Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Yeah the timing gear box was what i meant and it is a petrol filter , i am pretty confident in opening things, sometimes they fit & sometimes they don't, then i say All is well lol !

jokes apart i am pretty confident on that... positng pics ...
Old 29th January 2010, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Problems With Standard 350-dscn0890.jpg

Problems With Standard 350-dscn0892.jpg

here are the pics
Old 29th January 2010, 16:44   #18
BHPian

well, just read about "missing the beat". even my bike does that. reason ?
Old 29th January 2010, 18:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

where is the iridium plug which has failed.will be interesting to see it.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

A common piece of information for all using Iridium plugs. Iridium plugs are great for good throttle response and 2-3 Kmpl more mileage. That said, they also are very susceptible to fouling due to a rich mixture, especially if the said rich mixture is at idle. The only way out is to sandblast the iridium plug once it fouls so much that the spark starts dancing about. I use an iridium plug and I love it for the crisp throttle response and smoothness it gives me but this is one drawback I have observed.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 30th January 2010, 10:45   #21
BHPian

ok, everything set, seems good, Bull seems too powerfull, i dont know why ? but its missing a beat when i try to whack open the throttle ? Turns off after 5 minutes of idle ?

Did a plug chop today morning and its chocolate brown in color. Now is this perfect ?
Old 30th January 2010, 16:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

I'm interested in the pic of the Iridium.where is it?
Old 30th January 2010, 17:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post

Did a plug chop today morning and its chocolate brown in color. Now is this perfect ?
If it is chocolate brown at WOT, it is prefect jetting. If it is chocolate brown at idle, it is a perfect idle mix. If you are managing chocolate brown at both idle and WOT, then usually the jetting will be alright all across the range. Then, you've cracked the perfect mix. Time to party.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 30th January 2010, 17:45   #24
BHPian

it was chocolate brown after runnning almost 15 kms straight, Didnt check at idle.. should i ?

Another thing i noticed today was that there is a increased power output. i took the bull at 90kmph today and after that the thump became a bit louder.. is there any explanation for that ?

iridium guys : didnt take the Plug when i got it replaced at the mech. i went there again just in case they didnt throw it away, couldnt find it there. :( sorry.

Jay : Plug is at chocolate brown, if i check the plug after idle how much time should i give at idling ?

Some observations : Heat feels a bit increased ! Clatter almost 70% less, other noises almost gone.. no tak -tak nothing. there was a 500LB like sound from the engine when i used to accellerate, now its back to normal.

Bent pipe is at normal color after 200kms ride to dhanolti , bike handled it beautifully.

Thanks Jay & everyone..
Old 30th January 2010, 22:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post

Jay : Plug is at chocolate brown, if i check the plug after idle how much time should i give at idling ?
About the increased power output, maybe it is due to the spot on carburation. Did you work on the carb? About a plug chop at idle. A minute of idling should do. Anyway, enjoy your Bull now.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 30th January 2010, 22:43   #26
BHPian

What i exactly did was took my bull to the mech and asked him to set my carb. after he did i came back home, took the pete-snidal and started the operation carb. ! after trying for 5 hrs. i got hold of the procedure, i had a idea before as i saw the mechs do it. I used to set the rich and lean before, but never re-did the full carb by myself.

it was a awesome experience as i opened the carb. cleaned it, put it back, then set it, have the plug chop & now after a 200km ride its still chocolate brown.

I will check the idling thing in the morning.

q> My bike is not idling that good, max idle time is 5 minutes, should i increase the idling from carb ? Can it also be something from the CB point ?
Old 30th January 2010, 23:11   #27
BANNED

You have attained Nirvana

Next time you have problem, try working it yourself and then only post here.

About the idling. The lesser time a bike idles the better it is. If it has to idle for more then 2-3 mins, shut it off.

Yes idle can be increased on the carb, no need to touch the points.

Next learn point settings. Best of Luck.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:06   #28
BHPian

Fitting Iridium plugs are the way to go the tips dont burn out resulting with the gap remaining constant. If the engine is a "soft" engine than the flame rate is not sufficient to generate heat to allow the plug to burn the fuel/air mixture efficiently,the motor will run rich and bog down. A member wanted to upgrade his Honda Blackbird and fitted a high rated Iridium plug and the obvious happened yours truly was called out spending many hours just to do a plug chop.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:12   #29
BHPian

Thanks Spitfire , i think pete-snidal is a big savior and offcourse you guys . if 2-3 mins is the thing then its ok with the bike as it is. Wont be tampering too much now !

Thanks Again Jay & Spitfire
Old 31st January 2010, 17:44   #30
BHPian

hey shan, I am a new bull owner and am very keen to learn the DIY on my bike because I really like doing solo rides.

Where exactly can I get a pete-snidal and is it like a soft copy or a proper hard back book?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks