Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 20:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now how did you manage to get the bike so early
what happened was that there were rumours of a 250 going to be launched by bajaj then. upon investigating, i found that only a souped up version of the 180 was coming- didn't have any info then about the "DTSI" stuff. somehow, i managed to get a pic, and my pa fell in love with it's looks. finally, after applying some "jacks" (from alibaug, can you believe it..??), we managed to get the first piece.....but due to some dealer restrictions, i got the regn. no in late-sep (almost a month and a half after delivery- the dealer said that he couldn't register it since it hadn't been officially launched- now what crap is that..??).

and like now, i had two rides then-the classic and the dtsi v1- sold off the classic later, since i didn't use it much. and history seems hell-bent on repeating itself; my dad's keen on disposing the dtsi v1, too- can't argue, as there seems no point in keeping two bikes on a long term basis, as i'm the only one here riding (and driving)......
Old 14th September 2005, 23:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

I bought a flame red 150 DTSi Type 2, in April this year. Although as a package the bike is fantastic, there are some niggling things which bother me. First is the paint quality. Inspite of the bike being teflon coated, I see some fading of the paint on the fuel tank. Its only a small portion, but its got me worried. Second is the vibrations. They simply cant be ignored above 70kmph, I cant even make out whats behind me in the rear view mirrors. (apart from vague shapes). Anyone else has this problem?
Old 15th September 2005, 10:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

u should show it to a service station at the earliest. under warranty they will hafta give ya a touch-up.

about the vibration too I must say there is a problem. the dampers maybe too tight . get it checked too.
Old 15th September 2005, 11:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

What dampers ???? For heaven's sake only classic's had steering dampers.

@sajo: what area on tank is the paint fading ?? is it between the fuel cap & seat ??? let us know. Also about vibrations do show it to the PB, some thing must be loose
Old 15th September 2005, 18:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Second is the vibrations. They simply cant be ignored above 70kmph, I cant even make out whats behind me in the rear view mirrors. (apart from vague shapes).
sajo, tell your authorised bajaj service centre to check the bike thoroughly. from what you say, the culprit could be the rubber engine mounts, but in a new bike....nevertheless, check all the mounts- one on the head just below the tank, and two of the main mounts on the lower part of the cradle frame.
Old 15th September 2005, 18:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
@sajo: what area on tank is the paint fading ?? is it between the fuel cap & seat ??? let us know. Also about vibrations do show it to the PB, some thing must be loose
Yes...The fading area is in between the fuel cap and the seat, and abt 5 cms from the fuel cap. Has exposure to the elements got to do something with it? We have had some pretty nasty rainfall lately.
Old 15th September 2005, 22:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

by dampersI mean the sideweights on the handlebars. DOnt the new pulsars have it? I used to have the old one and the vibrations were absent on it. so maybe the rubber mounts of the engine are the culprits as said above.
Old 15th September 2005, 23:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
by dampersI mean the sideweights on the handlebars. DOnt the new pulsars have it? I used to have the old one and the vibrations were absent on it.
you mean the balancer weights....actually, all pulsars, including the classics, had balancer weights on their handle bars...

Quote:
Yes...The fading area is in between the fuel cap and the seat, and abt 5 cms from the fuel cap.
sajo, since your bike is barely 5 months old, this sort of thing shouldn't happen. but, try giving the bike a wax coat after a thorough service and see if things get better. if they don't, inform the showroom from which you bought the bike immediately, and ask them to look into it a.s.a.p. by the way, if the paint shade has only gone light, there might be pretty much nothing they can do except redo your "teflon" coat. but if the paint is showing signs of flaking, then it's a straightforward warranty rectification.
Old 16th September 2005, 10:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Yep Veyron is correct. get the engine mounts checked.

@Sajo: Ok now this may sound a bit weird but do you wear denim jacket while riding ??Why am asking is coz the Metal buttons on denim jacket or something similar scratch the tank while riding though we may think that it doesnt but actually it does specially if you area bit healthy nah but just check that aspect as well. otherwise I dont see any reason why should the paint be dull.
Old 16th September 2005, 19:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
@Sajo: Ok now this may sound a bit weird but do you wear denim jacket while riding ??Why am asking is coz the Metal buttons on denim jacket or something similar scratch the tank while riding though we may think that it doesnt but actually it does specially if you area bit healthy nah but just check that aspect as well. otherwise I dont see any reason why should the paint be dull.
Actually, I dont wear a jacket at all. And I have too lean all the way down i.e. touch my face to the speedo, if my belly is to touch the tank .
I have posted a pic of the bike to just show where the fading area is. The pic quality is not very good as it is taken with a webcam.

Old 16th September 2005, 22:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Now that pics says something to me.

when I used to drive my pulsar to college I used to keep my bag on the tank and the color at that same spot went dull with a scratch.

Try to see that u never keep anything there.Try to remember if u had ever kept any bag or helmet there or maybe your friend or cousin.that maybe the reason.
Old 17th September 2005, 22:11   #57
BANNED

me and my frnds had a drag 2-3 days ago wid p180 classic,v1,v2 and karizma...............and these were the

results-
P180 classic was fun to drive in corners because of the very short wheelbase but in the straightline drag, the P180 was the slowest till 100 kmph but after that it overtook the new P180. The top speed achieved was 130 @ 9300 rpm. But it felt very unstable at those speeds. meanwhile, the zma was just side by side till 50-55 kmph(with the old dtsi) after which the Dtsi gained momentum and slowly overtook the karizma. It recorded a top speed of 137 kmph@9500rpm.After 60 kmph P180 Dtsiv1 lead till the top whack, which is even more than the zma. Speaks volumes about the engine of the Dtsi.the new dtsi was the fastest off the block(even more than zma) but after that zma and p180 dtsi overtook it. after 100 kmph even the classic 180 overtook it.top speed -127 kmph @ 9500 rpm. karizma was beaten till 50 kmph by the new Dtsi and was side by side the Dtsi(old). But after that the Dtsi opened a gap which increased by the second. It isn’t all that bad as it appears but at the end of about 5 kms of the open highway the zma was down the old dtsi by a bus length. The top speed for the bike wasan optimistic 140 kmph with the tachometer needle buried under the redline.
so there you have it. but this was only about performance.
zma beats p180 in-
design
peace of mind(coz u know u own a hero honda)
resale value
pose value
quality
refinement
clutch and gearbox

the p180 beats zma in-
value for money
fun factor(vibrations and noise)
stunts frienly
spares price

the verdict is if u have the budget go for the zma else the p180.
PEACE
Old 18th September 2005, 01:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

that must have been a helluva drag.

But the quality of both the bikes(pulsars as of now) are the same. The quality of Karizma didnt do justice when it was above 80k.

resale value of both the bikes stand at the same point. Spares of pulsar are cheaper but Karizma are longlasting

refinement again I find them to be the same.

But I agree on your conclusion. Karizma and pulsar both are the best in their own departments
Old 18th September 2005, 13:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

so, pulsarian, acccording to you, the top speeds achieved are..

p 180 classic - 130 kmph.
p 180 dts-i V1 - 140 kmph
p 180 dts-i V2 - 127 kmph
karizma - 137 kmph...

hmm, interesting....mainly so, because i found that the pulsar dtsi v1 leads till about 100 kmph, after which the zma pulls faster to 140, i.e, the time taken for the V1 to accelererate from 100-140 kmph is more than the zma...and i have seen both the bikes doing 140, with the zma leading. but then, results vary depending upon the rider (weight, too), climate, etc. nevertheless, the results are always more or less similar- sometimes the dtsi V1 is on top, and on other occasions the zma triumphs. all the same, one concluding factor- the V1 and the zma are both terrific bikes.....

Quote:
refinement again I find them to be the same.
yup, the new V2's are extremely refined and much better than the earlier lot, and on par with the zma...

Quote:
The quality of Karizma didnt do justice when it was above 80k.
it's not just the quality- the bike simply didn't offer much at that price; for 91 grand on-road, (almost 30 K more expensive than the dtsi V1) the bike only appealed to posers; it wasn't an enthusiast's choice.... but after the price revisions and with the new 180 dtsi V3 being priced at around 65 K on road, the price difference has come down to 14 K, (the zma retails for 79 K on-road, thane) which, i feel, is okay, and worth it....
Old 18th September 2005, 23:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

about the top speeds its all stupidity according to me to comare them.

I have had some people in my colony have a rx135 5-speed collection. there is a rx-z (5-speed 14 bhp) and 3 rx-135 (5-speed 14 bhp). All the bikes have different top speeds just becasue their characteristics change according to the user.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks