Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 22:31   #166
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the motul products, well there are very good dealers in ludhiana.Infact i got a deal a couple of years back which i cannot forget.I got 300v from ludhiana for 550 a liter.and i bought 2 full boxes full of them for my 12r.Thats 24 liters.and i'm very happy now as the prices have now skyrocketed.

Look around for tires i'm sure you'll find them or a dealer who'll get them for you.These guys supposedly get the tires from some distributor in delhi.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:05   #167
Senior - BHPian

I think I'll have to make a trip to Delhi for the tyre. Went tyre shopping today and asked around few tyre wala's. Most of them gave me a funny answer except one who suggested me to go to Karol Bagh and explained me the address of a dealer who stocks them.

WOW, 550 a ltr. What a steal!. You must be laughing at people paying 900 a ltr now
Old 15th March 2010, 19:37   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
From what i have had inputs on it should be the front smaller section tire.The 90/90 tire.

A friend here has shifted to 100/90 in the front and according to him its now rock steady.He's frequently doing long rides which involves high speeds as he is a fast rider. If possible i'd suggest one of the C5 owners try this and see what results are there.
Well I don't understand what made RE to provide those so called Zapper tire's,which seem to be good for nothing.I too own the EFI 500 & was taken aback to discover the shuddering in the bike above 100+ which grows tremendous on 120.Secondly the rear tire is too prone to any patch of water or soil.

Pals are we sure that this speed instability of the bike is due to the tire's,if yes than what exactly should we opt for,do we need to change both of them?
Your suggestions invited
Old 15th March 2010, 23:25   #169
Senior - BHPian

I'm saying this on behalf of a CL500 owner who has changed the front to 100/90.infact he has installed a mrf zapper 100/90 in the front.He doesn't say about the grip in the wet but what he does say is that its now rock solid in a straight line.So maybe you guys should try this.if you have a friend with a cbz or a karizma try swapping the rear tire of those bikes with your front tire.It won't harm anything and you'll be able to know about the stability of your bikes as well.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:28   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Finally on your thread! :P

Its weird how people are complaining about stability around corners and turns. My Bull feels rock solid on turns. In fact it feels more at home turning than going straight.

I am looking to get Slime for the tires now.

Cheers!
Old 17th March 2010, 14:25   #171
Senior - BHPian

Welcome comrade

Let me get my bebe sorted and I'll make a trip to Delhi. Then I'll see how good you are on turns hehe.

@Terminator- I keep hearing about this shuddering which I never had on my bike and since yesterday I have been riding loaned C5 on which shuddering starts at 60 and keep on till 100 then decreases and again starts.

I just have a weird feeling that its not the tyre's, its something else and I am more inclined towards the clutch plates or the cushion rubber inside the rear hub. Now don't start panicking folks, its just my thought rather then a opinion.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:30   #172
BHPian

Hi Guys, Wanted some feedback on the 500LB. Is it a good buy compared to C500. I am getting one in Delhi.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2010, 22:22   #173
BHPian

I visited the showroom today, I'm a resident of Bangalore but brother I was shocked to hear that there is 6-8 month waiting for this lovely piece. My dad still considers it worth it but I wasn't convinced so we took a test ride and went back to office ! Have to decide on it :O
Old 17th March 2010, 22:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Checked the rubber cushion and Clutch plates, booth are fine and culprit is the swing-arm bushes. By the way I am talking about the loaned bike I have at the moment.

@Zamaan- Let us know when you book it and join the C5 gang. Good luck with waiting period.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:42   #175
BHPian

Thanx Randhawa, I'll get back to you as soon as I book it :-)
Old 18th March 2010, 12:16   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911varun View Post
Hi Guys, Wanted some feedback on the 500LB. Is it a good buy compared to C500. I am getting one in Delhi.

Cheers
There was one available brand new at a dealer a couple of weeks ago here in Hyderabad, chances are it is still there. Unbelievably, I was told the factory shipped it to them and now they are trying to find a buyer. So one-off LB500s are still available here and there.

Search the forum right here on T-Bhp, there is great deal that has already been written on the LB500 to help you make up your mind.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:46   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hi,

Finally on your thread! :P

Its weird how people are complaining about stability around corners and turns. My Bull feels rock solid on turns. In fact it feels more at home turning than going straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

@Terminator- I keep hearing about this shuddering which I never had on my bike and since yesterday I have been riding loaned C5 on which shuddering starts at 60 and keep on till 100 then decreases and again starts.

I just have a weird feeling that its not the tyre's, its something else and I am more inclined towards the clutch plates or the cushion rubber inside the rear hub. Now don't start panicking folks, its just my thought rather then a opinion.
If You are talking about C5 than this has almost been a fact now that its showing signs of high speed instability which I have refeered as shuddering after 100kmph.
Yes till now I haven't tried extreme cornering but yes it looks ok with turns.

Randhawa,the way the bike skids on small patches of water & sand,I think it could only be the so called Zapper tires ,which are good for nothing.....
Apologies to MRF.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:30   #178
Senior - BHPian

I am talking about the 350. I haven't crossed 80 yet. Taking corners at 50-60 is the max I'll do anyways and it feels very comfortable doing that.
Old 19th March 2010, 13:28   #179
Senior - BHPian

Dear Randhawa and others who have owned / experienced C500s..

Have been following this thread and a few others on the C500.

I have booked a C500 for myself.. ( 8th of december,09) and most likely should get the bike towards the end of march.. (according to an official letter from the RE brand showroom, bangalore).

Now, after going through all the reviews, and the associated problems with the bike, i am not too sure on whether to go ahead, or cancel my booking.

i currently own and regularly use a Machismo 350 AVL and and quite satisfied with the bike..
The reason for switching over to a C500 was, faster acceleration, more of torque, better top-speed, and the aesthetics.

Do post your opinion as to whether it makes sense to go for the C500 right now, or should i cancel the booking and wait till the problems are sorted / or a carbed version of 500 UCI is introduced...

cheers
Old 19th March 2010, 17:31   #180
BHPian

Wait & Watch!

You know it is really hard to answer this query because I very well understand your drive for this Bike as it hit all C5 lovers with the same magnitude.There was a time few months back,when we all were dying to know the launch date of C5 in India,at least I was.
However I own my piece of EFI & am in love with every inch I cover on this.

Talking about the practical side,yes at least one major issue that has been acknowledged by RE is the absence of Lambda sensor.
Still many or almost all of the C5's are running fine including mine only with trivial issues which every machine can have,yet to be on safer side you can just wait & watch RE's next step in the direction of resolving this particular issue,perhaps you can voluntarily delay your Bike delivery date until there is some official announcement from RE regarding this.You can get in touch with RE people also for that.

Otherwise I don't think there is any point in canceling the booking & waiting till every thing becomes perfect & there is no space for improvements.

Most Viewed