Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2010, 21:51   #1
BHPian

Customised RE 350 - (2006)

Hey All,

Please find attached the pics of my Customized RE 350, a few more tasks needs to be done on the bike and its work in progress. Drago is the name. I understand that loads of RE owners just do not accept a mod job on a RE, but well i just wanted it this way so sorry guys.

I just love it this far and the usual niggles of a RE remain though.

Mods: I am being enthusiastic in creating my own thread for Drago, if you so choose to club it with any other link please do.

Best Regards,

Srini
Attached Thumbnails
Customised RE 350 - (2006)-p1150009.jpg  

Customised RE 350 - (2006)-p1150010.jpg  

Customised RE 350 - (2006)-p1170019.jpg  

Customised RE 350 - (2006)-p1170020.jpg  

Old 26th January 2010, 22:00   #2
BHPian

can u please list the mods carried out?
any performance mods?
is it a Standard or an Electra?
that silencer must be extremely loud..?
overall nicely done, hope u maintain it properly
Old 26th January 2010, 22:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Excellent job!

Things I liked
Short Handle
Blacked out engine block
Exhaust
Stance

Things I disliked
Black covers on the spokes
Single bar crash guard
Graphics in black
Old 27th January 2010, 09:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good one. Do post the cost involved. It resembles an Avenger in some pix but size wise this should look much bigger.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:32   #5
BHPian

good one there Srini. congratulations.
i especially liked the foot rest mod for the rider. neat. how effective/comfortable is it in practicality. and the chrome side cover makes it look like a 'big' cruiser.

@jkdas: thats probably because of headlight and rear chrome strip on mudguard: seem to be borrowed from Avenger

Last edited by somspaple : 27th January 2010 at 13:37. Reason: reply addition
Old 27th January 2010, 16:28   #6
BHPian

good job, nicely and very carefully made bike.
keep it up dear, those are the lucky people who bring their dreams into reality

cheers
sajid
Old 27th January 2010, 17:21   #7
BHPian

Thanks !

Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback ! The mods in general are the front rake has been increased to 55 degrees, extended gears and brakes, rear shocks changed to gas filled shocks, Rear stay widened to accommodate the wider tyres, 15 inch rims in the rear, relatively Straight Handle bars, inverted front shocks, seat work, rear mudguard adapted, light and meter cluster. custom air filter relocated in the side box, wheel covers (of sorts), Free flow exhaust.

Iron : Its a standard RE 350, always preferred the Cast Iron to the others. and I got the basic bike real cheap so decided to use it. the exhaust is not loud but yes is surely pronounced. In comparison to a new gen bullet with a short bottle exhaust its about 20% louder, thats practically a hear say

Randhawa : Right, I also dont quiet like the wheel covers will go i guess !! will paint the spokes black to highlight the rims most likely. Black paint job on the grey (grey borrowed from the apache) was not exactly supposed to be this way but is now ! hhehehe!

JKDAS: The basic idea was taken from a cruiser, i wanted a cruiser of sorts, started with the goldwing but finally had to accept it was not practically possible for me. the avenger did not give me the feel of a cruiser, i had a loaner avenger with me for a few weeks and did not feel thrilled. hence this concoction.

Somspaple : Comfortable actually, Did a chennai bangalore ride and felt good, never did that ride on a stock bullet so cannot compare. Surely more comfortable than on a avenger (did half the trip on a avenger). The chrome side covers are a stopgap arrangement the plan is to have something like the HD. will work on it.

Cray4's : thanks pal, I am thankful to all who all this possible.

Thanks folks and please keep your recommendations coming through, as we all know work like this is always Work in progress.

Best Regards,

Srini

Last edited by Srini76 : 27th January 2010 at 17:22.
Old 30th January 2010, 11:30   #8
BHPian

look guys every single screw is giving the shining best look, i restored some RE and i can understand the efforts very well

cheers
sajid
Old 30th January 2010, 16:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

srini one helluva wonderful job on the RE. I personally like it except for those wheel covers. I know you are gonna get rid of it. Who did the job and what did it set you back by ?
Old 1st February 2010, 07:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Really liked the mod-job.

The bike reminded me of the Harley V-Rod from the profile pictures. A job well done. Kudos!

On a different note, do consider getting better front tires.
Old 1st February 2010, 07:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike over all apart, hey in of your post you mentioned inverted front forks. sorry i may be a knob to what they are but i cant spot them in the front.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:27   #12
BHPian

Fantastic! to tell you frankly this is the first mod job on a bull that i actually liked. Some daylight pics would do justice to the work. All in all job well executed. Keep it up!
Old 11th March 2010, 12:39   #13
BHPian

Hi All,

Update - The wheel covers are off and some work in progress to improve the overall theme.

Incidentally the work was done by (Bulleteer Customs) bangalore and my personal advice is DO NOT go to Carlos/Ricardo for your bike mod jobs please. He super charged me (~ 73,000/-) and the work is insanely bad. I am listing out a few things done in Chennai to get the ride back to Shape.

All Electricals Changed, Al engine gaskets changed, Carburator Changed (He cracked the base, dunno how), Clutch Changed, rear shocks broke, front end collapsed, welding gave way etc etc etc. The total damages to get the Ride back on track was about 14,000/-. and all this in about 1500 Kilometers after the build.

Incidentally for those who want the complete list or info with prices please PM.

Mods : No I am not targetting Carlos/ricardo due to personal vendetta and have also filed a case in the consumer court for the work list they provided for the cost is more than 60% not done.

Advice needed: He replies to by mail but refuses to divulge his address even to receive the court notice. Can members in Bangalore help with the address, The work shop is at a place which called (Sunshine Layout) Kamanahalli. He has replied to about '30' number of messages but never gives his address despite telling him that we have filed a case and need his address to send notice, we have also filed a report seeking to flash a notice in the local media after which the court will take it forward.

The intention is not to be cheated, I understand that I will spend more perhaps on this but he refused to refund when offered (He offered me 5k as refund). Hard earned money and more than 2 months of delay and then complete break down. I initially planned for a STD 350 (new) it was he who said please give it to me and it will also help him financially etc and I even advanced about 80 % of the money before I came to India and this he does.

Pleae advice - need all the help that you can offer

Best Regards,

Srinivas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks