Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:43   #1

The building of a concept bike...

Hello to all the fellow grease loving,wheel spinning,lunatic petrol heads..I am Tyagi ramakrishnan from chennai studying mechanical engineering..I have decided to build a concept bike which i have named as "THE PRIMATE"..It will be the combination of almost all the greatest motorcycles ever made by man..atleast that is what i think of my design..I would love to involve as many petrol heads as possible to get all the different design views and all the more criticism on the designs..

Basic specs decided upon so far,
Engine : 1.3 litre suzuki
power : 85 bhp
chassis : All aluminium with reinforcement(custom)
tyres : Probably SUV tyres(like batman's bike)
Transmission : Custom again

This is kinda the start..The official beginning is just a few weeks away..

Thank you..
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:49   #2
BHPian

Sounds like a nice project, part of me wants to take up a similar project. but no time.
I wish you all the best.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:57   #3
BHPian

Hey Tyagi,

Now that's something. I remember one bike was prepared in my city with gypsy engine carb I guess, you are thinking of the same but MPFI, right? It was a cruiser design, I recollect it used a spruced up and modified Enfield chassis and mated Rd gearbox with the engine. Smaller radiator was designed and muffler was something complicated. It was a runner, was on sale for about 2L.
Battery location would be crucial.
On what lines you are thinking about the concept design, will it be cruiser, sports or something else.

Regards

Pranav
Old 4th January 2010, 21:32   #4

Thanks a billion for the response..

Well good question on the type of concept in the process of designing..
Well this bike is a complete mix from a dirt bike to a super bike to a cruiser and this is possible cause the person will be in the position kinda like batman on the batpod in the dark knight and i am gonna use two big tyres like that bike..
But the similarities end there..and yes i am going in for an MPFI in the 1.3 litre suzuki engine from an esteem or a swift..

Guys once again thanks for responding..Will need your contacts to get the concept done..
Old 6th January 2010, 21:09   #5
BHPian

nice project you got going there!! best of luck with that!!
P.S:do you study in chennai?? which college??
Old 7th January 2010, 19:44   #6

Well Thanks a lot..

I study in a now very unknown college called SMIT affiliated to the anna university.

Well update on the project!! I am gonna check out a 1.3 one of my friends got to know about soon..

Fellow petrol heads this project needs more contacts.. now the next order of buisness is to find a pair of second hand SUV tyres + rims.. Project can be catalysed if my contactss grew..

Thank you for your support..KEEP THE REVS COMIN!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 9th January 2010 at 21:37. Reason: Comments added to your post.
Old 9th January 2010, 01:55   #7
BHPian

Hey Tyagi,

Seen this thread, some ideas can be drawn.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/8833-using-maruti-800-engine-bike.html

Regards

Pranav
Old 9th January 2010, 03:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Interesting project. Do you have an sketches on how the bike might look upon completion? Whats the estimated budget for this project?
Old 9th January 2010, 11:14   #9
BHPian

I had done a similar project with a RD350. Came out awesome. Obvioulsly had its issues in the begining, but now she's awesome to look at & to ride.

I think the batpod tyre idea you should restrict to the back wheel only. Just a suggestion. All the best
Old 9th January 2010, 19:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Tyagi,

Great initiative man. Keep updating us about the project's progress with pictures. All the very best.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 9th January 2010, 21:23   #11

Thank you again for the response..

Well yeah i kinda drew up an initial sketch.. well been gettin a lotta negative reviews from people i give this idea.. but hey that aint stopping me..

My estimate on the budget is 2 lakhs depending on the price and usage of materials..Most of the standard components are cheap but the custom made ones can take a toll on the budget..

Anyway let me get the engine to kick off the project..

regards

PS: Will help if anybody can help me with getting reliable contacts in chennai..
Old 14th January 2010, 22:40   #12

Going to start on RADD system..

This concept will involve a revolutionary front suspension system which will put the front forks to rest..

I will be trying to combine the RADD system with the hub steering system for maximum efficiency for the bike..and it looks awesome too that is why..

Now if you guys wanna learn more about Radd system check this out..it was invented by a guy called james parker very interesting stuff ..

A New Type Of Motorcycle Front Suspension. No Forks! at Cyril Huze Blog
Old 15th January 2010, 05:42   #13
BHPian

Hi Tyagi
Recently joined Team-BHP have tried to introduce myself but was blocked in every turn.
Since I was able to open up and reply to your thread shall get it on.
I was born in Chennai and have been resident in the UK for 52 years,it was and still is my ambitionto ride to India on my Fireblade with a few mates on a sentimental journey.
India has come along way in the biking field and wanted to know fi superbike tyres were easily available in Chennai.
Maybe this could be the start of something real special as I play the tech support and technician for a blade club
Cheers mate

Masterblader
Old 15th January 2010, 11:52   #14

Well Yes..

You can get anything you want in chennai as long as you got enough cash and know people in the business..

Thank you for noticing my thread..
Old 15th January 2010, 13:44   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblader View Post
Recently joined Team-BHP have tried to introduce myself but was blocked in every turn....
Please read the rules here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-benefits.html

As a newbie your posts will be subject to moderator approval before they are publicly visible.

Everything you have submitted so far is currently visible on the forum.

cya
R

Most Viewed