Team-BHP - After Kinetic blaze what next?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   After Kinetic blaze what next? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/72635-after-kinetic-blaze-what-next.html)

All of us know that the kinetic blaze was a one of its kind scooter for 165cc. The design was so italian and the back support was also well thought of needless to say power of the bike was good too.

its quite unfortunate that mahindra picked kinetic and did what they had to do first - cancel blaze production. though they do have rodeo now, its nowhere near blaze in terms of the size or power.

so i am wondering which other companies are coming out with italian scooters costing upward of 1 lac upto 2-3 lakhs in the next year?

if any of you have any definite information please post it here to help me understand. i do understand LML is going to be back with these big italian scooters, but the ones getting launched here are more of CC and less of actual hugeness in design. so i am still not clear who is going to launch what specifically.

also is there a way to procure and service italian scooters from abroad to here? have anyone done that before on this forum? I know for a fact there are bike enthusiasts who have procured yamahas and hondas but same for scooters yet?

i am getting very interested in going back to good automatic scooters of higher engine capacity and power after 10 years of car driving 99-09. but unfortunately when the market is craving for powerful scooters no one is bothered about attending to this section of the crowd.

the only other bike i have in mind is the avenger/thunderbird which i am holding for a while as they are heavy, geared and bit not for me types. :)

its been slightly more than 3.5 yrs since I logged onto this forum and have not only made many friends since then, but have been with a live community of great automotive enthusiasts. hope to be here for many more years to come. and with this post i am likely now a senior BHP-ian :)

Italian two and three wheeler company Piaggio is going to launch its scooters in India somewhere around 2011 or 2012.
I know this because i am in Baramati and Piaggio has its only plant in India which is just 200 meters away from my factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 1657031)

i am getting very interested in going back to good automatic scooters of higher engine capacity and power after 10 years of car driving 99-09. but unfortunately when the market is craving for powerful scooters no one is bothered about attending to this section of the crowd.

If you want a big scoot, then immediately go and pick up a pre owned Blaze.

You wont see anything like that for many many years to come.

mpower

what about the servicing of kinetic blaze? spares? these could be an issue right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 1657078)
mpower

what about the servicing of kinetic blaze? spares? these could be an issue right?

IIRC, the law requires them to stock spares for 7 more years. I dont think the vehicle will last beyond that. (pls check with dealer)

OF course, they are going for cheap...so you can buy another after a few years and use as a parts donor. :)

Even when the company was around it was extremely difficult to get parts for my GF170 Laser.