Team-BHP - Yamaha R15 - 1 month delivery period?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Yamaha R15 - 1 month delivery period? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/74742-yamaha-r15-1-month-delivery-period.html)

Today i booked a YZF - R15 yellow color model.

But the dealer [though a helpful person] in Rajkot, Gujarat told me it would take a month to deliver the bike.

The reason being lack of support and non availability of colors on the Company side. Is the information true ?

He then asked me to purchase a red color one which he said, that could be arranged on request and that he would also have to take pains for it also.

I want people on the forum to share some latest info regarding the R15 if any ... please:

It would be helpful.

They stopped sending out bikes in November last year saying an updated 2010 version will be launched at the Auto Expo, but then nothing happend, so normal shipping began. Its the same bike they sell, which was launched I think 2 years ago.

Don't worry too much about colour. The chassis is the same paint for all colours. For a few thousand rupees you would be able to buy body panels of different colours and then change your bike colour at will

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 1713361)
Don't worry too much about colour. The chassis is the same paint for all colours. For a few thousand rupees you would be able to buy body panels of different colours and then change your bike colour at will

What about registration and colour change in RC book? Wont that cause issues, particularly during resale?

Well, I would say true to some extend. Here's the info I obtained. The "Yellow" is hot selling color (all over India), I'm surprised too. Most dealers have ordered by Dec 1st week so that they would be able to sell by Dec end to sell off the 09 stock. But the dealers who've ordered by Dec end will make a sale of new 10 models in Jan. So, IMO, if your dealer says to wait, its better to wait & take 10 models rather than RED R15, which may be 09 stock

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 1713379)
What about registration and colour change in RC book? Wont that cause issues, particularly during resale?

Yes, you're right. Don't do the color change. Forget the resale, if some morron happen to damage your vehicle, insurance claims & FIR becomes a become issue 'cause the RC states you vehicle is RED, while in reality its YELLOW.

Colors can be changed in RC book if a request is made to the MV dept, though how efficient/inefficient they are, everyone knows

^^if color is important, WAIT, else go for the one available
*R15 are coming trifle little nowadays and heard that the engine will be(may be already is) locally manufactured, earlier they were imported

What I heard is that post-July 2009, production of most components including the engine was started in India , not sure about injectors and ECU , but probably it's entirely manufactured in India. So has anyone got any consistent reports of reduced quality/reliability ? Has Yamaha been able to maintain the same quality for local manufacture ?

Hello

Thank you all.

Actually i originally wanted Yamaha Blue .. but the dealer told me that it was very difficult / quite not possible to get blue color .. so i had to set for a yellow as other option only ... but now after I actually saw a Blue on road ... i felt Yellow was more eye catching. Today I told the dealer that i will not settle for anything else than Yellow and he told me it would take maximum a month now ... so I paid him the booking amount of Rs. 5,000/- for yellow .

Right now I am just checking the acessories list for R15 .. and Waiting.

My father has also asked me to stay Patient.

Guys Do share any new info as well and give your suggestions :)