Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:41   #1
BHPian

Change to new chassis !! Need help !!

A beloved friend is changing to a new chasis for his bike, would like to know the legal process involved in changing when went through a dealer he said following points :

1) get the new chasis bill ( which is there )
2) RC and insurance updated ( there )
3) he says new chasis number will be provided,

i said why do we need to ?? couldn't the old number be plonked on to new he showed a typical dealer attitude acting up as though he is doing the favour for us , just walked out of his place so guyz pls do pour in your inputs and help me out.

My friends RTO falls in jayanagar, if any one of you know anyone there please do help me, thanks in advance..

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd December 2009 at 21:50. Reason: Corrected Typo
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:00   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
A beloved friend is changing to a new chasis for his bike, would like to know the legal process involved in changing when went through a dealer he said following points :

1) get the new chasis bill ( which is there )
2) RC and insurance updated ( there )
3) he says new chasis number will be provided,

i said why do we need to ?? couldn't the old number be plonked on to new he showed a typical dealer attitude acting up as though he is doing the favour for us , just walked out of his place so guyz pls do pour in your inputs and help me out.

My friends RTO falls in jayanagar, if any one of you know anyone there please do help me, thanks in advance..
Hi prajeep i am not too sure of the all the legal formalities but i think it is illegal to write the old chassis number on the newchassis. One of my friends got it done a couple of years ago from a local mechanic. But i heard that mechanic got arrested for doing so.

I dont think you can get guys so easily that do such kind of stuff even if you do find them they will surely charge exorbitant rates to do it. I think it would be a better idea to go through legal way.

Regards
Rocky
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:59   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Best to have the fresh endorsement done through a competent RTO agent. Bill, chassis imprint, RC book and a physical bike checkup will be required by the RTO. Again, an RTO agent who knows his way around will be of immense help.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:14   #4
BHPian

If you are claiming insurance new frame no. has to be incorporated, else you can punch in the old chasis no. The dealer who is replacing the chassis can do it. Make sure he uses the correct punching techniques to make it look OE. I am a dealer for TVS and have done it for lot of my customers
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
If you are claiming insurance new frame no. has to be incorporated, else you can punch in the old chasis no. The dealer who is replacing the chassis can do it. Make sure he uses the correct punching techniques to make it look OE. I am a dealer for TVS and have done it for lot of my customers

No we are not claming insurance, the problem is the dealer doesnt have the punching techniques so started this thread !!! so please help ..

Rockky rightly said yes some guyz are asking so much that the cost is more than the new chasis

GTO but why do one has to get the fresh endorsemsnt done ???

1) The bike is not undergone any major accident.
2) We are not claiming insurance for the new chasis.
3) The reason we are changing to a new chasis is the engine mounts and other critcical mounts on the chasis are rusted so dont wanna take chance by rewelding those.
4) The chasis is bought legally in company packing and with bill from a dealer, so the chasis is not illegall.

All said the rto agent is seeing us like criminals and acting up asthough he is doing us a favour, so i dont think dealer funda will work out any body has any leads in jayanagar RTO pls do help out.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
.. 4) The chasis is bought legally in company packing and with bill from a dealer, so the chasis is not illegall. ..
New chassis comes with new no engraved on it afaik so endorsing that by RTA would be proper way. Its a one time job better than Re-numbering (against law) & a poor finished work forms a point of concern for any checks later.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:25   #7
BHPian

Its a big NO to renumbering of the New chasis number with the old chasis number. This is totally illegal. Please dont do this. Dont mind the extra buck, just get the RTO reassess the vehicle and have it endorsed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks