Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:27   #1
BHPian

Film on windscreen for Machismo 350

Hi All,

I have a bull '06 (Machismo 350) with a windsreen fiited from the RE. However, its been more than 3 years and its like diwali during nights when the lights come on and i'm looking through the windsreen.

Now that i'm planning to replace the present one with a new one, thinking if , it would help to put a transperant sunfilm on both sides to avoid the same airline sratches on them.

Please suggest if someone has done this or share your experiences.

Thanks in advance
Old 24th December 2009, 12:08   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Please don't put any sunfilm on the front windscreen. It's like wearing sunglasses at night and will greatly reduce your visibility.

If this is a recent problem, its probably because your 3 year old windscreen has too many scratches. Replacing with a fresh windscreen will greatly improve matters. However, if its a problem since day one, then its an issue that all of us live with on Indian roads (i.e. tackling oncoming headlight glare).

Another suggestion : Why don't you remove the windscreen altogether and use a helmet with visor?
Old 24th December 2009, 12:38   #3
BHPian

I guess the 1005 visibility films are available in market, and they would be good for protection of the screen. But check the prices first.
Old 24th December 2009, 13:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please don't put any sunfilm on the front windscreen. It's like wearing sunglasses at night and will greatly reduce your visibility.

If this is a recent problem, its probably because your 3 year old windscreen has too many scratches. Replacing with a fresh windscreen will greatly improve matters. However, if its a problem since day one, then its an issue that all of us live with on Indian roads (i.e. tackling oncoming headlight glare).

Another suggestion : Why don't you remove the windscreen altogether and use a helmet with visor?

Thank you for the sugesting not to film the front of the windscreen, but i dont want to completely remove it either. The windscreen gives the hmm factor and a very nice appeal to the bike and it also protects me from tears rolling down my cheeks while on long drives.

Though there is a drop in speeds at around 100 km/hr and can feel the drag at these speeds. But again, it has both sides for the better.

cheers
Old 25th December 2009, 11:56   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Raghu, if you want to retain your front windscreen, probably best to get a new one. Your current one may have gotten scratched with time, thus limiting visibility at night.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Raghu, if you want to retain your front windscreen, probably best to get a new one. Your current one may have gotten scratched with time, thus limiting visibility at night.

Thank you, will look at the replacement for a new one, but , again the question is should i film the new one before the install.

Please note that the windscreen from the RE accessory store is a Fibre glass.
Old 24th January 2010, 15:46   #7
BHPian

as an option you may try dropping the height by a few inches so that the shield's top clears helmet visor bottom level. Trick work & is irreversible but makes most use of a scratched screen. shield can be cut at existing joint or better re-profile the top curve.

Last edited by Rennjit : 24th January 2010 at 15:52. Reason: ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks