Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 00:28   #16
BHPian

I'd suggest you try out the Pulsar 135. I own one, and it's good, really good. The pick up and acceleration is great for a vehicle of it's capacity, and the mileage it returns is about 55-60 kmpl. It is a reasonably small bike though, not very heavy, so see if that factor is ok with you. Else you always have the others like the Splendor+, Star City, Passion+, etc.
Old 21st March 2010, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hey esumitkumar

Why not try the Honda Stunner. It is a good bike selling in good numbers, so no issues like a flop bike. The mileage is also good well over 50 kmpl, & you have the option of going for FI model.

It looks the best amongst the current lot (mini ZMA looks)refined + reliable & perfoamance is also good.

Just try it out.
Best of Luck
the stunner engine is anything but refined ,have you rideen one extensively ? .if you want a smooth engine then glamour is good . performance in 125 cc is best of gladiator .

Unicorn is very comfortable ,smooth , solid bike but is the slowest 150cc and looks dated and is more for the 'uncle' types .

P135 is great bike with 4valves ,digi speedo , superb power that matches unicorn but is still new in market .
Old 21st March 2010, 12:44   #18
BHPian

Gladiator RS or Stunner 125 , others do'nt come close
Old 21st March 2010, 15:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Unicorn is very comfortable ,smooth , solid bike but is the slowest 150cc
Don't go by what mags say, they bluntly put in figures,
seat of the pants feel, Uni is as fast as other 150's*
Quote:
and looks dated and is more for the 'uncle' types .
Hope they come out with a new look,

Gladiator is my choice strictly if one has to pick a 125cc and it feels faster than other 125's*

*not comparing it with 160 or 135 engines
Old 21st March 2010, 18:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Don't go by what mags say, they bluntly put in figures,
seat of the pants feel, Uni is as fast as other 150's*
Hope they come out with a new look,
All of them are wrong you are saying ? . in performance uni is always last . checkout Power figures of RTR , pulsar150 ,Hunk/xtreme , FZ . uni is very heavy and slow . i'm not talking just about auto mag comparos . try doing some drags on it and you will know . upt0 40-50 it can keep upto others tail but after that it just doesnt have the pull of like other 150cc's .
Old 21st March 2010, 18:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
4. HH Splendor Plus - Would stay away from this as long as you are behind resale value as your main point. We have got one for the family and I cannot even think of riding and sustaining on one after having ride in it. Powerless and torque is also nothing to write home about.

Gearless scoots are better compared to HH Splendor in terms of convenience, acceleration, pick up, overtaking etc. The only place where they suffer is mileage.
I would suggest you have the bike checked! I have been riding a Splendor since Y2K and it is not so bad! The bottom end is good enough for the city and no problems up to 60 KPH, and this with two on board. Just don't try to drag with big boys though! I find hardly any Activa / Access able to keep up with me!

And oh, I downgraded from the boss - Shogun!

Last edited by Gansan : 21st March 2010 at 19:01.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
All of them are wrong you are saying ? . in performance uni is always last .
Performance for you might be drag timings and 0-60/100, for me its a very wide and bigger spectrum,
try cornering any 150 along with a Uni and see what conclusions you come up with,
see how it responds under braking, how composed it is, not that others are bad, but she stands above,
i am talking about 150's only, not 160 and hence no RTR, FZ rules the braking and handling field
Quote:
checkout Power figures of RTR , pulsar150 ,Hunk/xtreme , FZ . uni is very heavy and slow . i'm not talking just about auto mag comparos . try doing some drags on it and you will know . upt0 40-50 it can keep upto others tail but after that it just doesnt have the pull of like other 150cc's .
upto 40 kmph a Uni can keep up with a R15/P-220, post 60, gap widens
have ridden all 150's long and hard enough to comment,
except for 15, there is very little to chose as far as figures and stats go
anyways if you are not happy with a Uni, it is cool, let the thread starter post a Test ride, decide, what he wishes to ride everyday and anyways i presume he won't be racing either on street or tracks, so a sec here or there won't be that of an issue in 0-60/100 or top end

P.s--i don't ride/own a Unicorn

Last edited by Sheel : 21st March 2010 at 23:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks