Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 20:20   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post

But, Bivin, I asked you to look at the old Karizma-R and not the ZMR. Old Karizma-R is is around 84k onroad, a 20k less than ZMR.

Daytona kits are not for street and are illegal to use on public roads. They are legal only on race circuits.
yes buddy i did test the regular ZMA. but it was in a bit of traffic so couldnt really open up the taps on it. but i did really like the seating position, and city maneuverability was rather good, and gear shifts were pretty good aswell.

besides, the ZMR was over my budget anyways..
will look into RE once again when they are relaunched with the new UCE engine..

also tested the RTR 180.
LOVED the performance, can eat an FZ in a drag race, and handling was rather pleasing aswell. only drawback was the seating position.. i have to crouch quite a bit while riding which isnt ideal for long term use..

Cheers!!

P.S: IMO, all the part on the Daytona Race kit, besides the exhaust are street legal. i guess these are some ECU mods, etc... Please do correct me if i am wrong...

Last edited by bivin : 8th February 2010 at 20:26.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:54   #47
BHPian

Hey Bivin, I am not sure if you've already inquired but Southern Motors, Annanagar (Not sure about other dealers) are not selling the Electra 5S anymore... their range is CL 350, 500 & Thunderbird. Sorry if this info disappointed you!
Old 8th February 2010, 21:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hey Bivin, I am not sure if you've already inquired but Southern Motors, Annanagar (Not sure about other dealers) are not selling the Electra 5S anymore... their range is CL 350, 500 & Thunderbird. Sorry if this info disappointed you!
OH NO!!

i did go to the RE dealership in adayar 2 weeks back, to check out the RE Classic, but forgot to inquire about the Electra. hard to know even that is out of the question now. hopefully it will re-emerge with a UCE engine soon enough..
thanks a lot for the info buddy!! really appreciate it!!
Old 8th February 2010, 21:13   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Thought it is suspicious, quite a few ZMRs have been released across the country,
any clues on why aren't they available?

Quote:
Daytona kits are not for street and are illegal to use on public roads. They are legal only on race circuits.
You want them? (though they will be available post a month OFF THE SHELFS)
Old 9th February 2010, 12:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a brand new white ZMR on temp registration today morning.
Old 9th February 2010, 13:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

I have owned a P220 Fi (the most so called unreliable Bajaj bike!) for over 2 years now....

I have ridden it on some of the best roads (read: race track) and some of the worst off road (read: Marismek La 18300 feet).....I have clocked over 50K kms on this bike. And I still don't get what the hullaballoo about reliability is.

If you take of a product, it will take care of you too... Its as simple as that!
Old 31st May 2010, 18:17   #52
BHPian

ok guys!! this thread died a long while back, as my plans had been put on hold. now im glad to say its back alive!! ive decided that my new bike will be the RE Electra UCE. this came after a lot of days gone in deciding between the CL 500/350, STD 350 and the Electra. im planning to get it in black. any suggestions and tips are welcome guys. and i am also expecting some maintainence tips from the RE gurus here when i do get my bike.

btw, guys i need some help. i just checked up with the RE showroom in Annanagar, Chennai (which is now shifted to Shanti colony), and the dude told me that the waiting period was for atleast 2-3 months even if we pay full cash. can anybody find out the waiting period in the dealership in Adayar. thanks a ton in advance guys!!
Cheers!!
Old 16th June 2010, 21:50   #53
BHPian

GUYS!!
well to those of you who've been reading this thread, you must be thinking i was gonna get the UCE Electra. well so did i, until yesterday. i saw the TBTS up close, took a td and was absolutely blown away!! so i went today and booked myself a TBTS in Riviera Red instead of the Black Electra as planned earlier!!

i remember RollinThunda telling me it was a pity i didnt like the bike.. i would have never known id accept what he said!! so much so that im getting my bike in the same colour as his!! thanks a lot buddy!! now i have to wait for the 10 week waiting period for my Bird to come!!

@mods: kindly change the title of the thread to "The wait begins for my new ThunderBird"

Thanks and Cheers!!

Last edited by bivin : 16th June 2010 at 21:52.
Old 9th August 2012, 10:50   #54

Re: Please suggest a new Bike for me!!

Friends please suggest me a bike, this bike will be used by my office boy, so not looking for a fancy model

My requirements are as follows :

1. Good durable bike
2. Good Average, as the running about be around 100 kms per day
3. Cheap on maintenance

To be very frank, I am a noob as far as bikes are concerned, so havent shortlisted any, infact I dont even know which ones are there in the market.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
Friends please suggest me a bike, this bike will be used by my office boy, so not looking for a fancy model

1. Good durable bike
3. Cheap on maintenance

To be very frank, I am a noob as far as bikes are concerned, so havent shortlisted any, infact I dont even know which ones are there in the market.
If the bike is to be used by your office boy, do his duties include transporting things/stuff, going out and buying things, deliveries, etc? If so, you might want to consider a step-thru model like a scooter instead of a regular motorcycle.

Also, what is your budget?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 11:42   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
  1. Bajaj Platina 125/100cc (not sure which model is still in production)
  2. Bajaj Discover 100
  3. TVS Star City 100/110
  4. Honda Dream Yuga 110
  5. Hero Splendor+
You cannot go wrong with any of these bikes. They return good average and are quite durable. Since they are commuter segment bikes the maintenance should not be high for the initial 3-4 years at least.
Thanks Abhinav, now atleast I have got some leads to follow, Iam inclined more towards the Hero Spendor, as one of my friends also suggested the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
If the bike is to be used by your office boy, do his duties include transporting things/stuff, going out and buying things, deliveries, etc? If so, you might want to consider a step-thru model like a scooter instead of a regular motorcycle.

Also, what is your budget?
Thanks for your reply sir, We already have an Activa doing great service, we have around 2 office boys, the bajaj super which the other boy was using is way beyond its age, hence has to be scrapped soon. I heard some of these Hero Honda bikes give about 60-70 kms mileage, hence I thought of getting one of these to cut down costs. Budget between 50 to 60K

Mod's Note: Please do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote button when you need to respond to multiple people.

Posts merged.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
1. Good durable bike
3. Cheap on maintenance
  1. Bajaj Platina 125/100cc (not sure which model is still in production)
  2. Bajaj Discover 100
  3. TVS Star City 100/110
  4. Honda Dream Yuga 110
  5. Hero Splendor+
You cannot go wrong with any of these bikes. They return good average and are quite durable. Since they are commuter segment bikes the maintenance should not be high for the initial 3-4 years at least.

Edit: Good point raised by KiloAplha. As a workaround, you can fit a box to the bike to enable to carry small stuff and deliveries etc. If it involves big parcels then you are better at looking at scooters.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 9th August 2012 at 11:47.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 13:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
  1. As a workaround, you can fit a box to the bike to enable to carry small stuff and deliveries etc. If it involves big parcels then you are better at looking at scooters.
I agree with Abhinav but if you are pllanning to use a scooter for 100 kms run its not at all recommended because of lack of comfort,safety, and low mileage. You did better look for fabricated stuff to mount your parcels etc.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 17:27   #59
BHPian

Hello friends
Im currently in the same dilemma of which bike to buy. Ive narrowed down my choices to Duke 200 and the R15 v2.0. Both are readily available off the shelf.

The duke is priced 10k higher than the r15. The r15 dealer says no test rides will be given for the bike whereas the ktm dealer has agreed to a test ride.

Now i dont know which bike to choose. Before calling the dealers i had the notion that both the bikes had a waiting period. Now i hear they can be delivered in two days. I do want a new bike as ive never had one. Now i feel kinda rushed to buy without a waiting period.

My requirements are:
- Touring maybe 100-200kms a day or even more.
- good mileage so as i can tour peacefully without hunting for gas stations.
- comfort for pillion as mostly I'll be riding alone.
- city riding in comfort
And the most important of all it should be a fill it shut it forget it bike with utmost reliability. I can take care of regular maintenance though.

Experts please advise me which bike to buy? I love both the bikes but without test driving both I'm stuck in the horns of a dilemma :( This is gonna be my first bike and frankly never imagined myself to be stuck on choice till the duke came into the picture

P.s are any dealers in bangalore providing test ride for the r15? Bangalore wheels isnt giving one.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 28th August 2012 at 17:33.
Old 28th August 2012, 17:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hello friends

My requirements are:
- Touring maybe 100-200kms a day or even more.
- good mileage so as i can tour peacefully without hunting for gas stations.
- city riding in comfort

Experts please advise me which bike to buy? I love both the bikes but without test driving both I'm stuck in the horns of a dilemma :(
Partha bro, I have a few confusions in your request:

Quote:
My requirements are:
Going to ride alone with a pillion?

well, check out the pulsar NS too, if you are interested. It fits your bill pretty much. Did you look at Ninja 250, Hero ZMA, ZMA(ZMR) and CBR250 ?

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 28th August 2012 at 17:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks