Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:21   #4156

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

I own a Classic 500 BS3. It has an AEW Goldstar aftermarket exhaust installed on it. I recently got its throttle body cleaned at a FNG. After doing that, whenever I ride the bike, it gives out a loud (read thundering) pop almost every time when I let go of the throttle or use up the entire rev band. It did not have such a problem before aside the occasional pops which weren't as deafening as these. What might be the problem? Will installing a DB killer to the exhaust help in any way?
Old 17th April 2021, 20:18   #4157
BHPian

Anybody has fuse box diagram for Classic 500 showing the details of fuses? Couldn't find it in the manual. I had replaced a 10A fuse, but doesn't know which circuit.
Old 4th August 2021, 22:19   #4158
BHPian

Hi, Bhpians I needed a price check on the cost of an EFI throttle body. I am being quoted 12k for an OEM spare. I am not getting any reliable leads online would be gratefully if someone here can confirm if it’s accurate or not.
Cheers
Old 5th August 2021, 00:25   #4159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by admn_nur View Post
I own a Classic 500 BS3. It has an AEW Goldstar aftermarket exhaust installed on it. I recently got its throttle body cleaned at a FNG. After doing that, whenever I ride the bike, it gives out a loud (read thundering) pop almost every time when I let go of the throttle or use up the entire rev band. It did not have such a problem before aside the occasional pops which weren't as deafening as these. What might be the problem? Will installing a DB killer to the exhaust help in any way?
You have air leak if the after fire pops were not there before throttle body cleaning. Get it checked of air leak.

Last edited by Randhawa : 5th August 2021 at 00:34.
Old 5th August 2021, 00:38   #4160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Anybody has fuse box diagram for Classic 500 showing the details of fuses? Couldn't find it in the manual. I had replaced a 10A fuse, but doesn't know which circuit.

See if these diagram helps.

Name:  a.png
Views: 1569
Size:  65.6 KB

Name:  b.png
Views: 1453
Size:  245.9 KB
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:10   #4161
BHPian

This one is just for the memory of 10 years with my Classic Chrome. I can't thank T-BHP enough for the immense information and support I got during this period. I think this one will be with me all the way. A reference picture of the restoration (engine case, head and front shocks) which was done over many weeks during the lockdown and rains.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_20210804_185921572.jpg  

sudipta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 11:38   #4162
BHPian

Looking for suggestions here. I am still on my stock MRF Zapper Tyre with around 20k odometer. Off-late, I feel slipping of rear wheels while powering out of the bend. Is it because of the tyre which may need a change now?
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:28   #4163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
This one is just for the memory of 10 years with my Classic Chrome.
Quote:
Looking for suggestions here. I am still on my stock MRF Zapper Tyre with around 20k odometer. Off-late, I feel slipping of rear wheels while powering out of the bend. Is it because of the tyre which may need a change now?
sudipta, are you still running the MRF Zapper tires that came with the bike? If yes, then please change them at the earliest. They are well beyond their expected life span.

If not, please share some pictures of the front and rear tire. Als, do share details of the manufacturing date on the tire. That can help us give you the right suggestions.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:26   #4164
BHPian

Yes, still the same tyres that came with the bike. What will be the best replacement?
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:55   #4165
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, still the same tyres that came with the bike. What will be the best replacement?
The same MRFs, Ceat Zoom, Apollo Actigrip these are the ones that you should check. You used to get Michelin Sirac (made by TVS), not sure if they're still available!

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:01   #4166
BHPian

The other day while replacing the stator coil, i noticed that the inside of the case was all cracked. Is this natural, its a very sparingly used bike, 2010 model.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_2412.jpg  

Old 9th January 2023, 16:54   #4167
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I own a 2016 BS3 Classic 500 model. For a few months now, I have noticed that the gear shifts are relatively smooth after changing the oil and remain smooth up to a 1000 odd kilometers. Post that the gear shifting becomes very difficult and shifting to neutral also becomes a cumbersome task. (Maybe related) the clutch also doesn't disengage completely even after all the depressing the clutch lever completely and tightening the clutch to the maximum possible limit. Any help is this regard would be highly helpful. Would also love to get some recommendations for good RE service centers (OEM/otherwise) in Hyderabad to check and rectify the issues.

Additionally, I am also planning to change the front forks and cushions as the current ones fail miserably to damp any niggles on the road. Have to change the tyres as well. Any suggestions on the same are also welcome! Cheers!
Old 10th January 2023, 09:58   #4168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA19Rao View Post
Hi, Bhpians I needed a price check on the cost of an EFI throttle body. I am being quoted 12k for an OEM spare. I am not getting any reliable leads online would be gratefully if someone here can confirm if it’s accurate or not.
Cheers
Hi. Your quote is more or less accurate as a pump replacement (approximately 4 years back) had set me back by Rs. 13.5k. A cheaper alternative (that was suggested to me back then) was to have it replaced with the fuel pump of a Chevrolet Beat. Absolutely not sure how that works out though. This one has a 5 bolt plate, so may be hard to come by.
Old 13th February 2023, 15:59   #4169

Hello there, I am Ekam from punjab and i've been a reader of this forum for quite sometime. And now I have come here seeking help.

I own a 2014 BS3 Classic 500. It was bought used and the previous owner has had it converted from EFI to a carb. Ownership of this has been a hit and miss from me, although it has never let me stranded, but reliability has been somewhat bad.

The problem I am now facing is, I feel the bike feels stressed, like it needs more rpms for not that much speed. Earlier I was able to cruise comfortably a 70-80 with a pillion whereas now it needs much more revs to even cross 60 while riding solo. I have had spark plugs changed, carb cleaned, service done on 12th Jan 23, the air filter is cleaned, the carb tuned by my local mech (I am not quite sure if this was properly tuned or not). I know this isnt a sports bike by any means but it takes a lot out of the engine to get till 30kmph in 2nd gear, which it earlier didnt. There is also a ticking noise coming from the timing gear which my mech says will go away after a few kms and it hasnt. The decompressor sound in the morning has increased during cold starts despite the weather having warmed up and it takes a lot many kicks to start, the self start also doesnt help much (the battery was repalced last month).

There is an air leakage at the bend-exhaust join due to terrible fitment by the previous owner which is to be solved as i will be replacing it with a slash cut from RE itself. I will also be replacing the rubber piece between the carb and the engine head as it has also developed cracks like what happened with @Aniruddha_Ch.

I really need this issue solved and would appreciate any advice. If it is of any help, I am a 6'4" 88kg solo rider which I thought I should mention as its not the average and i dont think my weight is slowing the bike down but you never know. Please excuse if any mistakes are there in the formatting or language as this is my first proper post. Thanks!
Old 14th February 2023, 10:52   #4170
Senior - BHPian

I recently serviced my 2015 Classic 500 at the service center and noticed post service, I can hear the tappets. I couldn't hear anything before service, but now its very clear. Service center guys mentioned that they did not open anything and only drained and refilled the oil. Oil used was the standard oil (Semi Synthetic RE 15W50 I believe). They claim that the noise is usual.

Any opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasagna59 View Post
There is an air leakage at the bend-exhaust join due to terrible fitment by the previous owner which is to be solved as i will be replacing it with a slash cut from RE itself. I will also be replacing the rubber piece between the carb and the engine head as it has also developed cracks like what happened with @Aniruddha_Ch.
When you accelerate do you see loss in performance or does the bike sound okay but doesn't move as quick? If the rubber manifold between the engine and carb has a leak, you'd have terrible performance with misfiring and the feeling of starvation.

If the bike sounds fine, but doesn't move as fast as it sounds, then probably could be the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks