Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 15:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

cbz parts are easily avaiable

restore it before parts get expensive and hard to find...
Old 25th January 2010, 14:50   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum_torque View Post
The thing is that the engine has been hauled thrice already.
I have a 9 year old CBZ. Still going strong. I ride it everyday. Use it as a commuter, actually took the bike instead of the car today because of the lovely weather in Bangalore.

She is still stock. Engines never been opened and has 75k on the odo.

Keep it. Parked in the midst of Pulsars, Apaches and what not it still stands out.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

When i read your thread i was like give it to me if you dont know what to do with it.

Jokes apart, To this day i regret my dads decission of selling his RD 350 for buying a bajaj chetak as family grew and also because one of the two cylenders in the RD ceased and spares were not redily available. He used to say he was lucky he got 7k for the bike he brought for 10k.

The point is you will not even get peanuts for the bike and remember someone will have to get it fixed so why not you?

I used to have a CBZ in college and it had a yamaha R1 color scheme(blue and white) with Ducati written on it and trust me every other guy used to ask me if the bike was imported.

Pramod
Old 25th January 2010, 15:45   #19
BANNED

@IronH4WK nice bike you got interested in doing few things even in my bike specially the self start, where you have got it done and how much it costed you, i am running 5 AH battery which is enough to power the self start.
Detailed pricing of other stuff will be great.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
@IronH4WK nice bike you got interested in doing few things even in my bike specially the self start, where you have got it done and how much it costed you, i am running 5 AH battery which is enough to power the self start.
i got this done at Shreyas Automobiles in Domlur Layout. they were first reluctant to work on it since they're authorised Hero Honda service/dealership. later they agreed since every part that was going to be changed/added was genuine Hero Honda

ask for Suresh (many others who had worked on my bike have moved on). give him reference of a black CBZ (with KL plates) that was modified there a few years ago. if that don't work, pm me and i'll give you my number. you can call me when you go there.

the mods were done many years back (maybe even 4-5yrs) except for the engine scoop, which was done a just about a year back and hence i don't exactly remember the prices. also, now it would be irrelevant since the prices of the parts would have changed.

in total i would have shelled out 35k+ (yep!)

to quote Bryan Adams:

"when you love someone,
you'll sacrifice
you'd give it everything you've got
and won't think twice
you'd risk it all,
no matter what may come
when you love someone.."

Old 25th January 2010, 16:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
i got this done at Shreyas Automobiles in Domlur Layout. they were first reluctant to work on it since they're authorised Hero Honda service/dealership. later they agreed since every part that was going to be changed/added was genuine Hero Honda

ask for Suresh (many others who had worked on my bike have moved on). give him reference of a black CBZ (with KL plates) that was modified there a few years ago. if that don't work, pm me and i'll give you my number. you can call me when you go there.

the mods were done many years back (maybe even 4-5yrs) except for the engine scoop, which was done a just about a year back and hence i don't exactly remember the prices. also, now it would be irrelevant since the prices of the parts would have changed.

in total i would have shelled out 35k+ (yep!)

to quote Bryan Adams:

"when you love someone,
you'll sacrifice
you'd give it everything you've got
and won't think twice
you'd risk it all,
no matter what may come
when you love someone.."

Old 25th January 2010, 18:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

oops! duplicates!! dunno how it happened. please delete the duplicate post and this one too. thank you in advance Mod.
Old 25th January 2010, 22:45   #23
BANNED

Thanks for reply mate as even i tried with other dealers to fit self start in my bike but they all said not possible but looking at the construction i can make it out that its possible, will ping you once i decide to do this, i just want self start as still i preffer old skool type spoked bikes .
My RD rebuild is on final stage so you can understand my pockets situation.
And my long pending dream to install a 200 cc strada Honda CBX cylinder kit in my CBZ.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 25th January 2010 at 22:48.
Old 26th January 2010, 00:38   #24
BHPian

Restore her.. CBZ parts are easily available. I would recommend you to do get the engine job done at Hero Honda authorised service centre. Hero honda local spares are not much reliable. Restore her and enjoy the same ride for next 5-10 yrs.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:54   #25
BHPian

Well here are my facts:
CBZ June 1999 Model.
Engine Overhaul done @ 175000 kms!
KMs run till date 183000+
Top Speed 117+ (as per meter)
Average Kya Hai? - 40-45 kmpl (shifting around 5-6k rpm).

So the advise is: be proud and restore it.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:05   #26
BHPian

My CBZ's Pics

And now, for some pics!

What do I do of my 10 year old CBZ?-image_190.jpg

What do I do of my 10 year old CBZ?-image_191.jpg

What do I do of my 10 year old CBZ?-image_192.jpg

Does look a little dilapidated. The thing is, my usage is too much and I ride it a bit rough. I have to get it serviced once in a month because it the ride just becomes so rough. But as far as power and balance is concerned, this is a jewel of a bike. I cannot like any other bike but Karizma over this.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:32   #27
BHPian

Now that I have so much support on restoring the bike, What do you guys suggest?

Do i get it restored from my regular local mechanic or should I give it to an authorized Hero Honda service center? The bike is running fine so I guess, for a bare minimum, spending about 4K extra on the bike should restore it to a decent condition. What say?
Old 30th January 2010, 01:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Local mech. ONLY if you are very sure he is upto his job and has a proper place and equipment. Else authorized only. But know that authorized centres can be even worse. Either way, make abs. sure only genuine parts are used. How about considering something like a Castrol Bike Zone? Dunno if they operate in Bombay though.
Old 1st February 2010, 01:05   #29
BHPian

@ Maximum Torque - The Gen 1 CBZ is a beautiful machine. Except for one thing. I think who ever designed that should be hit on his head with a kick lever. I am sure you get what I am talking. The stupid and annoying kick lever operation.

Other than that, this is a beautiful bike, handles well, rides well gears always fall in place. And a far better bikes than almost all of the 150 cc bikes that are currently available in the market, if tuned wisely.

My kind suggestion. You might have had your good days and bad days in the last 10 years. Think about it, this machine has to do something about it, isnt it? If this means a lot to you, restore it, if money is what matters, sell it but you will regret that all your life. I write this out of my experience with a beautiful 1986 RX 100 i used to have.

Dont sell it. If you cant repair it now, keep it at home, repair it when you got the money coming in. Please do not sell it. It is easy to sell off something you have used, but you will realize how much it meant to you after it is gone.

Last edited by ron_9191 : 1st February 2010 at 01:09.
Old 1st February 2010, 09:03   #30
BHPian

I also own a 2001 model CBZ and use it daily. Cant think of parting with it. Its a lovely bike though underpowered. 55k on the odo and still going strong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks