Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 13:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Not very exciting news. I would have been appriciate if Yamaha announced a new, more powerful, more refined 250/350 cc bike in India, rather than thinking about launcing an age old model with a 4-stroke engine. RX 100 days are gone by, it's a history now, don't repeat HM Ambassador story - putting an Isuzu engine under the bonnet of a 1954 Oxford Morris... Like Rahul Bajaj said Yamaha should stress upon magic of logic rather than emotions and give us something more meaningful and contemporary.
YAMAHA should give us something more meaningful and contemporary.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:10   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't think the Shaolin sounded great. But there was one more bike long before the Samurai/Shogun/Shaolin series that came close. It was called the Suzuki Supra!
Supra was a great bike. The first few were not so good. The later 11 BHP one were nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just would like to give an info here - The original YBX probably the first lot of 3000 or so were Japanese makes (like the 86 Rx) & still had "Made in Japan" imprints & those were really troublefree & when it had to be opened, not all the authorized service centers had the required tools. So they were real good ones.
Why don't the just combine 2 YBX engines to make a great 350. Something like someone here has done with a Suzuki Samurai.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:54   #48
BHPian

Instead of this i would love to see the gladiator in the 150-160cc segment. wake up yamaha.
Old 7th February 2010, 15:21   #49
BHPian

Still now there is no news from yamaha officials. or any one have any "PACCA" news.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Instead of this i would love to see the gladiator in the 150-160cc segment. wake up yamaha.
that is the new SZ, in the showrooms in 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Still now there is no news from yamaha officials. or any one have any "PACCA" news.
nothing at all. But since they want to bring back the spares by mid April 09, hope this one will also be launched by that time. 2 birds one bullet ??

[quote=Live To Jive;1720398]Supra was a great bike. The first few were not so good. The later 11 BHP one were nice.

i love it. nostalgia ..

[quote=Why don't the just combine 2 YBX engines to make a great 350. Something like someone here has done with a Suzuki Samurai.[/quote]

all because of the stringent emission norms, otherwise too many possibilities

Most Viewed