^^were you wearing shorts kya?

Last edited by Sheel : 4th February 2010 at 09:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks