Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 10:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

@veyron: Exactly ,my views Even i find the ZMA faster at 100+ speeds but yes the mid range of pulsars is really good & has the fun factor which ZMA lacks
Old 19th September 2005, 22:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
about the top speeds its all stupidity according to me to comare them.
the top speeds, may be extremely academic when it comes down to puny 200cc single cylinder machines, but nevertheless, they reflect the capabilities of the bike overall; that, and the torque...

anyways, this has been long overdue, but here are some (average-quality) pics of both my rides...

p.s- and in case you are wondering, the heel-shifter and the cardboard piece on the crash guard of the 180, have been fitted on account of the monsoons....they come off this month-end....and since my current steed of choice is the zma, i ain't worried about engine cooling due to that cardboard mud-guard...
Old 19th September 2005, 22:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey Veyron really nice bikes there!

Are you planing to let go off the 180 if not then please put black mags!

p.s does Mags affect mileage and performance in negative way!
Old 19th September 2005, 23:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Veyron really nice bikes there!

Are you planing to let go off the 180 if not then please put black mags!

p.s does Mags affect mileage and performance in negative way!
thanks, busa...
actually, my dad's planning to let go of the 180; and it kinda makes sense, since i'm the only rider in my house...but it might not happen soon...
yes, alloys do affect the aspects of a bike- but it depends upon the manufacturer, though- a lighter and imported set of alloys will enhance your road grip, handling and fuel efficiency as compared to spoked rims, with the same profile tyres. but if you go in for a local brand that's actually heavier than your spoked ones, then it's going to affect your ride adversely...
Old 20th September 2005, 06:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

though the change is minor with the use of alloys the equation turns out to be pretty positive in a few years.
Old 24th September 2005, 21:14   #66
BANNED

which engine oil do u 180 owners use ?
there seems to be no oil of 20w50 grade
Old 26th September 2005, 10:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

I am using Castrol Power 1 & its definetly much better than the one put by PBs
Old 27th September 2005, 08:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

any news on the new enfield motorcyle that is rumoured to beat the pulsar and Karizma?
Old 27th September 2005, 13:18   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
any news on the new enfield motorcyle that is rumoured to beat the pulsar and Karizma?
hurricane?, well itll not beat zma/pulsar coz its the same 500 cc thingy albeit of the AVL type
Old 27th September 2005, 23:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
As about the brakes i would say ZMA brake are like having abs if you compare it with the p180 i mean u need efforts to skid the front even with gravel on ground :-)
I totally agree with Techno here. Sorry Veyron1, you're wrong about the Zma brake lacking in feel. The front brake of the Pulsar has a very Fatal bite although good its risky on gravel for sure as almost always the front wheel locks up, atleast that is what I have observed on P150 Dtsi V1, wonder if the P180 is any different.
The Zma's breaking comes in a more controlled manner, almost feels like operating a drum brake. I can't remember the front wheel ever locking up or skidding, as said my Techno.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th May 2011 at 16:12. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 28th September 2005, 08:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

the disc brakes if I remember are made by the same company for both the bikes.
its Kalyani kBX.
Old 28th September 2005, 09:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Nopes. The ZMA has bigger disk compared to Pulsar also the calipers on ZMA are from Nissin(The OEM for Honda SBKs) while on Pulsar it was KBX & in the new Pulsars they have changed the vendor cant remember the name
Old 28th September 2005, 12:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Nopes. The ZMA has bigger disk compared to Pulsar also the calipers on ZMA are from Nissin(The OEM for Honda SBKs) while on Pulsar it was KBX & in the new Pulsars they have changed the vendor cant remember the name
on the new pulsar the brakes are still made by KBX.but can u belive while HH uses nissin Honda Unicorn has brakes made by KBX.

the Zma's disc is bigger than pulsars.i think it is 260mm compared to 240mm for the pulsars.
Old 28th September 2005, 14:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

The Disk brake set on Unicorn is same as that on SUper SPlendor, its only ZMA whihc uses nissin calipers

The new ones may be the black 180s uses diff set of DiskBrakes i.e. ither than KBX will find out & post
Old 28th September 2005, 19:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Veyron1, you're wrong about the Zma brake lacking in feel. The front brake of the Pulsar has a very Fatal bite although good its risky on gravel for sure as almost always the front wheel locks up, atleast that is what I have observed on P150 Dtsi V1, wonder if the P180 is any different.
nope, i meant every word. i'm used to the lever feel on the 180, and i simply love the response. agreed, panic braking without knowledge of what you're doing might have some quite unpleasant results. but like i said, the zma's lever response is far slower- in short, the pulsar's lever feel is for those who know what they are doing, whereas in a zma, a new rider can throw the anchors at full go without upsetting himself or the bike....

but yes, there's one small factor- you can't use the pulsar's brakes deep into a corner- you have to shave off the speed before hitting the entry, downshift, apex, and then power out; whereas in a zma, you can actually enter a corner faster, thereby allowing deep braking and faster exits....

the zma has 276mm dia disc rotors...and i feel that even the new 180 has brakes from KBX, kalyani brakes...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks