Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:28   #1
BHPian

My RX135

Hey guys this bike has a very special place in my heart( I joined a BPO while studying to buy it, and i bought it with my 2nd month's salary from my friend ) i am the second owner. It is a 2002 model Rx-135, with a an altered crack shaft, slighty ported exhaust port and slight modification to carb jets. I have separate racing kit ready to be bolted on and go racing within an hour( It's sad i have not been able to race in a couple of years now).
I initially used it for racing in local dirt events and when my dad found out and threatened to burn it, i had to convert it into a road going bike.
Here are some of its pic in its racing days and after the transformation into road bike enjoy.

Regards
Rocky
Attached Thumbnails
My RX135-image150.jpg  

My RX135-image148.jpg  

My RX135-dsc03368.jpg  

My RX135-dsc03370.jpg  

My RX135-dsc03371.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 20:18   #2
BHPian

The RX 135 is one good bike, Congrats.

I have one at home, bought in 2000, now in a very sad state. Its awaiting some mods once I am back home. Njoi your ride and drive safe.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Lol; people will queue up to get a bike done as in Pic 1.

Still, its an RX. Looks well maintained too.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:35   #4
BHPian

RX in regular road bike avatar looks neat
Old 24th December 2009, 23:01   #5
BHPian

Hey rocky,

What a transformation towards the originality, the bike looks new, the stock looks are appealing.

Regards

Pranav
Old 25th December 2009, 00:00   #6
BANNED

Aah..!

The road going bike version is looking DEADLY.

Please change the ugly looking headlight to the stock one, the bike will look a KILLER after that.
Old 25th December 2009, 11:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Aah..!

The road going bike version is looking DEADLY.

Please change the ugly looking headlight to the stock one, the bike will look a KILLER after that.
Thank for the input pavan but the stock headlamp does not provide sufficient light at night so i got the yezdi doom with a bigger halogen bulb.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:49   #8
BHPian

Where in bangalore did you get such a job done. The bike on both the pictures definitely a product of a talented man. Congrats you have the right mechanic for the machine, it means a lot. I am dying to get someone with the same expertise in Chennai. As soon as possible.
Btw how much did it cost to get it back to stock?
And do you still have the front fly mudguards, are they for sale? I am not able to get one, searched in Bangalore and Chennai.
What tyre did you have during the motocross days. Did the back tyre buttons cause any problem on normal road?
Old 26th October 2010, 09:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Where in bangalore did you get such a job done. The bike on both the pictures definitely a product of a talented man. Congrats you have the right mechanic for the machine, it means a lot. I am dying to get someone with the same expertise in Chennai. As soon as possible.
Btw how much did it cost to get it back to stock?
And do you still have the front fly mudguards, are they for sale? I am not able to get one, searched in Bangalore and Chennai.
What tyre did you have during the motocross days. Did the back tyre buttons cause any problem on normal road?
I got it done throught the same guy who used to tune my bike for races. it costed me almost 17000 for everything new. i think the mudguard is still there in my friends garage. I used to run with front 18" MRF mocross tyres and rear 16" IRC tyres. These race tyres are not meant to be driven on paved roads and you will scrub off the middle buttons in less the 2weeks time. and also you will not have the stability or grip like a normal road tyres. i still have the tyres if you want they are almost like brand new tyres used in only only three practice sessions after that i had to quit.

Last edited by rocky080 : 26th October 2010 at 09:15.
Old 5th December 2010, 16:33   #10
BHPian

hi rocky! great bike there....actually i am too wanting to restore my 2001 pulsar (150 KS Type 1) to its pristine state. I want to have a new paint job, put in larger profile tyres and want to recrome/ powder coat the old parts and replace the plastics. If you could guide me with the contacts it would be great. budget is not an issue...the bike is very close to my heart and i would want to keep it for ever....see my username? yep thats her..........;P
Old 6th June 2012, 12:03   #11
BHPian

Re: My RX135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Here are some of its pic in its racing days and after the transformation into road bike enjoy.

Regards
Rocky

Hello Sir,

Can you tell me what exactly is the handle bar you using called? Where can I source one in Bangalore?
Are those quick throttle and easy clutch setup still available in Bangalore?

Those days when all was available right under my nose I did not have the cash for it and now I don't know where to source it.

I am slowly getting all the parts for a rebuild with a conversion motocross kit. Please help.
Old 11th June 2012, 18:07   #12
BHPian

Re: My RX135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hello Sir,

Can you tell me what exactly is the handle bar you using called? Where can I source one in Bangalore?
Are those quick throttle and easy clutch setup still available in Bangalore?

Those days when all was available right under my nose I did not have the cash for it and now I don't know where to source it.

I am slowly getting all the parts for a rebuild with a conversion motocross kit. Please help.
Hello Visaster the handle is from a suzuki shogan available very easily in Bangalore. I am not sure about the quick clutch setup, but the quick throttle should be available easily, i had picked it up from a place called Thirumala motors near JC road(Just before minerva circle to be more precise) who deals with all kinds of racing accessory.
rocky080 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks